• SR9

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I think this poll is a clear statement of the M&P over the SR9

I'm not looking to buy either Unless its a police trade in but I was wondering b/c both 9mm are somewhat similar and want to compare the two of them.

thx!

onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD

Attachments

• 209330_01_lg.jpg
      209330_01_lg.jpg
      34.4 KB · Views: 300

Simms65

Oct 24, 2007
    Inwood, WV
    I own the Ruger, love it to death. There isn't as much market penetration, but I'm of the opinion it is every bit the equal of the Smith. You need to handle, and if possible shoot both before you make your decision.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    M&P hands down. I have been using two of them for IDPA for the last two years and thousands of rounds, its the best pistol I have shot or owned. I even prefer it to my much more exspensive STI 1911. If you are military there is a $50 rebate through S&W available right now. It is also nice that there are nice trigger kits available and cheap mags if you decide you want more.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    I am very much enjoying my Ruger SR atm, but one negative feature is that it is a pain in the butt to dry fire. You have to pull back the slide about an inch to get the trigger to reset.

This may or may not be an issue for you, but I am finding that it is annoying as all get out to me personally, as it breaks the sight picture unnecessarily.

Gundahar

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I am very much enjoying my Ruger SR atm, but one negative feature is that it is a pain in the butt to dry fire. You have to pull back the slide about an inch to get the trigger to reset.

This may or may not be an issue for you, but I am finding that it is annoying as all get out to me personally, as it breaks the sight picture unnecessarily.

Gundahar

On a glock if you slip a piece of cardboard between the chamber and the slide, it will let the trigger reset. Maybe try that?

tjdreams

Dave
    Nov 28, 2008
    Rosedale
    My first pistol was a SR9. It fits my hand better than the M&P.
    And even though I am a loyal Ruger fan - My vote goes to the M&P9 its a better pistol in my opinion.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I voted for the SR9. Although I hate the loaded chamber indicator, it fits better in my hand and I am a total sucker for stainless steel.

EDIT: The M&P is probably a better pistol overall, but as a matter of personal preference the SR9 wins for me. Just clarifying.

Last edited:

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    On a glock if you slip a piece of cardboard between the chamber and the slide, it will let the trigger reset. Maybe try that?

I'll give that a whirl tonight. Good tip.

Gundahar

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    why so much hate on the sr9 ? i happen to like it alot fits me like a glove , havent manged to fire or even hold a m&p, im sure its a great gun but jeez so little love for a great american made handgun bewilders me, i suppose im one of the few outlaws on the forum thatll stand by the sr9 with my life which may mean jack to yall but means everything to me.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I went back and forth between the m&p and the xdm before making my decision. I truly enjoyed the m&p and still may buy one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom