• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    Wonder no more.

UPDATE: (4:48 p.m.)—Police were called to a Bel Air gun range Monday after a man allegedly shot himself; he later died at the hospital, Harford County Sheriff's Office spokesman Edward Hopkins

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Wonder no more.

UPDATE: (4:48 p.m.)—Police were called to a Bel Air gun range Monday after a man allegedly shot himself; he later died at the hospital, Harford County Sheriff's Office spokesman Edward Hopkins

Not trying to be argumentative, but it still could be accidental and not intentional.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I know you guys want to be optimistic but i honestly can't picture how this could possibly be anything other than a suicide. Has anyone posting in this thread ever accidently muzzle swept their head while at the range? Looked down the barrel of a loaded gun?

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    hey - I know of people who put a towel under their wrists as they were in the tub so they wouldn't bleed all over the place

now that's considerate

now if you're going to blow your brains out - do it oustide - somewhere in the woods - the animals and rain will clean up the mess

I am a big believer in helium gas - nice and not messy

some people just don't care and other people have to clean up the mess
    very inconsiderate
    :envy:

e40bib

Feb 13, 2011
    Priority one transport to UC would suggest he was not DOA, so he may have survived. May not have been a suicide attempt. Could be an accident or a ricochet. Lets wait until there is an official statement.

Trauma arrest means dead, if he was a viable pt he would have gone downtown.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I know you guys want to be optimistic but i honestly can't picture how this could possibly be anything other than a suicide. Has anyone posting in this thread ever accidently muzzle swept their head while at the range? Looked down the barrel of a loaded gun?

I took a guy shooting one time to an indoor range. He was a pretty awful shot. Out of frustration he looked down the end of the barrel as if there was something wrong with the gun. That's the last time I took him shooting. So yes I could see a guy like my friend accidently blowing his brains out.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Well, as is typical of many on this forum, an incident with very little facts is reported here then all sorts of speculation is created from it. Never did understand why someone feels the need to start a thread based on next to nothing--why not wait till more FACTS are known or is speculation and rumors really what we like to deal with here?

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

Ummm....yeah. Never saw the lands and grooves, but close enough to have killed me.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    hey - I know of people who put a towel under their wrists as they were in the tub so they wouldn't bleed all over the place

now that's considerate

now if you're going to blow your brains out - do it oustide - somewhere in the woods - the animals and rain will clean up the mess

I am a big believer in helium gas - nice and not messy

some people just don't care and other people have to clean up the mess
    very inconsiderate
    :envy:

Me too, but record your suicide goodbye before you inhale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom