• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Interesting ... Please don't 'help' us then :)

You need to look at reality bro. He is onto something. It will be VERY hard to EVER get this bill repealed in MD. The only thing we can hope for is a future Supreme Court ruling IF we can't stop this from becoming law in the next week. It can't be allowed to pass

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We don't have gun rights to fight for anymore.

2014 is not about guns, its about "teaching them a lesson". Voting them out in 2014 does not get anything restored to us. And I'm not a conservative so what is the reason for me to support the whole 2014 thing? This sounds to me like its just an attempt to channel the energy of those fighting for the 2A into electing conservatives, thats not my fight. My fight was the preservation of my ability to own guns, I lost that fight, and I'm not seeing how 2014 relates to it, other than as punishment.

I did not lose. And you defeated yourself. Its ok if you are done. No hard feelings at all. really. But why are you trying to talk us out of continuing...

I promise I will not force you to help us. :)

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    I did not lose. And you defeated yourself. Its ok if you are done. No hard feelings at all. really. But why are you trying to talk us out of continuing...

I promise I will not force you to help us. :)

I'm just trying to see if there is anything in this whole 2014 for me to support. I'm presenting the way it looks to me, and you all are seeming to confirm it. Its not about guns, its about pay back. Well pay back doesn't help me with my guns, does it?

I think this 2014 thing is us loosing sight of what we're supposed to be doing.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013

2014 is not about guns, its about "teaching them a lesson". Voting them out in 2014 does not get anything restored to us. And I'm not a conservative so what is the reason for me to support the whole 2014 thing? This sounds to me like its just an attempt to channel the energy of those fighting for the 2A into electing conservatives, thats not my fight. My fight was the preservation of my ability to own guns, I lost that fight, and I'm not seeing how 2014 relates to it, other than as punishment.

Help me out here. I am seriously curious about just what "conservatives" stand for that you are against. 2A advocates tend to be among the most conservative among conservatives. Yet you seem to be different? I'd like to understand.

Are you for high taxes and ever higher debt to support social programs like welfare and paying for someone else's healthcare? There are many "conservatives" that are also pro-choice. Just what is it on the conservative side you do not like? I am not trying to be cute or agumentative.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    You need to look at reality bro. He is onto something. It will be VERY hard to EVER get this bill repealed in MD. The only thing we can hope for is a future Supreme Court ruling IF we can't stop this from becoming law in the next week. It can't be allowed to pass

This is not new information..

If all you care about is your guns, you should move. You should have done it long before now.

We all knew that the court was our only hope, many here said so. How about the rest of the constitution? let that go as well?

No one will force you to stay and fight. But if you stay how can you not fight?

Year round fight.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    This is not new information..

If all you care about is your guns, you should move. You should have done it long before now.

We all knew that the court was our only hope, many here said so. How about the rest of the constitution? let that go as well?

No one will force you to stay and fight. But if you stay how can you not fight?

Year round fight.

I live in VA. Born & raised in Baltimore Co. Im doing what I can from across the river....

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I'm just trying to see if there is anything in this whole 2014 for me to support. I'm presenting the way it looks to me, and you all are seeming to confirm it. Its not about guns, its about pay back. Well pay back doesn't help me with my guns, does it?

The Dems have expressed that they will further infringe on your 2A rights. To prevent further erosion, we need to work on whose bottom will be in the chair when bills are voted. There are more battles after this one.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.

YOU haven't LOST anything YET!!! I wish people would stop seeing this SINGLE vote as THE END!!! We MAY lose in the House, but last night was only the first vote. It was one vote in committee. It has 2 more hurdles to overcome and can be done in the House. I hope. It's not about the "battle", it's about the "war". After last night I can understand how you feel, but it's not over yet. Far from it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

For most here guns is only one issue. I prefer the Constitution un redacted in all its glory.

It is not a Chinese menu.

If i were closer to death, having no children and no prospects, i might hang it up. If this is how you feel then I will not fault you. We each do reach our limit.. I have not reached mine and I will fight on.

Year round fight.

Freedom is my Birthright.
    I will not yield it.
    I will make my fellow citizens claim there birthright of freedom
    This I swear.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Help me out here. I am seriously curious about just what "conservatives" stand for that you are against. 2A advocates tend to be among the most conservative among conservatives. Yet you seem to be different? I'd like to understand.

Are you for high taxes and ever higher debt to support social programs like welfare and paying for someone else's healthcare? There are many "conservatives" that are also pro-choice. Just what is it on the conservative side you do not like? I am not trying to be cute or agumentative.

I am not "for higher taxes", I think taxes in this state are way to high, but I probably feel that way because I get no benefit from my taxes (aside from roads, I guess, but the roads aren't even well kept). I would be willing to pay the kind of taxes I am paying right now if we had things like universal healthcare and higher education. But we don't, so I'm not about to call for those things, as it would gut my paycheck, instead, my tax money is used on god knows what, cause we're certainly not seeing it here on the shore. And furthermore, its about to get a hell of a lot worse here when LWRC moves.

I like gay people, I think abortion is good, I live in the ghetto, I distrust and don't talk to the police, I am "working poor" (I make $266 a week at a full time job, well, I did, I think I lost my job yesterday), I don't have health insurance, I am not a christian, I don't care about how you came into this country.

There is no real appeal in conservativism to me. Aside from maybe lower taxes and their position on guns. But I'm not even necessarily "for" lower taxes, I only want them lower since apparently the legislature can't actually use those funds in ways that really help the public.

This kind of stuff is why you guys are loosing. I turn 25 next month, I have been employed since I was 17, I might be of mixed ethnic heritage but I generally see myself as/am seen as white, I am from a relatively rural/suburban area, I used to be the social base for conservatives, but it has no appeal to me anymore, nor to most people in my peer group (including the other gun owners). The few who are still inclined towards conservative positions usually find themselves as Libertarians. (and I could never agree with their economic policies)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I am not "for higher taxes", I think taxes in this state are way to high, but I probably feel that way because I get no benefit from my taxes (aside from roads, I guess, but the roads aren't even well kept). I would be willing to pay the kind of taxes I am paying right now if we had things like universal healthcare and higher education. But we don't, so I'm not about to call for those things, as it would gut my paycheck, instead, my tax money is used on god knows what, cause we're certainly not seeing it here on the shore. And furthermore, its about to get a hell of a lot worse here when LWRC moves.

I like gay people, I think abortion is good, I live in the ghetto, I distrust and don't talk to the police, I am "working poor" (I make $266 a week at a full time job, well, I did, I think I lost my job yesterday), I don't have health insurance, I am not a christian, I don't care about how you came into this country.

There is no real appeal in conservativism to me. Aside from maybe lower taxes and their position on guns. But I'm not even necessarily "for" lower taxes, I only want them lower since apparently the legislature can't actually use those funds in ways that really help the public.

This kind of stuff is why you guys are loosing. I turn 25 next month, I have been employed since I was 17, I might be of mixed ethnic heritage but I generally see myself as/am seen as white, I am from a relatively rural/suburban area, I used to be the social base for conservatives, but it has no appeal to me anymore, nor to most people in my peer group (including the other gun owners). The few who are still inclined towards conservative positions usually find themselves as Libertarians. (and I could never agree with their economic policies)

Ah. Well then you should not support what you do not believe in, and accept the coming restrictions on liberty. You have that right.

I will continue on.

338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    I am in it for the long haul.We need to find those new candidates that will stand behind the Constitution in all districts on MD.Now is the time to get thier names out ,not a week before Nov.7..

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Ah. Well then you should not support what you do not believe in, and accept the coming restrictions on liberty. You have that right.

I will continue on.

I should accept restrictions on my liberty because I don't want to restrict the liberty of others? Because I don't think lines drawn on a map are sacred, because I don't believe the bible is a suitable way to govern a country?

That sort of thinking is why we're in this position.

If you believe in liberty why don't you believe in free movement of people? Why don't you believe in gay marriage? Liberty means people get to do things that upset you as long as they're not hurting you.

You know who need guns? Abortion doctors and gay people. You know why? Crazy right wingers target them. (note, not all right wingers, just crazy ones, which is not a veiled insult to anybody here) But you guys can't figure out how to make connections with these important demographics.

I've said a thousand times, guns are not a left/right issue, they are an issue of liberty, and there are people on both sides who love liberty, and people on both sides who hate it.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member

Another one ready to board the FSA train and look for the government to provide a solution for everything. I bet you also voted for the people making SB281 happen. Thanks a lot, but please don't help.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Another one ready to board the FSA train and look for the government to provide a solution for everything. I bet you also voted for the people making SB281 happen. Thanks a lot, but please don't help.

:sad20: See why you guys are loosing? This is how you treat somebody who went to Anapolis, called representatives, wrote letters, talked to others.

And not that I think I owe it to you, but no, I have never voted for a democrat in my life. Nor taken a handout.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I should accept restrictions on my liberty because I don't want to restrict the liberty of others? Because I don't think lines drawn on a map are sacred, because I don't believe the bible is a suitable way to govern a country?

That sort of thinking is why we're in this position.

If you believe in liberty why don't you believe in free movement of people? Why don't you believe in gay marriage? Liberty means people get to do things that upset you as long as they're not hurting you.

You know who need guns? Abortion doctors and gay people. You know why? Crazy right wingers target them. (note, not all right wingers, just crazy ones, which is not a veiled insult to anybody here) But you guys can't figure out how to make connections with these important demographics.

I've said a thousand times, guns are not a left/right issue, they are an issue of liberty, and there are people on both sides who love liberty, and people on both sides who hate it.

You are confused about Republicans. You are confused about the true agenda of the left and the right, but i am ok with that.

You are free to make a choice. I do not think less of you. I do think you need to accept the consequences of that choice which will include further restrictions on your liberty. If you think I am wrong then there is no conflict, and you should accept the passage of SB281 as a cost of doing business.

I bear you no ill will. I just am not going to change my mind on the issue or how to proceed.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Thank you CMoney.

I don't believe in check box politics, where if you believe in A, B, and C then you are (fill in the political party box here).

But having said that, you do sound more Libertarian in your views than liberal Dem.

In my personal opinion, Libertarians are closer to what many conservative Republicans believe than is the official Rep party. Now that 2A has opened your mind a bit, keep it open as to what it is you really do stand for. Test and question yourself. It is worth doing.

There is a very old saying: "If you are young and not liberal you have no heart. If you are older and not conservative you have no brain." Be willing to migrate as your views mature.

MANY of us just want an intrusive government out of our lives. Tax us for the basics, but otherwise just get out of our lives and homes.

I have kids your age. Please do not be offended by some fatherly advice. LWRC is a good company, so if you work there be happy. If they move, consider moving. Either with them, or elsewhere. You simply have to go where you can get good work, build a career around which you can build a good life. There is no reason to remain in a location where the odds of poverty are high. You are young enough to pick up and go to a more favorable place to work and live. Do it while you are young. Every one of us had an ancestor who did it too. Be bold.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    :sad20: See why you guys are loosing? This is how you treat somebody who went to Anapolis, called representatives, wrote letters, talked to others.

And not that I think I owe it to you, but no, I have never voted for a democrat in my life. Nor taken a handout.

Never taken a handout except that you advocate for state run healthcare and school tuition paid for by your neighbors.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    You are confused about Republicans. You are confused about the true agenda of the left and the right, but i am ok with that.

You are free to make a choice. I do not think less of you. I do think you need to accept the consequences of that choice which will include further restrictions on your liberty. If you think I am wrong then there is no conflict, and you should accept the passage of SB281 as a cost of doing business.

I bear you no ill will. I just am not going to change my mind on the issue or how to proceed.

On what issues am I confused about republicans?

I also resent the implication that just because I am against republicans (as they have come to express themselves over the past 30 or so years, seemingly) that I am for democrats. That's a false dichotomy, there is more to politics than being a republican/democrat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom