• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Oh no here go criticism about a md show,lets see how this goes,forget it not even gonna say nothing else,I can be told I'm wrong by the wife instead.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Oh no here go criticism about a md show,lets see how this goes,forget it not even gonna say nothing else,I can be told I'm wrong by the wife instead.

As long as it's a reasoned, factual assessment, where's the issue?

It's the "all MD shows suck" and "socks and jerky" comments that send it sideways.

Honestly, I'm as big a defender as you'll find of the need for more and better shows in MD, but there's no escaping the reality... it's getting worse.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I've purchased an LE trade 6721 from Lou as well as a new one. I'm going to make one from this batch my third. I love the restricted roll mark on the LE ones. Can't have too many of these rifles!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

If you're older than 40, you'd know how much of a difference these shows are today compared to shows a few moons ago. I'm not bashing, I'm stating facts. These Timonium shows would bring people from Virginia, New Jersey, PA and even a few folks from WV. Now, they are but a shadow of what they once were. If you want to call my observations criticism, then so be it, but I can tell by your comments, that you don't know what this show once was. Because if you did, you would know the difference.

Jim Smith

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I'm 42 to be exact,I've made the hour and half drive to this show many times,I know how it once was,I've been criticized in the past for saying how md shows in particular this one have gone down hill,I agree with you,I was just saying how others have said we need to support these shows and or prices,I don't want to see anyone go out of business either but I do believe ans understand free market,supply/demand,unfortunately this state government has caused a lot of the problem and being nice,courteous,dressing up for Annapolis has not helped,they could care less.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Interesting day.. There was a guy asking questions about air guns and wanting to know if it could kill people and good for defense. He was a first time buyer. The sales guy kept telling him the guns he sold were for fun and entertainment. I didn't want to interrupt but I hope he found the right people.

I did see one stand selling 80% lowers for $48.

I did pick up some clips, gas tube, cleaning kit and FSB. No deals but I did use the Military ID to get something off. Trip was not wasted and got some food at the festival. I was looking for some chicken adobe. I love that stuff. I didn't find any maybe next time.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd have jumped on an 80% AR lower for $48, just to have one in my collection even though it's just a paper weight in Maryland. I've been thinking about getting a 10/22 80% lower and building that as a fun project.

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    Amazed at what I saw. Or what I didn't see. Apparently Mosin Nagant 9130 s have all of a sudden. Become scarce. I went with a friend to pick him a winner and we only saw two for 190. I never thought I'd see the day. There were a bunch of 44 s and 38 s but out of my price range for them.

Ammo seemed to be cheaper than normal.

Still nice to visit but nothing that knocked my socks off.

Last edited:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I swung through the show since the cool morning called for a bike ride on the NCR trail. Good to see mopar and lou45 with some nice rifles on display. I got parts, stripper clips etc... from various vendors at okay prices. No smoking deals that I could find. The abundance was a little disappointing overall but worth a couple hours.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The show was pretty lame. But I did get a Colt 6721 from Shooters Discount

Attachments

• 20140615_152626.jpg
      20140615_152626.jpg
      44.9 KB · Views: 393

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics