• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    OP don't go to Engage and buy the 365XL that they have.................never mind I bought it today.
    I just saved you some money, you're welcome.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I recently bought an XL and so far I love it. Had it out a couple times and it shoots great.
    I plan on it being ny primary carry gun whenever my permit comes through. I do think I'll heed
    Blaster's advice and change out the mag release. My first Sig, so far!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    * For Me * there is actual a gap , where particular guns are useless to me . i.e. Too big fit in my pocket , but so small , to be a difficult to shoot well belt gun . For other people the exact same gun may well be the cat's pajamas for them

md77

Aug 17, 2022
    MoCo
    I have been carrying the 365SAS for a year or so, and am thinking of getting rid of it. Of course that is because I desperately need the new Macro. Ok, just typed that in case my wife was screen reading. I am keeping the SAS and getting a Macro as well. We qualify with our off-duty pistols out to 25 and I have had no issues with the SAS, of course I don't have huge mitts so YMMV.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Everyone keeps saying 365XL, macro, yada yada but this man already has a G48. Sure, he's getting a few more rounds capacity but it's not a "smaller" gun.

A regular P365 isn't THAT much smaller then a G48. Can you pocket carry it? Mmmm sure, kind of big for that role in my opinion.

If you already have a G48 I see no need for a 365 unless you're looking for the capacity and playing with modularity. If you want a pocket gun, I highly recommend a Ruger LCP Max.

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I own and carry a standard 365 with 12 round mags. The 10 rounder’s that came with it were sold because they were too small. I would like to try a flat trigger but the curved one works well. I carry with a iwb We The People Holster pretty much from the time I get dressed till bedtime.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I don't understand the BIG 365's. Buy a 365 or a 320, no halfway in either direction
    The 'BIG' P365X is the same length, same width and only .5" taller than a standard P365, which to me, made all the difference in the world regarding fitting my hand. Only half of my pinky touched the regular 365 grip/mag combo.

I did draw the line at the 'XL' which is both .5" taller and .6" longer than a P365.

Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    Everyone keeps saying 365XL, macro, yada yada but this man already has a G48. Sure, he's getting a few more rounds capacity but it's not a "smaller" gun.

A regular P365 isn't THAT much smaller then a G48. Can you pocket carry it? Mmmm sure, kind of big for that role in my opinion.

If you already have a G48 I see no need for a 365 unless you're looking for the capacity and playing with modularity. If you want a pocket gun, I highly recommend a Ruger LCP Max.
    This is my personal debate in my head. I've actually held these two side by side and the P365, while measuring only slightly smaller, really FEELS smaller. I am worried that is is a bit frivolous considering I have the G48.

One final thought is that I do like the idea of the manual safety on the P365 as an option. Just one extra precaution from punching a hole in my leg or floor. That alone my be my best justification over my G48 (Which I will still keep), that gun just runs well and is accurate enough for me to feel decent about it.

Ssblugsr

Feb 25, 2019
    Maybe it’s just me, but I felt both the P365 and the Hellcat, and the hellcat felt better to me. Grip angle seemed more ergonomic. Hellcat > P365

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    The 'BIG' P365X is the same length, same width and only .5" taller than a standard P365, which to me, made all the difference in the world regarding fitting my hand. Only half of my pinky touched the regular 365 grip/mag combo.

I did draw the line at the 'XL' which is both .5" taller and .6" longer than a P365.
    I agree with all of this, but l’d add that the 365X also includes the beaver tail on the grip (from the XL version). The pinky support plus that beaver tail support (on the web of muscle connecting the thumb to the index finger) makes the X fit my hand much better.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    OK, I'll talk you out of it:

Get the P365X. Same length barrel/slide as the P365. The longer grip makes it feel more stable, the 12 round mag is flush fit and it's really about the same finished length as the P365 with the pinky-supporting magazine in it. Handle them both. Several of the guys here that started with a straight P365 went to the longer 'X/XL' grip frame by Wilson Combat and rave about how much better it feels.

I still don't understand the rationale behind getting the P365X vs the P365 with the pinky extension mags. Seems like grip should be the same and you are losing some versatility to make the gun smaller if needed while maybe gaining slightly easier mag changes?

To the OP: P365 is a fantastic gun. My buddy who is a diehard glock fan has let all his glocks collect dust in the safe since buying a P365. He has 3 of them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom