• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    What is the goal? Vote out the individuals who supported this bill? Ok, so what, how does that help? Is the suggestion that we can vote them out, vote enough pro 2A people in, and repeal the bill?

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I still dont believe theres enough pro gun ppl in md to do that.

Best plan, move out of MD, let it fall apart. If the only ppl left are unwilling to work, welfare dependant, illegals, etc, md will go broke and cave in on itself. They still wont recgonize why it happened. Loosing the hundreds of thousands of jobs the firearms industry has here hasnt affected the retards.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The idea is vote them out to teach them a lesson; to listen to their constituents, not the governor. Whether the next batch are pro-2A isn't as important as whether they will listen to the people or not.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    My concern is that if their replacement also votes on party lines we have the same result.

They just might think twice, knowing that we the people voted out the previous batch.

This is only round one, and for sure there will be many more 2A laws coming down the pipe.

L-N-L

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover
    My concern is that if their replacement also votes on party lines we have the same result.

A freshman anti-gunner is better than an incumbent anti-gunner.

Plus noone wants to be unemployed... Maybe I should say these weasels want to stay in power. If they know they were voted out cuz of their anti-2a stance the next ones in line may think twice.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    What is the goal? Vote out the individuals who supported this bill? Ok, so what, how does that help? Is the suggestion that we can vote them out, vote enough pro 2A people in, and repeal the bill?

Target weak demorcats and rinos. Be realistic and be strategic. Change the balance of power,

The real fight on this bill will be in the court.

Stay motivated, remember your anger and be ready to act when the time is right.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Take a look at who is vulnerable and where a pro gun democrat could succeed. don't accept their guy or their alternative.

We need to find candidates (or come up with our own) in those districts and support them. Knock on doors, talk to people. It's all in the ground game.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Best plan, move out of MD, let it fall apart. If the only ppl left are unwilling to work, welfare dependant, illegals, etc, md will go broke and cave in on itself. They still wont recgonize why it happened. Loosing the hundreds of thousands of jobs the firearms industry has here hasnt affected the retards.

No MD is a ward of the federal Government subsidised from without. We will need to fight the federal government as well. There is no place to run now. Start lobbying the congress. Support candidates in other states. All this must be done move or no move.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.

The only problem with this idea is that the metro D.C. area is mostly FEDERAL employee's or companies that WORK for the federal gov't. Everything in MoCo, PG, HOWARD, and more surrounding counties have a majority of SOME kind of business related in SOME way to the federal gov't. I was born and raised here and have seen it all firsthand. We have a transient resident base. New POTUS, new residents.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    So 2014 has nothing to do with our actual liberty, its just about "punishing" the people who made SB 281 happen? Why is that worth my time/energy/money. That sounds like something spoiled children do.

I don't really care if they get voted out, the damage is already done.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    So 2014 has nothing to do with our actual liberty, its just about "punishing" the people who made SB 281 happen? Why is that worth my time/energy/money. That sounds like something spoiled children do.

If you're not interested in fighting for your rights, then why are you here?

joeyb34

Sep 16, 2008
    Baltimore County

These people want to do this as a career. If they are limited to single terms because of an anti gun stance they will eventually change to our side....it's human nature.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    The point is not to punish. I for one do not care enough about those people to care what happens to them.

The point is far more simple. Achieving more balance in the legislature.

Where were the 2A advocates in the city / suburban areas when property rights issues were in play? Where are the property rights advocates now that 2A is in play. The answer is "NO WHERE TO BE SEEN". And these are just two of a great many issues that span across personal liberties, economic issues, social issues, and so forth.

The same sort of legislator who will support 2A is the same person who will vote the right way on a host of other issues.

The 2A supporters that were once silent, at home with their family and generally going about the business of life, are now more aware. They need to remain so. They need to engage on not JUST 2A, but on a range of issues as they arise. They need to join forces with so many others, and remain engaged if MD is to be any sort of place where good people can build a good life, under the law as laid out in the Constitution.

This isn't about retribution. This is about going forward from today in far greater numbers that we have today, toward a goal that can be realized if we actually try.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Interesting ... Please don't 'help' us then :)

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    If you're not interested in fighting for your rights, then why are you here?

We don't have gun rights to fight for anymore.

2014 is not about guns, its about "teaching them a lesson". Voting them out in 2014 does not get anything restored to us. And I'm not a conservative so what is the reason for me to support the whole 2014 thing? This sounds to me like its just an attempt to channel the energy of those fighting for the 2A into electing conservatives, thats not my fight. My fight was the preservation of my ability to own guns, I lost that fight, and I'm not seeing how 2014 relates to it, other than as punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom