• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    Got there early and ended up with a bungee sling from Precision, tee shirt, AIM sports 2.5-10x40 tactial scope with green laser, targets and one box of 223 HPs for $14.00 thanks to JR88. Nice talking to other members I meet today or now yesterday. I didn't think those mini 14 ss rugers would last long. nice.:thumbsup: The best price on 556 I seen was 18.00 a box at the table near Precision Firearms.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Just ONE of the crimes there was a box of 100 .223 that I got from Wally world for $35, dude wanted $120,, I laughed and walked away,, somebody probably bought it though!!!!!

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Amazingly high prices, wife got a cool para cord bracelet. Bout it.
    TD

It was my 9yo daughters gun show, wife and oldest are GS camping,, Jess saw the PC bracelets, wanted one,, so we both got one, $10 for the pair,, dunno, but she was happy,, so worth it to me. We also picked up $40 worth of sausage. I now have a gun show buddy!!!!!

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    got there at 8 ish, stood in which went around the building. Got in looking for reloading components. Picked up some priners and 30 30 projectiles. A few boxes for reloads. Did talk to a few members while there. It would seem the conversations are better than the show.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Got there early and ended up with a bungee sling from Precision, tee shirt, AIM sports 2.5-10x40 tactial scope with green laser, targets and one box of 223 HPs for $14.00 thanks to JR88. Nice talking to other members I meet today or now yesterday. I didn't think those mini 14 ss rugers would last long. nice.:thumbsup: The best price on 556 I seen was 18.00 a box at the table near Precision Firearms.

Dave, Nice talking to you yesterday. I didn't know you bought any ammo, If you had mentioned MDS earlier and I would have given you the discount! I sold over 1K rounds of Federal XM193 for .50 a round, it went fast. It's funny I took some ammo I could "spare" to offset the cost of the Tables Rentals. By 730 over half was swooped up by other Vendors. Then I saw them re-selling it for about double, so I felt like a fool. This was the first time I ever went as a seller, I took 7 older hunting rifles, and 6 of them found good homes.
    On the downside, I had a guy steal a spikes Enhanced LPK off my table, so that ate up most of my ammo profit for the day. Kind of sad, you meet so many friendly, like minded people who have a certain "integrity" and then some scum bag shows up to remind you of our world. It was a younger guy, who got me, I hope he knows "Karma is a bitch".

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I got there around 10:45 and it was crowded enough that getting to a table to look was at times a PITA. Was looking for a Kel Tec PMR-30 but didnt see any. I did manage to pick up a Ruger Vaquero .45LC with case colored frame and 5.5" barrel unfired NIB for a good price. It was the exact gun I was looking for. Saw a KSG for $1850 and laughed. Missed the Tavor, would have liked to have seen it in person but certainly not buying at that price. Just guns had a nice 6" Colt python in nickel on consignment for $1700. Not horrible compared to GB prices but too much $$ for me. Surprised at the lack of older WW-II rifles. I was hoping to maybe find a decent SVT-40 that wasnt $1000+ 7.62x54R and 5.45x39 ammo was priced ok but the rest seemed quite high. Didnt seem to deter anyone, the ammo pile as you went in was half its size by the time I left.

MDnumb321

Jan 28, 2013
    I got there around 10:45 and it was crowded enough that getting to a table to look was at times a PITA. Was looking for a Kel Tec PMR-30 but didnt see any. I did manage to pick up a Ruger Vaquero .45LC with case colored frame and 5.5" barrel unfired NIB for a good price. It was the exact gun I was looking for. Saw a KSG for $1850 and laughed. Missed the Tavor, would have liked to have seen it in person but certainly not buying at that price. Just guns had a nice 6" Colt python in nickel on consignment for $1700. Not horrible compared to GB prices but too much $$ for me. Surprised at the lack of older WW-II rifles. I was hoping to maybe find a decent SVT-40 that wasnt $1000+ 7.62x54R and 5.45x39 ammo was priced ok but the rest seemed quite high. Didnt seem to deter anyone, the ammo pile as you went in was half its size by the time I left.

I got there first thing. I too went with slim Kel-Tec hopes, of finding one of their rifles I want. The overall handgun and modern rifle selection was identical to all the local stores. No one was holding any firearms for the show, that's for sure. Nearly all the ammo I saw were Gunbroker prices, but the tables were always swarmed. So I guess I can't blame the vendors for charging triple when their lines were never less than 10 deep.

I went in with very low expectations of coming across one of the rifles or handguns I want, or finding reasonable ammo, and those expectations were confirmed.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    5.45x39 was NOT priced okay. it was 50 bucks more than AIM charges per tin. and if you bought a crate they didn't include an opener either.

bought a black MIAD for about 4 bucks more than dealer pricing on brownell's without having to wait for it to come back in stock (or pay shipping) but that was it.

monstarr

Feb 9, 2012
    Baltimore
    Wow. I was planning on ditching my old lady and heading there but reading the recent comments makes me want to just wait and maybe take a road trip to the next York show. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I got there first thing. I too went with slim Kel-Tec hopes, of finding one of their rifles I want. The overall handgun and modern rifle selection was identical to all the local stores. No one was holding any firearms for the show, that's for sure. Nearly all the ammo I saw were Gunbroker prices, but the tables were always swarmed. So I guess I can't blame the vendors for charging triple when their lines were never less than 10 deep.

I went in with very low expectations of coming across one of the rifles or handguns I want, or finding reasonable ammo, and those expectations were confirmed.

After seeing all the comments, I'm glad I stayed home and reloaded shotshells instead.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

What Model Keltec rifle are you looking for?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Went, saw, left empty handed( which is very rare), stuff was way too much. A few deals to be found walking round but that was about it while I was there.

Jawsjr2

Apr 28, 2013
    Potomac, MD
    AR15 with no wait?

I had a guy at one of the booths selling new AR15s and said its about a half hour wait and I could walk out with it. Does that make sense? I'm new to MD and its gun laws (and new to the AR15 world in general). Anyone confirm that I can do this? I thought there was a mandatory 7-day wait.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I had a guy at one of the booths selling new AR15s and said its about a half hour wait and I could walk out with it. Does that make sense? I'm new to MD and its gun laws (and new to the AR15 world in general). Anyone confirm that I can do this? I thought there was a mandatory 7-day wait.

(LIE) Yes... It is called the "Gun Show Loop Hole"... And if you believe THAT... I also have a toll bridge to sell you... :lol2: :sarcasm:

OR...

(TRUTH) No... It can not be done unless it was an unregulated firearm. Which would be an "AR 15 HBAR". Those are exempted due to the "Sporter/Target" model classification by Maryland Law. They are completely legal for FTF sale to persons who are otherwise legally able to possess or own firearms under the rules of law.

As for the half hour wait... It may be a half hour and it could be a few days depending on how quick the records check is completed.

spicedcrab

Feb 10, 2013
    How much is 223 once fired brass going for there? I have a couple thousand that im about to offer for sale but I don't know how much it should sell for. Does anyone know the going price? thanks

Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    Hey JR88 I remember you talking about that lower kit to a young guy. That is sad man but like you say theres karma. I only wish now I would have checked your prices first. Me and some friends got some range time in today and it felt great. Shot my new Percision Firearms upper and It run flawlessly. AIM sports scope sadly had issues. Could not site in but the up side I made it to the show before closing an the guys exchange it with no problem. The door man even let me in free. Now its back to the range when I can. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom