• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firebase

Apr 24, 2013
    Sparks MD
    I just had to pay $75 for an AR stripped receiver transfer fee. That price is up from what I paid 2 months ago. Anyone know who in the Baltimore area has the best prices?

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I think that The Gun Store in Essex is doing it for $60 now (used to be $40 for MDS members). That used to be the best deal in town...now I might have to re-evaluate for my next few purchases or just eat the extra $20/gun...

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Ive paid $40 + $10 for MSP across the board wherever Ive gone in MD for an Xfer, but now everyone seems to have raised their prices. Seeing $60-$75 a lot of places. Ive been told at a few places that they are simply running out of room to store stuff and almost dont want any more xfers sitting around. Id also imagine if a gun store is low on inventory and has nothing to sell, upping the xfer fee is away to alleviate that.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Send a pm to Gun Connection, he was $30-$35 for years but I'm not sure right now.

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Freestate gun range and continental arms are higher vs the lower gun shop and I think gun connection is slightly lower than the 1st two named.

KevOswald

Mar 30, 2012
    I just had Clyde's Sport Shop in Halethorpe fax their FFL to a dealer in OH.

$50 transfer fee
    +$10 MD State Police paperwork
    +$20 chamber lock (they do not allow you to bring your own)
    +$15 if firearm does not come with a spent shell casing

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    You would think that the paperwork for transfers would be cheaper now, given the rise in the prices of guns in general. This is purely a matter of the FFL's not wanting to deal with Paperwork of ANY kind as they are overwhelmed with it. Funny though, I've not heard them complain when taking my money for a gun lately. ;)

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I did a private a handgun transfer at a local dealer that I do allot of business with. The private seller was also a regular customer of the same shop. $31 total.

After buying a few more guns from that shop, I had 2 PSA lowers deliverd it them ( no, the shop didn't have any lowers for sale). The transfer fee was $60 each ($50 + $10 for MSP) for a total of $120. 00. I questioned the fees and asked them about both lowers on a single 77R as I thought could be done and they'd said no, one form per lower. I really like the shop but i was disappointed by the fee.

In this market, with the lack of availability of product, the concept of charging high fees to deter online purchasing is a weak argument. They didn't have any lowers so my online purchase was more out of need than greed. I'm not going to sour my relationship with them over a few dollars but they missed an opportunity to better the relationship as they did with the aforementioned handgun sale. They won't get me next online purchase transfer, though. There's a shop accross town that will do it for less.

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Seems like they know they have you and are taking advantage of. They all seem outraged in the shop but are laughing all tbe way to bank.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Didn't Dan post a while back that GC was not doing transfers any more. I think 2A stopped too.
    Please correct me ne if I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom