• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    Today would have been a great to go shoot. Oh wait, my TMGNMD membership is worthless. Unless you count broken promises and lies (sorry, "half truths").

I tried to get my money back, but was told they are not refunding memberships!!!!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ... my TMGNMD membership is worthless ...

I tried to get my money back, but was told they are not refunding memberships!!!!

That's not reassuring. Maybe they fear a stampede once they allow (with people putting money toward Heritage memberships instead) - or maybe the terms of the purchase didn't allow for refunds whether or not the project came to fruition?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    That's not reassuring. Maybe they fear a stampede once they allow (with people putting money toward Heritage memberships instead) - or maybe the terms of the purchase didn't allow for refunds whether or not the project came to fruition?

They probably don't have the cash to provide them even if they wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I can understand the former, but the latter is a complete dick move and not cool, unless you are a Ferengi.

Seriously though. TMGN needs to start thinking about the image (or lack thereof) they have with the general public. People signed on to this 2+ years ago for the pre-order for memberships. I have no dog in this fight, other than an indoor range that is within 10 minutes of home. I don't have a membership with them, and at the rate it is going, I doubt anybody will renew their membership after the first year. TMGN's image is completely shattered, because of how they are handling this PR abortion, that is completely their fault. If they were serious about business and keeping people happy, they could at least do something that would put the members at ease. These "updates" on FB where they call out the county are unacceptable and I think the owners of TMGN know it, but are still grasping at straws, just to keep things going till they open or hit the point of no return and the business fails.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

AFAIK, at this time Heritage's business model is hourly rentals. There is no membership available.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Today would have been a great to go shoot. Oh wait, my TMGNMD membership is worthless. Unless you count broken promises and lies (sorry, "half truths").

I think you are being a little harsh. Although there was talk of a fall 2014 opening or whatever, it was clear to me the pre-memberships (of which I have one) were reduced in price due to the risk/wait.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    AFAIK, at this time Heritage's business model is hourly rentals. There is no membership available.

I like that approach for a new place. They continually have keep to customers feeling like their money is well spent to draw traffic.

Is this a venue where you might teach classes? Have you taken a tour of the facility?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    They are clearly gun people. Especially the "co owner" in her video shooting the "fully automatic RIFLE" known as the MP5K.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I like that approach for a new place. They continually have keep to customers feeling like their money is well spent to draw traffic.

Is this a venue where you might teach classes? Have you taken a tour of the facility?

I inquired about renting classrooms and came away with the impression Heritage did not embrace this mutually beneficial opportunity.

I know they will have their own training programs and training staff.

Perhaps I am wrong, or their position will evolve.

If it were my range, I'd almost give away classroom rentals to sell range time, farm good instructors, introduce shooters to the sport, and to Heritage's facility

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    It seems kind of odd to me, not selling memberships, when there's another range just minutes away that does. Regardless of the rough start, there are a lot of people who aren't so anxious as many of us here and will certainly shoot at TMGN. Also, for those that shoot a lot, membership just makes good sense; we can be talking some major dollars/year at hourly rates. Also, given Maryland's restrictive environment, is there that much to be made off training? Are they counting on courses related to HQL for revenue? Or will they have a lot of club activity?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I inquired about renting classrooms and came away with the impression Heritage did not embrace this mutually beneficial opportunity.

I know they will have their own training programs and training staff.

Perhaps I am wrong, or their position will evolve.

If it were my range, I'd almost give away classroom rentals to sell range time, farm good instructors, introduce shooters to the sport, and to Heritage's facility

I interviewed for a full time instructor position at Heritage.
    Let just say their teaching strategy and prep work and policies were ones I was comfortable with. I told them, unless I could make changes and had authority to do so I was not interested.

Fyi... during the interview I had the most civilian teaching experience and curriculum development experience in the room. By far.
    They even ask me to lay out there RSO training program and started taking notes.

IMO Heritage had gaping holes in the training. They lived to idealistically.
    Again just my opinion.

I hope I am wrong and they suceed. We will see.

Chris

capinyoass

Apr 19, 2013
    I interviewed for a full time instructor position at Heritage.
    Let just say their teaching strategy and prep work and policies were ones I was comfortable with. I told them, unless I could make changes and had authority to do so I was not interested.

Fyi... during the interview I had the most civilian teaching experience and curriculum development experience in the room. By far.
    They even ask me to lay out there RSO training program and started taking notes.

IMO Heritage had gaping holes in the training. They lived to idealistically.
    Again just my opinion.

I hope I am wrong and they suceed. We will see.

Chris

Did you apply at The Machine Gun Nest?

donw@fyi.net

Mar 20, 2014
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I would like to "tone down" the negative rhetoric about TMGN. I don't know them. I did meet them at some fair type function. They seem like nice , somewhat naïve, people. But hey guys! They are young people who were overly optimistic before they tangled with an unfriendly bureaucracy. Cut them a break!

I've "battled" with the Maryland State Police and the BATFE. IT WAS A MAJOR PAIN!!!! (Lost one-the other is still "in progress" a mere 180 days later)

If you think you could have done better I look forward to shooting at your range in a month or two.

Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    From TMGNMD facebook page dated 5/21: Both zoning administrators have individually agreed to get us our occupancy. Unfortunately, they're not giving us paperwork as of today. We requested that they give us the paperwork and they said they are working on it. We have reached out to everyone we can. The gentleman who's signature is needed is out of town for the rest of the week and weekend. We've left him many messages, so we're just waiting to hear back when he gets back into town.

Sorry, but this post is full of untruths. The county can't issue the U&O until the inspections are done. There are at least 1/2 dozen still needing to be done.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Roger Moree, ladies & gentlemen! 13 posts total, all since May 13, & all focused on calling the TMGN folks liars & cheats. Seems like someone needs a big ol' hug!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom