• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigrascal

Sep 7, 2012
    Chase
    The OP was having an issue shipping gun parts from a UPS store I was simply offering a cheaper more efficiant alternative.....

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    Federal law and UPS policy require you to declare as a firearm shipment if it contains a firearm.

Advocating on this forum breaking the law is a really bad idea.
    To hell with UPS policy. It's their inconsistency about accepting to ship firearm related items that's causing people to claim it's anything other than firearm related items in the first place. So if you need to get something from point A to point B and the only way to do so warrants violating "federal law" out of necessity, then so be it. It's why we have Jury Nullification.
    Fact of the matter is each and every one of you are guilty of breaking multiple laws on a daily basis without even trying.
    And honestly, no federal agent is going to give you a hard time over shipping a PART like this (which is what the OP was talking about), and if they do, tell them to either charge you with something or **** off.

According to their corporate headquarters that is the main reason the UPS Store stopped accepting gun related items. People have been lying about the contents of their packages which results in firearms being illegally shipped. That creates problems for UPS.

They have been trying to deal with the issue by having the local stores call headquarters to verify whether an item can be accepted but in most cases the people answering the calls know nothing about firearms. So if they don't know the answer they just tell them to take it to a hub. This has resulted in inconsistencies on what is being accepted for shipping at the local stores.

The laws are dumb and should not exist but that aside it seems that gun owners are largely responsible for the problem.
    It's the inconsistencies from the people at UPS that started it to begin with, and now UPS is trying to claim it's people lying. Well people wouldn't have to lie if UPS knew what they were doing to begin with.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    To hell with UPS policy. It's their inconsistency about accepting to ship firearm related items that's causing people to claim it's anything other than firearm related items in the first place. So if you need to get something from point A to point B and the only way to do so warrants violating "federal law" out of necessity, then so be it. It's why we have Jury Nullification.
    Fact of the matter is each and every one of you are guilty of breaking multiple laws on a daily basis without even trying.
    And honestly, no federal agent is going to give you a hard time over shipping a PART like this (which is what the OP was talking about), and if they do, tell them to either charge you with something or **** off.

It's the inconsistencies from the people at UPS that started it to begin with, and now UPS is trying to claim it's people lying. Well people wouldn't have to lie if UPS knew what they were doing to begin with.

I agree with a lot of what you say. There are way too many laws on the books that are senseless and do nothing but unnecessarily restrict the individual freedoms of law abiding people. And trust me if I were king of the universe 50% of all laws on the books, not just firearms related ones, would be toast on day 1. Regardless, these are the rules we have to work with and they are enforced by people with guns. So what options does that leave UPS when customers start exploiting their business practices to skirt the law and unwillingly co-opt them as an accomplice to a crime? UPS is not handling the issue well and needs to get its act together but we can't ignore that their response is to gun owners trying to violate the law, avoid FFL fees, avoid HAZMAT fees, avoid cumbersome regulations, etc.

I think the solution is 1) gun owners need to obey the law, 2) UPS needs to get itself organized and implement a uniform policy for its shipping business, and 3) we need to stop voting for the morons and totalitarians that make these ridicules and unnecessary laws that are the root of the problem.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The madness continues... I went to my local UPS store across from the St. Charles Town Center after work to send a defective FiOS router back to Verizon. As I was waiting there was a guy at the counter trying to ship a package.

The counter clerk asked "what's an Aimpoint PRO?"

The customer said "...it's a kind of gun sight"

The clerk rolled his eyes and kind of looked at the ceiling before spouting out the company policy that no firearms or firearms parts or anything that can be attached to a firearm (duct tape makes every item prohibited I guess...) can be shipped at the UPS Store and that he'd have to go to the local hub...

I said "that's completely ridiculous" and dropped off my package. I felt bad for the guy trying to ship that Aimpoint. If it were me I would have just told them I had "electronics" in the box lol.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom