• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Totally agree as well. Nicole is amazing and the Nest's customer service is fantastic. I love the place, I just wish I got there more often.

Last edited:

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I just wanted to provide my personal experience using TMGN for transfer. First off, I am a member so I did receive the discount.

I had the best near to Frederck LGS customer experience at the Nest. Nicole's customer service and attitude was fantastic. She helped me look for several pistols to choose from that no other --close to me -- IPs had (nor their distributors). Come to find out, their five main distributors were out of the pistols I wanted with the exception of one which she provided me with a competitve LGS pricing. Then she looked up, without me asking, couple online retailers for me and let me know that the pistols on my want list were available and at lower prices. She then looked up the price on the pistol, that her distributors had, on the same online store and said that the pistol was much less on the site as well and suggested to me to order from the site and have it transferred there!!! I told her I wanted to give the business to the Nest by ordering through them. Her response was that she wanted me to be happy with any pistol purchase and ofcourse paying much lower price would be the better option. I told her I felt bad that she spent time looking for all these pistols on my want list and I would not be buying it directly from them. Her response to that was, Something in the lines of (not verbatim), "here at the Nest, we are just happy to know folks are getting to own guns" and "no worries about ordering online" and she handed me a card with the ffl name on fil with that webstore.
    I ordered and waited. I tracked the pistols and seriously no sooner than 1hr after I saw that the package was delivered, I saw an email from Nicole that she had the pistols ready for me. When I showed up to fill the paperwork, she took me into the training/classroom to fill the forms, in which most of the non-initial needed sections were pre-filled. I was also purchasing a used firearm from a MDS member so he drove over to the Nest same afternoon. Nicole got his information and handed him a genuine receipt with my signature as the seller, TMGN as the ffl and seller info on it, finalized with a TMGN stamp! I never had any ffl provide that neat and professionalized private sales form. After signed and done, she carefully stocked my pistols and carried it to their locked room for the required purgatory.
    I tell you what, it was a great transfer experience. I think the fact that she had the papers ready and had a separate room to fill out the forms made a big difference. I had been to one former IP to find that after filling up my form with my personal info, the forms were just stacked on the counter where other customers would be able to see my info.

I wish they would register as an FFL at some of the online auction sites (Gunbroker for example) because it would make it easier to select them as the FFL during the transaction. I suggested this to them the last time I was up there but because it was over a weekend and Nicole was not there, I'm not sure if the message ever got passed along to her. I normally do not get up there on weekdays, but maybe I need to find the time to do that and talk to her about it.

Cal68

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    They do have an FFL on file with Gunbroker it is just not listed as The Machine Gun Nest. I am sure someone here knows what they are listed under.

Last edited:

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    The do have an FFL on file with Gunbroker it is just not listed as The Machine Gun Nest. I am sure someone here knows what they are listed under.

RK86 LLC
    7910 Reichs Ford Rd
    Frederick, Maryland 21704

Thanks Guys, good information to have. I stopped by TMGN last week and Nicole gave me the same information. Glad to know that they are on GB.

Cal68

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Sunday night at 6pm close seems to be the biggest change, if I remember they're old schedule correctly (not a member, but go there a la carte). That Sunday evening time (between 6-9pm) is when I go to Heritage most frequently, so hope they continue to stay open for that period.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Went today to use some groupons. Staff is extremely friendly and professional. The facility is clean, updated, cool temps and worth a trip. Now I can't decide between an MK25 or CZ75

89GLH

Jan 26, 2012
    I went to TMGN for my first time a few months ago, and only had one hiccup in the whole process. A little background, I normally leave my magazines loaded, out of the weapon, and in their cases (I'm not loading a mag if someone gets into my house). I forgot you're not supposed to bring loaded firearms into a shop (again, first time in a long time). I just grabbed the cases and headed out. When the girl behind the counter opened the case to my 22/45, and pulled the slide back to check it. Never dropped the magazine. I saw I forgot to put an empty mag in because when she racked it back to inspect the chamber and let go she chambered a round. The slightest glimmer of brass as she let go caught my eye. She said, "this one's clear" and started to put it back in the case. I politely and assertively said STOP. She held it up, and I called over to another employee who took it from her, dropped the magazine, and ejected the loaded round. I then got the tongue lashing I deserved from him, and I totally owned that. But to have an employee not know how to clear a firearm, and even worse say its clear when NOW it's loaded and chambered momentarily scared the isht out of me. She looked unsure about it, and should have asked instead of faking it.

Now whenever I go to any range I empty everything at the house and store the ammo for transport. Rookie mistake on my part, but an even worse one on hers. Hopefully everyone used it as a teachable moment, I sure did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom