• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I got there about 11. About 10 in line so not really a wait. I definitely was hating the tight rows. Made it a pain to get to anything. Decent amount of guns. Lou had quite a bit. I ended up buying a PMag for my 308 and 100 rounds, 220 rounds of 7.62 x 39 and some Boondock Saints grips for my 1911. Ammo price is ridiculous otherwise I'd pick up more.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    The Timonium shows have been very good to me over the years and this one was no exception. First table I came to I could not believe what was sitting there. A mint 1963 Remington 40X target rifle with Redfield Olympic sights, dealer had it priced under market so ended up spending my gun show money in the first 5 minutes.
    Saw a fair amount of nice older shotguns, my other Achilles heel but had no money left.

Very Nice! Good to hear from you, (we made a deal a little while ago)

JWLaRue

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I saw a 16-inch FDE Tavor at the show late this afternoon. I watched some guy ask the vendor how much and heard a reply of $2995. When the guy declined and said he wasn't interested in paying more than MSRP, the vendor seemed to get insulted that customer didn't like the price and got a bit rude and said he can ask whatever he wants for it and told the customer to "go away".

Needless to say, after seeing that I didn't even try to talk with him and won't be looking to go that store in the future.

But at least I was able to see what the FDE ones look like.

-Jeff

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Which is better? Seems folks were less than enthusiastic about Harrisburg last time.
    Problem with the last Harrisburg show was that the promoter decided to ban all EBR's and that killed the show. I don't like having to pay to park and to pay to get in as is the practice at Harrisburg. York is a smaller show but a nice set up. Closer for most of us as well.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I was informed today at the show that the NRA has said there will be no gun sales at the next Harrisburg Show... ONLY display...

I managed to pick up a few things today at TGS...

M7 Bayonet w/sheath,
    1911 8rnd mag,
    5 Mosin stripper clips,
    some Frog lube,
    A Starbucks style "love guns" tee-shirt...

And some decent conversation with Lee2 and Lou45 for a few seconds while they were not stuck with customers... And a few other good folks as well.

The show is what TGS has become... PRICE heavy and occupied by knife, jerky and airsoft vendors. But STILL a nice time chatting with the folks.

But the thing that really got to me is the guys at the table up front and a few tables south of Lou, who are selling NON Magpul BUIS as REAL Magpul BUIS :mad54:
    (Pairs of F and R for $50.00 [Gen 1] and $60.00 [Gen II]

The difference is so obvious when you know what to look for. But not everyone knows.

I listened to them say that the reason they were so cheap is that they ordered 50 pairs and were shipped 500 pairs.

Fake shit tends to piss me off... FRAUD REALLY makes me :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I was informed today at the show that the NRA has said there will be no gun sales at the next Harrisburg Show... ONLY display...

I managed to pick up a few things today at TGS...

M7 Bayonet w/sheath,
    1911 8rnd mag,
    5 Mosin stripper clips,
    some Frog lube,
    A Starbucks style "love guns" tee-shirt...

And some decent conversation with Lee2 and Lou45 for a few seconds while they were not stuck with customers... And a few other good folks as well.

The show is what TGS has become... PRICE heavy and occupied by knife, jerky and airsoft vendors. But STILL a nice time chatting with the folks.

But the thing that really got to me is the guys at the table up front and a few tables south of Lou, who are selling NON Magpul BUIS as REAL Magpul BUIS :mad54:
    (Pairs of F and R for $50.00 [Gen 1] and $60.00 [Gen II]

The difference is so obvious when you know what to look for. But not everyone knows.

I listened to them say that the reason they were so cheap is that they ordered 50 pairs and were shipped 500 pairs.

Fake shit tends to piss me off... FRAUD REALLY makes me :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:
    it was a pleasure to talk to you. BTW. i like the way you think.;)

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    i went and left with nothing was looking for a lower kit wound up ordering one from PSA for way less

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The Timonium shows have been very good to me over the years and this one was no exception. First table I came to I could not believe what was sitting there. A mint 1963 Remington 40X target rifle with Redfield Olympic sights, dealer had it priced under market so ended up spending my gun show money in the first 5 minutes.
    Saw a fair amount of nice older shotguns, my other Achilles heel but had no money left.

Nice score! I have an earlier 40X in my collection, has the straight bolt handle. That rifle shoots as well as any Anschutz I have ever owned.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I was there today. Most of the EBR and AK prices were laughable. Ammo prices were unbelievable. Reloading brass was a little higher than the last show. I was there mostly to get parts to finish up my blackout build, and I got a fair price for the stuff I needed at Precisions booth considering I went home with it today no backorder shipping charges. I saw Lou's booth and I saw those nice SAM 1911's but didn't stop to handle one too many leg humpers slobbering on the displays.

The one thing that disturbed me was I was at the Love Coffee and Guns booth and they had the Lower ObsceneJester was pushing and the thing that bother me besides the price of $425 for stripped billet lower. Trigger pin holes raw aluminum, buffer tube threads aluminum, safety holes aluminum. On a lower that costs $425 it had better be anodized sealed on all sides and edges. Why you ask, well if you like to use SS anti-rotational pins they are stainless steel they will cause oxidation due the galvanic response, SS and Aluminum are pretty far apart on the galvanic scale and the corrosion caused by bare aluminum and stainless steel will lock anti-roll pins in place. Any bare aluminum on a AR is bad in repects to the environment inside a gun is concerned.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    It was packed when I arrived around noon. Plenty of guns and knives. Prices to me were okay at some tables, but crazy at others. One table had plenty of HBARs starting at $1,559 and up, and they didn't seem to be selling. Some used guns that looked like they been through a grinder were priced way too high. A China made hand-grip-bipod combo was going for $20 at one table, $30 at another table, and $50 at another. You think they would at least have someone to go around compare so they can compete. Loads of China made accessories and AR parts. I saw many AR lowers reasonably priced at several tables. Good show, and good conversation. Go and have fun.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I was there from around 10 - 12. Didn't see anything that was a 'have to have it'....except I did score 1000 Winchester small pistol primers for $36. I probably should'a bought 2,000, but I just finished reloading a batch lately and still had aout 600...so I thought 1 more extra 1000 was enoug to hold me for a while. The guy was selling the small pistol primers like no tomorrow and only had 6 or so when I got therre...and ranout soon after. He did have 1k boxes of large rifle primers...probably 12 - 15 of them....same price. Also picked up 20 rounds of 30-30 for my brother for $16. I'm supposed to take him to my club sometime sooon so he can shoot his Marlin 336, but he has had trouble finding anything except really expensive premium ammo. I saw a couple Japanese Browning A-5s for decent prices and also a few pretty decent doubles (one of my weaknesses) for good, although not spectacular prices. And, oh yeah....a guy from PA was walking around with a pretty nice Sauer drilling. He said he had no interest in selling to anyone without an FFL. Given the price he had on it, good luck to him. Not that it was a BAD price...but it was close to retail. Of course, those aren't the things most people would be interested in right now. The crowds were pretty big, although not as bad as I thought they might be before i got there.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    did anyone catch private sales of ammo? how much were they asking?

i have a couple thousand rounds i dnid't get to sell today... sounds like i can prob ask .80 a round seeing the dealers are asking over a dollar!

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    Who had the great idea of scheduling a gun show on the same day as the freakin' Appalachian Crafts Show? I went in the front gate and they wanted me to park out there by York Road. I turned around and went in past the barns and grandstands and parked a few rows from the building. It was all downhill from there, although no worse than I expected. Four items on my checklist: (1) ammo cans (2) 9mm (3) .22 (4) jerky. Got Nos. 1 and 4. I've got more ammo down my basement than most of the vendors. So do probably 90% of you. Sad.

The craft show is always going on the same time LOL.

It makes parking worse then it's already going to be. :mad54:

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    I saw a 16-inch FDE Tavor at the show late this afternoon. I watched some guy ask the vendor how much and heard a reply of $2995. When the guy declined and said he wasn't interested in paying more than MSRP, the vendor seemed to get insulted that customer didn't like the price and got a bit rude and said he can ask whatever he wants for it and told the customer to "go away".

Needless to say, after seeing that I didn't even try to talk with him and won't be looking to go that store in the future.

But at least I was able to see what the FDE ones look like.

-Jeff

He told me $2799.99...just shook my head and left. Couldn't imagine fondling it for what he was asking. Scored a Vltor MUR upper! Went looking for an A2 grip in FDE and found one for $20...way overpriced.

Still looking in case you guys know where to get one.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Shooters Discount sold out of the Ruger Stainless GB Mini-14's today at the show. If ya's plannin' on comin' t'morrow for one, they's all gone. Hopefully will have more arriving in the next month or two. When they arrive, I'll post in my IP section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom