• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    This what I strongly believed happen, based on years of experience. TMGNMD put the HVAC in another place that was not on the approved site plan. They the county said they had to beef up the electrical. This was done, but then on 4/10 the county found out the HVAC was in wrong location. I don't believe the county is at fault. The 2 didn't dont have ANYTHING to do with the other.

Of course it's easier for TMGNMD to blame the county (as they have from day one) for this mistake, then it is for them to admit they put the HVAC in wrong place.

I truly have no problem with TMGNMD. I wish them well in their business. However, I invested money in their project and I'm sick of the lies. For over a year we are told that they will open in a few months, but the TRUTH is, real construction didn't start until 2015. Again follow the permit paper trail. And their pictures they posted. They said the ceiling inspection was a major delay. Look at permit. It still has been done ad yet construction inside is mow finished. How could that have happen??

You are spot-on IMO. This kind of thing happens all the time, and people want to blame the county, inspectors, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    A lie is a false statement with a deliberate intention to deceive.

I sincerely doubt anyone here has enough information to make that accusation with any authority. There has been inaccurate information communicated; that does NOT automatically mean that someone is a liar.

Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    I guess I'm not the only one that feels their video updates don't pass the smell test. I'm posting this before TMGNMD removes it like they do with any other Facebook posts that call them out on their excuses.
    From TMGNMD facebook page

James Grose
    Did you show the county where the HVAC units were going on a site plan? Was it shown on the Mechanical plans? Your video again talks without specifics so I have a hard time understanding what's going on. I'd write a letter for you but I will not without actual information as to the specifics. Inspectors do not communicate with each other. Mechanical, electrical, building, plumbing, fire, health, site plan enforcement, erosion control. All these
    Inspectors look at is their own part of the job. I don't have a problem with inspectors but you have to know all the crazy nuances they can bust you on without telling you ahead of time. It comes from knowing what to ask for ahead of time. I'm sorry but Inspectors take a ton of heat off things like this and I can bet that last time you called them out on Facebook that they are now able to use any code they want to bust you and fail you. Never piss off an inspector. Not when the construction codes are so vast and grey and filled with loopholes and different interpretations of similar codes. These are just hints. Having people get fired up for you and sending in letters to the county and inspectors with zero information isn't going to help your cause. That's just a tip. I'm sure I'll get a private email or reminder about how I'm a jerk. I'm honestly just trying to help.
    Like · Reply · 6 · Yesterday at 9:54am

Jim Cokonis
    The very fact that the sections of enforcement do not coordinate or cooperate, that the rules are vast AND grey, that these inspectors have the POWER to become vindictive when called out by their employers AND/OR customers is exactly why. Those willing...See More
    Like · 1 · Yesterday at 10:59am

James Grose
    I have been in the business for 20 years. If you don't know what you are doing the problem compounds. If you took your vehicle to a mechanic and he messed it up 20 times what would you do? Give him a hard time or go somewhere else? If someone is runnin...See More
    Like · 1 · Yesterday at 11:07am

Erick Hayman James Grose, I hear you loud and clear. I have been sketched out by them taking people's money before they even had an idea of when they would open.
    Like · 1 · 42 mins

James Grose
    If this was political it would mean that heritage shooting and training academy down the street wouldn't be open right? They started later as well. Oh oops. They received their U&O a day ago! Go figure. Yeah, it can't be issues stemming from issues of not knowing codes or how things get submitted etc. I'm not buying it anymore either. I'm tired of the finger pointing. Point the finger and use real facts and state the codes that were either being cited or called out as failing instead of sicking the fanboys of the MGN on the inspectors and the county. That doesn't bode well for having a professional working relationship with the people that can very easily have you by the balls. These are the games you have to play in this business. Like it or not.
    Like · 1 · 36 mins

Write a reply...

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    There is an update on TMGN Facebook page.

From their Fb page: (https://www.facebook.com/TMGNMD/posts/853397108066119)

The Machine Gun Nest - 4 hrs (21MAY15)

Hey everyone.

We just got off the phone with the county.

Frederick County has told us that they do not have an answer for us today. The zoning administration has said yes. Both zoning administrators have individually agreed to get us our occupancy. Unfortunately, they're not giving us paperwork as of today. We requested that they give us the paperwork and they said they are working on it. We have reached out to everyone we can. The gentleman who's signature is needed is out of town for the rest of the week and weekend. We've left him many messages, so we're just waiting to hear back when he gets back into town.

We're doing everything we can to get this place open for you guys. In the meantime, feel free to stop by during business hours during the week and say hello. We'd love to answer any questions you have and show you around.
    Thank you all for following and your continued support. We live in the best town and we can't wait to get open to provide you all with a great place to learn and grow your shooting skills. While we're busy here preparing and you all are busy this Memorial Day weekend, don't forget to reflect upon the sacrifices made by those who chose to serve our country.

Thanks,

TMGN Crew

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    From their Fb page: (https://www.facebook.com/TMGNMD/posts/853397108066119)

The Machine Gun Nest - 4 hrs (21MAY15)

Hey everyone.

We just got off the phone with the county.

Frederick County has told us that they do not have an answer for us today. The zoning administration has said yes. Both zoning administrators have individually agreed to get us our occupancy. Unfortunately, they're not giving us paperwork as of today. We requested that they give us the paperwork and they said they are working on it. We have reached out to everyone we can. The gentleman who's signature is needed is out of town for the rest of the week and weekend. We've left him many messages, so we're just waiting to hear back when he gets back into town.

Thanks,

TMGN Crew

There's a lot of whining in the emboldened paragraph that was unnecessary. They could focus on the positive, indicate that they are eagerly awaiting the official county sign off, and leave out the bit about the guy being on vacation that they're leaving messages for. If 90% of the delays are at their (the owners of TMGN) doorstep, complaining about a week here or there on an approval process seems petty.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Aren't memberships still available discounted on their website?

I bet there will be a bump in purchases once there is a clear opening date - the owners had mentioned early on that they would leave the discounted rate available until they opened.

Given the slowness at which this opening has occurred, it would be nice if they did something for those that bought before 2015 (e.g. give them an extra couple of months on the membership or some free machine gun time - just some simple gesture).

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    There's a lot of whining in the emboldened paragraph that was unnecessary. They could focus on the positive, indicate that they are eagerly awaiting the official county sign off, and leave out the bit about the guy being on vacation that they're leaving messages for. If 90% of the delays are at their (the owners of TMGN) doorstep, complaining about a week here or there on an approval process seems petty.
    The fact that they are saying they are being held up by a single county employee, that is on vacation, is a serious load of crap. They are placing their screw ups on the county, so they aren't held accountable for screwing up.

They can call as much as they want to, but it won't get anything done till he/she gets back. I'm pretty sure TMGN was notified of the person going away for a week or so and to have all of their crap wired tight and submitted so it could be approved before the person left. But like I have seen with them in the past, they are always blaming somebody else for things that they screw up.

If the owners are reading this, the county does have more than one person that could approve your app. Just a thought...

Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    Well TMGNMD DID IT AGAIN, they edited their Facebook page of negative comments. They have done this type of crap before.

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    Just because they are doing that doesn't mean much other than they are trying to hide that people are upset because they haven't delivered on their promises.
    A better place to voice your opinion publicly would be yelp, once they have a page. Then they can't edit comments to their liking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom