• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    What if a gay person wanted to support his 2A rights and came on this forum and saw all the homophobic comments? It has a chilling effect that we will most likely never be able to gauge. If you must, I support your 1A rights.

We have several openly homosexual members here. They must have a good sense of humor because they tolerate our sometimes juvenile humor.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The goal is to remove one Senator or Delegate for their vote. Removing even one will send rippels.

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    Cmoney, stop saying "you guys."

Everyone lost. On March 1st, 1307 people told our representatives we don't want this bill. 32 supported it. Those 1307 tax paying citizens were from all walks of life, all religions, all colors, all nationalities, all sexual persuasions and all economic means. If you haven't seen it yet, read the poll conducted by Susquehanna Polling here: Opinion Poll

4,000+ people told our Senators, 1307 told the House and the majority of those polled all said this bill is no good. Our elected representatives told us they don't care.

Today it is about guns and next Tuesday it will still be about guns. We haven't lost anything yet. No laws have been enacted and nothing has been taken away. That hand-picked committee is made up a selection of delegates the Speaker of the House assembled to do just what they did, get the bill out of committee. We knew the cards were stacked against us, but now the rest of our representatives get their say next week. While we are trying to get them to do what we want, MOM is standing behind them with a big stick, threatening those who oppose him and offering incentives for their support. Those who say yes to SB281 are doing what is best for their own political career and neglecting their duty to serve the people who empower them.

If any version of this bill passes, it will be a tragedy. But even if it doesn't pass, we must put new people in Annapolis who are not willing to compromise our freedom for their personal gain. I and others met with co-chair Dummass on Wednesday. Despite our comments, her excuse for supporting this bill was that "sometimes politics just get in the way" of doing what is right.

In its current form, this bill says we get to keep ALL of our guns and all of our magazines. EVERYTHING is grandfathered. But left in office to keep ignoring us to play politics, those supporting this bill will next want to give police the power take all the guns this bill lets us keep. Then they will take away our right keep any guns. Ignoring the 2nd amendment is the first step toward a tyrannical government.

We all just witnessed what happens when a government refuses to serve the people who empower them. We all lost and will continue to lose if "the people" don't do something to fix this.

That's what you're fighting for. So STOP saying "you guys."

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    My Mrs has a not widely known medical condition. I asked her how the support org goes about fundraising. I know they have a conference, raffles, etc.

She said they raised more money from donations from patients and testing equipment manufacturers in the past 6 years than was allocated to research in the prior 50 years.

I don't know if major players in hardware can give MSI a shot in the arm. I would be willing to attend a $25/plate spaghetti dinner to raise $$. I would be willing to put extra items in a special fundraising For Sale thread with the proceeds going to MSI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom