• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Analyze. This is what Vallario handed out about an hour ago. I was on an iPhone and could not resend it until I got back to the office just now.

It's a ban, plus other gun control goodness. The newspapers don't have this. Well...I guess they will now.

This is the baseline for tomorrow. We still got amendments to offer. This is not guaranteed to pass.

Attachments

• 2013-0328-SB281_SecondMarkupDraft.pdf
      3.4 MB · Views: 1,534

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Patrick - Do we have anyone that is listening and willing to put forth amendments we suggest? Just curious as there are a lot more of us that will be picking this thing apart that can feed input to the select few delegates that are far in our court. Also, is there a limit to the amendments (not knowing the ins and outs of the process) can they cut off the hearing of amendments at any time? Another curiosity as to whether 100 changes can be suggested and only two heard before they call it.
    thanks again for everything you have and are doing to further our fight.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Analyze. This is what Vallario handed out about an hour ago. I was on an iPhone and could not resend it until I got back to the office just now.

It's a ban, plus other gun control goodness. The newspapers don't have this. Well...I guess they will now.

This is the baseline for tomorrow. We still got amendments to offer. This is not guaranteed to pass.

That never sounds good. :sad20::tdown:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Patrick - Do we have anyone that is listening and willing to put forth amendments we suggest? Just curious as there are a lot more of us that will be picking this thing apart that can feed input to the select few delegates that are far in our court. Also, is there a limit to the amendments (not knowing the ins and outs of the process) can they cut off the hearing of amendments at any time? Another curiosity as to whether 100 changes can be suggested and only two heard before they call it.
    thanks again for everything you have and are doing to further our fight.
    A lot of amendments coming. The chances they pass is directly proportional to how hard we push in the next 24 hours.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    My quickish read:

Tossing in SB 420 to this bill, the possession of coated ammo while committing a crime bill.

OAL shortened from 30" to 29". I don't know how important that is. What's a standard AR length?

Semi auto shotguns with folding stocks are still verboten. They drop telescoping stocks, though. Still crap and needs to go.

The record keeping requirement bill is tossed in here as well. We've fought that for years. Runs afoul of federal law.

Also the "Sandy Abrams" bill is in here.

Confirmed that someone who owns a regulated firearm is exempt from training. However, a course as described currently doesn't exist.

Fingerprinting lives on...

Fee back up to $50 from $25.

That mental health shuffling is crazy. I can't even attempt to wrap my head around that at the moment. Pages upon pages struck with new pages added. Holy hell.

Now required to register regulated arms within 90 days if moving in from another state and trying to establish residency! Page 47.

The bill requiring dealers to inform of our duty to report lost/stolen thrown in here.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My quickish read:

Tossing in SB 420 to this bill, the possession of coated ammo while committing a crime bill.

OAL shortened from 30" to 29". I don't know how important that is. What's a standard AR length?

Semi auto shotguns with folding stocks are still verboten. They drop telescoping stocks, though. Still crap and needs to go.

The record keeping requirement bill is tossed in here as well. We've fought that for years. Runs afoul of federal law.

Also the "Sandy Abrams" bill is in here.

Confirmed that someone who owns a regulated firearm is exempt from training. However, a course as described currently doesn't exist.

Fingerprinting lives on...

Fee back up to $50 from $25.

That mental health shuffling is crazy. I can't even attempt to wrap my head around that at the moment. Pages upon pages struck with new pages added. Holy hell.

Now required to register regulated arms within 90 days if moving in from another state and trying to establish residency! Page 47.

The bill requiring dealers to inform of our duty to report lost/stolen thrown in here.

The 29" limit likely kills guns like the PS90, AU&, Favor, FAMAS, and FS2000

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Feature test has been gutted. Telescoping stocks, pistol grip and VFG removed.

Basically ony flash suppressor, grenade launcher and folding stock are the only ones that remain.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My quickish read:

p 22 line 17 there is some stuff in here about a substitute class, in here about a course offered by the natural resources under 10-301.1 instead of the safety training course? is that the hunter safety curse that now qualifies as safety training?

There is some language at the end (p 48 line 13) about the state police investigating the illegal transfers as well.

Mr H

Banana'd
    OK...

Looks like tossed salad to me.

By that, I mean that they appear to be having a go with everything at once, and not really looking to make it more than lip service to the work everyone has done lo these many weeks.

It is, IMO, worse in some ways than the original 281 (now including coated bullets, no consignment option for some--now must sell or relinquish, and incorporation of a huge chunk of mental health language).

A lot of our original issues are still there (I know no one gets everything they want, but I see some things we thought would be 'out').

If there is a bright side here, well..........

I do see one but I don't know whether to post it in open forum.

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    So they remove most of the features test but still ban certain guns by name? Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom