• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BamBam

Free Man
    Jan 23, 2013
    Sykesville, MD
    Patrick, when section 4-110 describes restricted firearm ammunition as (III) "entirely composed of a metal or metal alloy other than lead" that would ban all of the solid copper HUNTING bullets such as the entire Barnes product line and the new Hornady GMX bullets and others.

These bullets are best performing on big game AND they were designed to move away from lead for environmental reasons. Now back to only lead?? This conflicts with the envirnmental mandates. They can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    it never says bullets

is says:
    A CARTRIDGE, A SHELL, OR ANY OTHER DEVICE THAT IS INTENDED FOR USE IN A FIREARM

that covers basically every internal part to the gun that is removable.

hammer, fireing pin, magazine, etc.

sure it should be implied by "firearm ammunition" but then why would ammunition need an further definition other than bullet and projectile?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Patrick, when section 4-110 describes restricted firearm ammunition as (III) "entirely composed of a metal or metal allow other than lead" that would ban all of the solid copper HUNTING bullets such as the entire Barnes product line and the new Hornady GMX bullets and others.

These bullets are best performign on big game AND they were designed to move away from lead for environmental reasons. Now back to only lead?? This conflicts with the envirnmental mandates. They can't have it both ways.

the federal government wants to ban lead. between both its an ammo ban.

robbo

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2008
    AACO
    Spoke to Smigiel about this. He made sure they new that flash suppressor does not equal muzzle brake.

So... We'll see how it ends up being interpreted by MSP, but brakes are *supposed* to be ok.

MSP may think it's ok, but run into the wrong "interpreter" and they can make our life miserable.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    My quickish read:

Fingerprinting lives on...

Fee back up to $50 from $25.

That mental health shuffling is crazy. I can't even attempt to wrap my head around that at the moment. Pages upon pages struck with new pages added. Holy hell.

Now required to register regulated arms within 90 days if moving in from another state and trying to establish residency! Page 47.

The bill requiring dealers to inform of our duty to report lost/stolen thrown in here.

And not to mention at $15 each... So if I have 30 rifles and handguns (and I have more than that, moving to MD would cost me an extra $450 plus time to complete all that paperwork?)

Very generous indeed.

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    Makes me wonder about suppressors (silencers). Will they be considered flash suppressors too?

Now, I hate to ask this, but does G&S stand for?

I'm not giving up my flaming pig! Noveske lists that as a "flash supressor" on their website.

The more I read the more pissed off I am. Hope they kill this whole thing. Going to be calling a bunch of donors during my lunch break.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I'm not giving up my flaming pig! Noveske lists that as a "flash supressor" on their website.

The more I read the more pissed off I am. Hope they kill this whole thing. Going to be calling a bunch of donors during my lunch break.

Remember, be respectful. We want to educate, enlighten and force them to question their delegate as well as threaten to withhold donations, not turn them to antis! This is evidenced by the Apple Ford thread!

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    Remember, be respectful. We want to educate, enlighten and force them to question their delegate as well as threaten to withhold donations, not turn them to antis! This is evidenced by the Apple Ford thread!

acknowledged. Is there specific donors we should focus on? Like us all fire bombing a donor at the same time or are we just going down that whole list?

It's too bad I don't see my district 21 (the way this is going, we may very well end up being like hunger games) donors on the website.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    acknowledged. Is there specific donors we should focus on? Like us all fire bombing a donor at the same time or are we just going down that whole list?

It's too bad I don't see my district 21 (the way this is going, we may very well end up being like hunger games) donors on the website.

I would say go for bigger donors first.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Anyone over in Lawyer's Mall: you might want to head over to the House Office and help us pack the JPR Committee Room 100 — there are already 7 or so antis here, and about 2 dozen of friendlies.

Shadetree

Feb 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    So it just occurred to me that they may water this down soooo much that it passes the house, goes to the senate, gets a down vote so it can go to committee, where the speaker and pres hand picks the members and they can put back everything they want! This bill has to die in the house!!!!!!!!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    So it just occurred to me that they may water this down soooo much that it passes the house, goes to the senate, gets a down vote so it can go to committee, where the speaker and pres hand picks the members and they can put back everything they want! This bill has to die in the house!!!!!!!!

Gotta love Domestic Enemy politics.

BamBam

Free Man
    Jan 23, 2013
    Sykesville, MD
    Also worth noting, if they mandate only shells loaded with lead... then that kills the entire waterfowl hunting tradition in Maryland. Duck/Goose hunters use steel or tungsten (even bismuth) pellets. Lead has been banned since 1991

All in pursuit of the mythical "cop killer" bullets. Sheeeesh!!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm pretty sure that can't happen. It would have to go back to the House if the Senate modifies it, right? They're running out of time.

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Also worth noting, if they mandate only shells loaded with lead... then that kills the entire waterfowl hunting tradition in Maryland. Duck/Goose hunters use steel or tungsten (even bismuth) pellets. Lead has been banned since 1991

All in pursuit of the mythical "cop killer" bullets. Sheeeesh!!

Someone should shoot off an e-mail to a friendly delegate about this and have them bring it up in order to exempt hunting activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom