• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    How is my asking about 80% receivers beating a dead horse? Is there or is there not a vendor that sells them at this show? Simple yes or no question. It is a hunk of metal. Nothing illegal about buying a hunk of metal.

These guys are giving you a hard time because while there is no problem with buying or selling 80% lowers, completing them in Maryland is now illegal. So you probably won't find any for sale at a Maryland show. This issue has been discussed extensively on this board.

Mr H

Banana'd
    These guys are giving you a hard time because while there is no problem with buying or selling 80% lowers, completing them in Maryland is now illegal. So you probably won't find any for sale at a Maryland show. This issue has been discussed extensively on this board.

I would love to see a citation on this...

But in order to avoid further sidetracking this thread, I'll just say that AFAIK this is incorrect.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Any dealers going to have a Ruger 10/22 breakdown, or a Benelli Supernova 12 gauge there this weekend? I could be convinced to drive there.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Post up if you see any dedicated 9mm AR lowers for sale. I'm close by and would stop in to pick one up.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Change of plans. My son is coming in today and leaving tomorrow mornings, so I may have to pass on this show.

Jim Smith

Hokie

Nov 20, 2012
    At the show now. Looks like there's people on the other side of the fairgrounds setting up for some Filipino festival. Gonna stop there after for some food and beer if the jerky from the show doesn't fill me up

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Saw a beautiful 1903 at show in great condition. May have been one of the nicest I have ever seen. Bore even looked great. Only thing was the price tag. It was worth the asking price but would have had to change vacation plans. I would have been only one in family happy....sigh

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Any dealers going to have a Ruger 10/22 breakdown, or a Benelli Supernova 12 gauge there this weekend? I could be convinced to drive there.

Saw at least 2 with the 10/22 breakdowns.

It was a typical Timoniun show. No bargains or deals to speak of except for the .22 LR I got for 8cpr-got his last 5 boxes of 50. Otherwise, same as before, maybe a few more junk vendors and a little more empty space. Certainty not very crowded. Fortunately Harrisburg is in 2 weeks.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I do not normally say this, but man was I disappointed.

Unless someone happened to have that specific old thing you needed, or you were looking for .22 rifles, or you needed cheap AR parts, or cheap optics, FTMP it was a pale version of prior shows.

Shooters Discount, of course, had their amazing deals, and Precision was, well, Precision ;)... But beyond that I was underwhelmed.

I did pick up a piece of jewelry from Jeni (always a talented and delightful gal, and always seems to separate me from some cash), but other than that I really found nothing of interest.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I know it's probably a vicious circle, but I wonder who is to blame for the downfall of this show? I can remember there being 2-3 Class III dealers setting up, with Dennis Todd being my favorite, White Marsh Arms and another one that their name escapes me right now. A ton of firearm dealers, a wall full of safes, Ammoman with his $500,000 worth of ammo too. I do realize that Preston had a great relationship with many of the dealers.

But now, you have no class III dealers, only a handful of firearm dealers, a small amount of ammo available and a bunch of T shirt, socks, crap dealers.

So, where is the fault placed? Did the dealers not have enough buyers so they stopped coming, or did the buyers stop showing up because there were so much junk and not enough firearms and ammo?

I can remember so many small parts dealers, like Sherluk, the guy from the Carolinas, just to name a few. Now it's very disappointing just to walk through the shows today realizing it's a shell of what it once was.

I haven't been to a show in recent months and was looking forward to going today, but I woke up, found out my son was coming into town and realized I wouldn't be missing too much if I didn't make the show.

Years ago, I would have postponed heart surgery just to make a Timonium show.

It's just not the same,
    Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom