• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Given the political state of the state ( and the nation ) , in 2-3 years there won't be a Timonium Gun Show!! Go now while you can if you want!!
    It will soon be a thing of the past.

Let's see. 40% of the people don't give a S- - T about the country and 47% ( remember that ) are Obama lapdogs. That leaves you and I. Big EFFIN deal.
    Do the "Common Core" math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the Common Core math, and came up with :::checking my notes::: Thursday after next.

Support the dealers while you can, and keep fighting to preserve what we can.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    There aren't very many dealers there anymore. Most are local and I can go to their shop and not pay to get in. Now if Top Hat is back it may be worth the trip. Once in a blue moon I can find something old or unusual I'm looking for. The old guys with their collections that line the north wall once in awhile have something nice but over priced. I don't think they are there to sell just to BS with each other.

shiner500

Jul 8, 2011
    Maryland
    I wish they didn't cover all the handguns with mesh, how am I supposed to look at them?
    It might prevent someone from stealing them but it also prevents people from buying them.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I wish they didn't cover all the handguns with mesh, how am I supposed to look at them?
    It might prevent someone from stealing them but it also prevents people from buying them.

What it prevents is some scumbag from picking one up when the dealer turns around and walking away with it!!!! It is a sign of the times and vendors have to protect themselves. If someone is truly looking to buy, they will ask to see the item.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    What it prevents is some scumbag from picking one up when the dealer turns around and walking away with it!!!! It is a sign of the times and vendors have to protect themselves. If someone is truly looking to buy, they will ask to see the item.

I thought the same thing about the tables with a myriad of flashlights, optics, accessories, etc. Oftentimes there are 1-3 people watching 10+ tables with thousands of pieces of merchandise. Not hard for some of it to grow legs :sad20:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Can you walk into a gunshop and just pickup a handgun that isn't in a display case or other type display that is accessible only to the person(s) working there??? I don't think so. The shows are the same way; you need to ask to see a handgun.

THIS ^^^!!!

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV

I've been to some gun shows where the seller runs a long piece of paracord or even a long alarm cable through the trigger guards on all the guns on the table. It's loose enough to let people handle the guns, but it's a deterrent to someone stealing something.

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    Some folks have said the same about us with pretty much everything behind glass. But after losing over $15,000 in one year at shows, we just had to do this. One show we even lost a Nightforce scope that was behind glass - still don't have that one figured out.

Another show we lost 2 Eotechs we had mounted on the rifles. They has quick detach levers.

Another time 6 Magpul Stocks - 2 PRS, 2 UBR and 2 others got organic.

Oh and something else that I just have to mention - Some Gunshow Attendees are extremely careless. Recently had one guy go through and dry fire all 18 custom AR's 3 times each - yeah they all had Geissele Triggers - I was just on the edge of asking him to stop - but hey one needs to be careful - otherwise this character goes home, get on the computer and spouts off on some forum - "I was admiring PF's Rifles and the owner comes over and screaming and swearing at me to get my hands off his Sh**!" Please guys - if you see something like this happening - do the vendor and favor and say something to the careless one. And Kids - had some last week - picking up and swinging and banging together 2300 rifles!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Some folks have said the same about us with pretty much everything behind glass. But after losing over $15,000 in one year at shows, we just had to do this. One show we even lost a Nightforce scope that was behind glass - still don't have that one figured out.

Another show we lost 2 Eotechs we had mounted on the rifles. They has quick detach levers.

Another time 6 Magpul Stocks - 2 PRS, 2 UBR and 2 others got organic.

Oh and something else that I just have to mention - Some Gunshow Attendees are extremely careless. Recently had one guy go through and dry fire all 18 custom AR's 3 times each - yeah they all had Geissele Triggers - I was just on the edge of asking him to stop - but hey one needs to be careful - otherwise this character goes home, get on the computer and spouts off on some forum - "I was admiring PF's Rifles and the owner comes over and screaming and swearing at me to get my hands off his Sh**!" Please guys - if you see something like this happening - do the vendor and favor and say something to the careless one. And Kids - had some last week - picking up and swinging and banging together 2300 rifles!

THIS ^^^!!!

Yes, there is some real DOUCHBAGGERY out there that will abuse and fvck up anything that they can get their grubby douchbaggery hands on. So what if they fvck up something of yours that you have out on display, they're not goin' to buy it anyway so why the fvck should those douchbags care.:mad54: :mad54:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    At the fall Timonium 2013 I was volunteering with Lou and someone was attempting a "walk around" with a Taurus 82. I had to pointedly tell him that all times I needed to see the firearm. He claimed he was trying to get a feel for the weight of it. That guy was hilarious to watch.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    At the fall Timonium 2013 I was volunteering with Lou and someone was attempting a "walk around" with a Taurus 82. I had to pointedly tell him that all times I needed to see the firearm. He claimed he was trying to get a feel for the weight of it to make sure it wouldn't cause his pants to fall down after he sticks it in his pocket to try and walk outta'da' door with it.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    At the fall Timonium 2013 I was volunteering with Lou and someone was attempting a "walk around" with a Taurus 82. I had to pointedly tell him that all times I needed to see the firearm. He claimed he was trying to get a feel for the weight of it. That guy was hilarious to watch.

I would have let him get outside then beat him within an inch of his life in the parking lot.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Having worked a fair share of gun shows, I've had folks try to steal from the table. Seems like their favorite method is to ask to look at a firearm, then while looking at it, their buddy asks to see something at the other end of the tables. Or worse yet, they pick up a firearm and start acting weird or asking to buy it immediately. That's why we always had a policy that we waited on one person at a time and we never left a customer for another one.

It really is easy to get a firearm away from the table. But it's a little more difficult to get out of the building. But it can be done.

Jim Smith

shiner500

Jul 8, 2011
    Maryland

I just feel bad making the guys run back and forth.
    I like the idea of having a wire hooked up to each gun but I guess it can be impractical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom