• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    If you're in DIRE need of ammo, or general AR parts and don't feel like ordering them online then yah it's worth a quick trip. The long line went pretty quick thankfully.

Thanks for the report. I'll probably stop by.
    As a side note... I just talked with a cousin in NJ who bought a new DPMS two weeks ago in a local shop for $799.95... (They had six EBRs on the shelf then.) He went back to pick it up this morning and the shelves are filled with EBRs. So I think the market is making another adjustment and hopefully it will fall as quickly as it soared.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Hey guys just want to let you know I'm about to show up to the gun show I'll have my 10/22 2700 rounds of .22 Long Rifle ammo 100 rounds a 556 in my Remington 700 aacsd in my car. If you're interested in any of those or you just want to say hi feel free. I'll be wearing khakis sandals and a blue t-shirt

and I hope pants or you won't be getting a lot of business. :lol2:

madstylez

Sep 27, 2010
    I got there around 10:15, there were just a couple of people ahead of me in line. It wasn't too crowded at that time. As others noted, ammo prices are still high. Gun prices are starting to trend down but are still on the high side. I was looking for a M&P 15-22 and didn't see any. There were plenty at the Chantilly show, I should've picked one up then. I ended up getting a nice mini 14 for a decent price though.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    All I scored were some ammo cans, that's really all I went there for. Couldn't believe the prices for the black rifles. Lou looked worn out when I said hi, & it wasn't even 9:30 yet. If they split the room in half, there could easily have been all knife tables in 1 half. Lots of Magpul stuff too.

Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    I was there in the first 50 it was a normal MD show.... very little ammo and not a whole lot of handguns being sold but there were a fair amount of EBRs for some higher then reasonable prices but only a few were insanely high. shooters discount had a nice MDShooters flag up and some nice ARs and AKs but only a few pistols this time. I picked up a few odds and ends spent about 45 bucks plus the entrance fee.... order ammo online if you can cause its bat crap insane for that still.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I picked up a box of 9mm Black Talons just for giggles. Probably overpaid, but oh well.

I was unimpressed, I wanted some beef jerky.

Did anyone else see the table with the guy selling .22lr in plastic baggies of 100 for $35?

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    April 27th & 28th
    Timonium Fair Grounds (Maryland 695 Beltway, Exit 24 to I-83 Exit 17)

2 Day Show Hours
    Open to the Public
    Saturday 9am to 5pm
    Sunday 9am to 3pm

Admission is $7.00 a day for anyone 12 and up

Parking is Free

coupon:
    saw AR's priced $1300-$1700 prices dropping sold some of ours last week Colt LE6920 $1050...

Who had the great idea of scheduling a gun show on the same day as the freakin' Appalachian Crafts Show? I went in the front gate and they wanted me to park out there by York Road. I turned around and went in past the barns and grandstands and parked a few rows from the building. It was all downhill from there, although no worse than I expected. Four items on my checklist: (1) ammo cans (2) 9mm (3) .22 (4) jerky. Got Nos. 1 and 4. I've got more ammo down my basement than most of the vendors. So do probably 90% of you. Sad.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I picked up a box of 9mm Black Talons just for giggles. Probably overpaid, but oh well.

I got a box of 9mm black talons at the last HoCo show. I paid $40 for 20 rounds but I had to have them. The box is in fabulous shape. Very cool item, congrats!

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

I got there around 10:30...

It was quite crowded...

I bought 2 bottles of Shooter's Choice gun cleaning fluid &

600 (3") Orange Dots for the rifle range...

There were a LOT of AR vendors there with prices to $2K......

I'm guessing that there will be a lot of empty tables after Oct 1st when the "MOM in Law" goes into effect..?

monstarr

Feb 9, 2012
    Baltimore
    I'm considering going tomorrow. Maybe I can find me a cheap HD pump shottie for the house and finally get rid of the 7.62 that I no longer own a rifle for.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    The Timonium shows have been very good to me over the years and this one was no exception. First table I came to I could not believe what was sitting there. A mint 1963 Remington 40X target rifle with Redfield Olympic sights, dealer had it priced under market so ended up spending my gun show money in the first 5 minutes.
    Saw a fair amount of nice older shotguns, my other Achilles heel but had no money left.

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpg
      IMG_1388.jpg
      44.9 KB · Views: 367
    Sgt Preston here...

I got there around 10:30...

It was quite crowded...

I bought 2 bottles of Shooter's Choice gun cleaning fluid &

600 (3") Orange Dots for the rifle range...

There were a LOT of AR vendors there with prices to $2K......

I'm guessing that there will be a lot of empty tables after Oct 1st when the "MOM in Law" goes into effect..?

I'm sure you saw the $1,500 DPMS uppers at the table up front next to Lou and the $850 lower at Just Guns. I asked if the lower were made of titanium, but they didn't answer.

This Timonium shows have been very good to me over the years and this one was no exception. First table I came to I could not believe what was sitting there. A mint 1963 Remington 40X target rifle with Redfield Olympic sights, dealer had it priced under market so ended up spending my gun show money in the first 5 minutes.
    Saw a fair amount of nice older shotguns, my other Achilles heel but had no money left.

Good buy, just not on my list. Even with the madness, MOM and the 60+ day wait, I've always got old S&Ws on my shopping list. Nothing that jumped out at me, though. When's the next show in PA?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The Timonium shows have been very good to me over the years and this one was no exception. First table I came to I could not believe what was sitting there. A mint 1963 Remington 40X target rifle with Redfield Olympic sights, dealer had it priced under market so ended up spending my gun show money in the first 5 minutes.

Nice rifle. Weird photo illusion makes it look like the trigger and trigger guard are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom