• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    I agree, although very sad and I feel for the family of deceased..... either by suicide or ND this situation put others in danger, if you were there with your child and this happened, sympathy for that individual would be hard to find. Very wary when I am at the range.... have to be nowadays.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Ricochets are Not usually lethal. They are nothing more than movie magic.

Not usually is not the same thing as not ever.

In the early 90s there was a fatality at a USPSA match. A jacket ricocheted off a steel target and cut a spectator's juglar vein.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    I have no sympathy for the guy if he did it on purpose

killing yourself in a public place using something that can kill others by accident along with yourself

then leaving your bloody mess behind so some total stranger has to come in and clean it up shows no class or caring about anybody else

:sad20:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That was part of my point. Nothing yet has stated this was lethal. The dispatch I quoted said he was being transported. Also ricochets can do damage. I saw a guy take one to the leg at Continental once.

I find it hard to believe it was an actual ricochet and not back splash. There was an actual bullet removed from his leg?

sent from somewhere in the world.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Even to the family? Show some class.

Really? I doubt the family is spending much time reading this thread or forum.

If this was a suicide, I feel this; regardless of what one thinks of suicide, it's a PERSONAL act. When done publicly, especially when others could have been harmed, makes it open to any criticism and contempt. Suicidal people are depressed , not out of touch with reality. :sad20:

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND

If this was a suicide, I feel this; regardless of what one thinks of suicide, it's a PERSONAL act. When done publicly, especially when others could have been harmed, makes it open to any criticism and contempt. Suicidal people are depressed , not out of touch with reality. :sad20:

Well said... agree entirely:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Wonder no more.

UPDATE: (4:48 p.m.)—Police were called to a Bel Air gun range Monday after a man allegedly shot himself; he later died at the hospital, Harford County Sheriff's Office spokesman Edward Hopkins

Yep, but there's 2 ways to ( allegedly) shoot oneself; accidentally and intentionally. Police were ruling out homicide.

Need more hard facts....

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I am so sorry to hear...and that applies to everyone including the deceased, their family & friends, and those who had to witness what happened. While somewhat cynical, it seems to make an argument for legalization of human euthanasia for certain circumstances (i.e.: the fatal diseases that when end stage approaches with incredible suffering and suicide becomes very, very common). The places that people choose to take their life often results in substantial harm to others...while I feel very sorry for those with such great mental illness that they take their life, I also feel so, so sorry for those who have to witness things such as this, and the innocent people that are harmed by suicide/suicide attempts made by others. If I had children, one of my worst fears would be my child seeing something like that.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Trauma arrest means dead, if he was a viable pt he would have gone downtown.

Negative.

1) If he wasn't viable he wouldn't have been transported. EMS can pronounce trauma arrest on scene if there are no signs of life and the patient is in asystole. The fact that they transported the patient indicates this wasn't the case (EMS also can, with medical consult, terminate resuscitation in the field if the patient has no signs of life, is in a rhythm other than asystole, the closest trauma center is over 15 minutes away, and there has been no return of spontaneous circulation).

2) Patients in trauma arrest only have to go "downtown" (I'm assuming you mean to a trauma center, specifically the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center) if it is less than 15 minutes additional transport time than to the closest Emergency Department (it isn't, and the closest trauma center would have been Johns Hopkins - Bayview). Otherwise, they can go to closest receiving facility (in this case, Upper Chesapeake Medical Center).

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County

So...since the family is not watching/listening, common decency goes out the window? :crazy:

Wise up.

chris1205

Mar 25, 2013
    harford county
    This is where I shoot as well, my brother had just said to me last week, what if someone that is unstable decides to shoot everyone in the range? I did make me wonder, you wouldn't even know who the bad guy was once the shots start. I did just have my daughter with me about two weeks ago there too. Nothing against this range, it could have happened anywhere. It is concerning though.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    The sad thing is the trauma it can cause others at the range. At our last Women On Target Pistol Clinic I was coaching a lady who had been at a range where someone committed suicide. She was trying to get over her fear of being around firearms. I admired her decision to try and shoot again. She was was visibly upset at the sound of the shots next to us and of her own. By the end of the day she admitted it was a bit of trial.

It is one thing to see someone die from a illness or disease, but the effects of seeing one take their own life can trigger a gamut of questions and doubts within a person.

As some have already stated, suicide is a slefish act that has impact on any who knew the person , even if only briefly.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

So...since the family is not watching/listening, common decency goes out the window? :crazy:

Wise up.

One disturbing thing about this site is the number of people who place little or no value on human life.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    One disturbing thing about this site is the number of people who place little or no value on human life.

human life is way over rated - too easy to make

save it for the tree huggers that don't have time to have kids while those with a 60 IQ have 26 kids with 15 different woman but they are too dumb to get in the army

give the world time and you'll be tripping over people
    :lol2:

Attachments

• 400px-World-Population-1800-2100.png
      400px-World-Population-1800-2100.png
      12 KB · Views: 243

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.

Wise up.

Please don't lecture on common decency.....It's pretty damn obvious this guy didn't have the common decency to blow his brains out in private and not affect countless other peoples lives.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Nov 14, 2010
    Kingsville, MD

Wise up.

For some reason your comments have really irked me tonight. I'm pretty sure you are the same person that was on your soapbox the last time this happened not too long ago. Why should we show any kind of respect or decency for some one who didn't have any for himself, the other shooters that were there and anyone else that was traumatized by witnessing it, the business that had to shut down and lose revenue, the police officers and medics that wasted their time and our tax money on, the people that had to clean up the grey matter, all md gun enthusiasts, or that person's family, friends or dependents that are having to deal with this. So please spare me the holier than thou attitude because no fvcks should be given to anyone that is selfish enough to do something like that, especially doing it the way he did it. If you're going to off yourself why are you going to make it effect so many other people. That is all. :sad20:

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    Please don't lecture on common decency.....It's pretty damn obvious this guy didn't have the common decency to blow his brains out in private and not affect countless other peoples lives.
    No lecturing intended...I just thought the posting was inappropriate.

Just my $0.02...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom