• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The top four sellers are the 365 , Hellcat , G43X , and Shield ( random order , actual sales vary each week depending upon how many of each the LGS can actually get from their distributors) and none of them suck . Fondle , dry fire , and preferably test fire as many of those as you can .

As to which variant of each , it's a slippery slope . More or less . the bigger they grow , the better normal sized adult humans can shoot them , but the more challenging to actually pocket carry .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I've been out of the new handgun game for sometime, as I'm one of the bitter HQL holdouts.

Likewise . And my pre '13 polymer subcompact 9mm is reasonably acceptable , so the box is check marked .

That said , a while after test driving a Shield , I gave Littlefoot44 one for Christmas .

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Stay away from all the 365 models. They are too small to print properly. They are boring in their reliability. And they take away all the fun of not knowing where your round is going to land.

You should get something interesting, unpredictable, and comically large.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Stay away from all the 365 models. They are too small to print properly. They are boring in their reliability. And they take away all the fun of not knowing where your round is going to land.

:lol: :rofl:

Terps

Apr 26, 2020

Thread winner right there....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm seriously considering a p365. I currently don't have a small very carry friendly 9mm. The P365 keeps coming to the top of the list when I'm digging around. I've held it numerous times at my LGS and with the extended pinky mag I can get a decent grip on the tiny frame. In anyone's experience is the P365 an easy "good buy" for those that can fit this tiny gun in their hands?

My current size 9mm is a G48, not a large frame by any means, but it is larger than the P365.

Thoughts?
    I prefer the grip/magwell angle on the G48 better than the P365x

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD

I could say the same about any of the 5 sigs I own except for the printing part...the 220 shows!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've got big hands and carry the plain Jane vanilla original P365. Sometimes with the standard 10 round flush mag, sometimes with the 12 round pinky-favoring larger mag. Sometimes with the optic-milled slide and a Romeo RDS. Untold hundreds of rounds through it, nary a problem. The tiny form factor is a delight to carry, hides well, and just works. I have no problem establishing and keeping a good grip on it even in its most minimal configuration. Highly recommended.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I've got big hands and carry the plain Jane vanilla original P365. Sometimes with the standard 10 round flush mag, sometimes with the 12 round pinky-favoring larger mag. Sometimes with the optic-milled slide and a Romeo RDS. Untold hundreds of rounds through it, nary a problem. The tiny form factor is a delight to carry, hides well, and just works. I have no problem establishing and keeping a good grip on it even in its most minimal configuration. Highly recommended.
    But do you really feel like a man?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    But do you really feel like a man?

You know, I love me a nice beefy duty-sized pistol. Say, a CZ75. But this little SIG makes the same holes with the same ammo, and it's like it's not even there when I'm carrying. It's an amazing piece of work, and I feel DOUBLE manly appreciating that! Anyway, I've just opened a bottle of Prosecco to go with our tuna-on-almond-cracker tweezer food, so I have to move along now.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    I can't help you. I bought a regular P365 when I moved to Florida and got my carry permit. Easiest handgun to shoot I've ever used. I like the size for whatever carry I'm using. Haven't had any problems/issues to date (about 3 years).

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    You know, I love me a nice beefy duty-sized pistol. Say, a CZ75. But this little SIG makes the same holes with the same ammo, and it's like it's not even there when I'm carrying. It's an amazing piece of work, and I feel DOUBLE manly appreciating that! Anyway, I've just opened a bottle of Prosecco to go with our tuna-on-almond-cracker tweezer food, so I have to move along now.
    I've got the original P365. Really impressive.

PewPewdiepie

Aug 5, 2022
    Annapolis
    I built a custom P365 hybrid. A custom compd XL slide from Fedzworx and a Wilson p365 grip with larger pinky extensions on the mags. Also a holosun 407c and a TLR 7 sub light. Paired with Sig hollow points it’s a pretty sweet carry weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom