• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    By far the simplest way locally is a local-ish auction house that has a good online presence and reputation like

russumsfurniture.hibid.com​

They sell estate firearms collections almost every week.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If you just want to know fair pricing, then you have a tremendous amount of work sorting through COMPLETED auctions on sites like gunbroker.com. You must search through each item to find a nearly identical condition firearm, that actually had numerous bids not zero asking price auctions, but actual auctions with 10 or more bids. This is a lot of tedious work.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    May be a bit of a drive for the OP, but depending on just how vast of a collection - Perrin/Mdeng has been good people when dealing with estates/collections that need to be liquidated - we've handled in excess of 700 firearms from just one estate. If you're willing to make the hike, he'd give you fair assessments and values.

Consignment would be the best return, but if they need to go quickly - don't expect most dealers/shops to offer more than 30/40% of the actual value (we gotta make our money too). Consignment nets 80% of the agreed upon value.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Screenshot_20230815-152955~2.png

erobertson55

Mar 2, 2016
    Maryland
    Hello. New here. I was left a gun collection and are seeking a good website to ascertain fair market values. New, old and very old pistols, revolvers, shotguns, rifles, muskets. Most not my cup of tea. It all has to go. However, I need to establish what is a fair price. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    scott's gunsmithing in Glen Burnie 410-761-9815, honest and reliable shop

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    As others have mentioned, the best bet is to take a look at GunBroker completed auctions. I would not consign firearms these days, it's too easy to put them on GunBroker. The one exception would be if you have no GB record...I've gotten scammed by a fraudulent seller, and most potential buyers would be wary.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    He's asking to learn the values. Who here is willing to pay what he could get on Gunbroker or at Russums?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    May be a bit of a drive for the OP, but depending on just how vast of a collection - Perrin/Mdeng has been good people when dealing with estates/collections that need to be liquidated - we've handled in excess of 700 firearms from just one estate. If you're willing to make the hike, he'd give you fair assessments and values.

Consignment would be the best return, but if they need to go quickly - don't expect most dealers/shops to offer more than 30/40% of the actual value (we gotta make our money too). Consignment nets 80% of the agreed upon value.
    I was just going to suggest you guys!

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Alderferauction.com is pretty good except it's a hike up to PA from here... I've bought stuff from there and they're pretty professional

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom