• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I would say something AND if I were you, I would NEVER set foot in there again! You really should (if you truly are concerned about MDS member’s safety), post the store’s name and location here on MDS (because if you DON’T, you’re just telling stories and don’t really care about any of the membership…)

ETA: AND let them know that you have your permit, too.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Always A . Gun store or anywhere .

C would take lots of other things in addition to trigger .

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    He's joking
    I usually announce “Good morning (afternoon), I have my concealed carry permit and am carrying a (fill in the blank________, I am prepared to render armed intervention as needed if shenanigans ensue. My activation code word is (fill in the blank_________).” That lets them know you are trained and a serious player, ready to get in the game!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I whip out my badge.

7C7A47F0-2344-4094-A823-E064B306E157.jpeg

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I don't understand why anyone, especially a gun shop employee, wouldn't clear a firearm before handing it over to someone else. The simple rules of gun safety aren't really that hard to follow.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I see I'm the outlier, going with B, saying something, if I think the message will be properly received. I'll also implement C if the place doesn't get religion about gun safety fast.

I check immediately upon taking possession of a firearm, and just before relinquishing it, no matter what anyone else does. This may protect me and everyone else from the firearm I was just handed, but it does nothing about the guns being passed back and forth among others in the shop unless they, too, follow the safety rules.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    This is what happens when Rules 1-4 are violated. Happened to a friend when he was in a pawn shop. An employee had control of the firearm at the time.

He ended up losing his job (armed security) as a result. Fortunately the pawn shop's insurance paid out bigly over this and he had enough savings stashed away he can retire.

Attachments

• lh1.jpg
      lh1.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 75
    • lh2.jpg
      lh2.jpg
      62.6 KB · Views: 75
    • lh3.jpg
      lh3.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 79
    This is what happens when Rules 1-4 are violated. Happened to a friend when he was in a pawn shop. An employee had control of the firearm at the time.

He ended up losing his job (armed security) as a result. Fortunately the pawn shop's insurance paid out bigly over this and he had enough savings stashed away he can retire.
    Damn. Hope the guy wasn't a lefty, as that would have made it that much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom