• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    My 1943 Remington 03-A3 arrived in the mail on Friday and I was able to take it to the range today. Now I know why people love this gun so much. It is a joy to shoot.

i-NSX846d-L.jpg

i-SPx52jT-L.jpg

i-dmRgwMG-L.jpg

I also had some fun with the Star Super B I picked up from Lou on Friday.

i-WjrWcSz-L.jpg

i-DwLN5XB-L.jpg

I forgot to get photos of the targets, but they are excellent shooters.

Nice 03-A3. I picked one up off of GB a few months ago I am hoping to get it and a few other new rifles to the range soon.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Took the PU Mosin Sniper and Smith Corona 1903a3 to range this morning.
    I was testing some hunting rounds for them and both did not dissapoint.
    My normal reloads are suitable for hunting but wanted to make sure the sights are still set.
    I had set the sights on the PU Mosin a couple months ago at the 200 yard range and wanted to see where they were planting at 100 yards. Not that far off at all. First 2 shots were 1" apart and just 2" right. The scope on this Mosin has been a solid performer. Most impressive. The 1903a3 only needed a click of left and it was set to plant 2" groups at 100 yards.
    Here is a pic my dad took of me and the Mosin. Hmmm. I think I need to eat more salads.

Attachments

• Range20140916.jpeg
      Range20140916.jpeg
      72.5 KB · Views: 739

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Took the PU Mosin Sniper and Smith Corona 1903a3 to range this morning.
    I was testing some hunting rounds for them and both did not dissapoint.
    My normal reloads are suitable for hunting but wanted to make sure the sights are still set.
    I had set the sights on the PU Mosin a couple months ago at the 200 yard range and wanted to see where they were planting at 100 yards. Not that far off at all. First 2 shots were 1" apart and just 2" right. The scope on this Mosin has been a solid performer. Most impressive. The 1903a3 only needed a click of left and it was set to plant 2" groups at 100 yards.
    Here is a pic my dad took of me and the Mosin. Hmmm. I think I need to eat more salads.

Nice! I need to figure out the ins/outs of using the 200 yd range. I've wanted to take my HRA M1 Garand and Carl Gustafs CG-63 to see what I could do. They are slayers at the 100 yd range.

M1 Garand with Greek HXP:

ae6c1c8a526b7527ba566e9aa3d02a6e.jpg

CG-63 with Hornady 129 grain SST hand loads:

u2umu4yj1.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    RSO James refreshed me before I went over there one morning.
    RED FLAG onto the pipes in the grass in front of you during a cease fire Very important. There are some stands you can borrow down in the pits in the storage room. . RSOs can refresh you on the rules.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I rarely go on weekends. Mornings or lunch time. The times I've gone, I've been alone with my shooting buddy. Evenings on weekends are also often empty.
    Look for the targets like this. They have wide pipes along the top of the grass berm. There are some 14" wide pipes but not at all the shooting stations. Top one was with my Mosin when I was adjusting the sights for 200 yards. Bottom is my Inline Muzzleloader.

Attachments

• 200yrdstarget.JPG
      200yrdstarget.JPG
      70.7 KB · Views: 674

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I rarely go on weekends. Mornings or lunch time. The times I've gone, I've been alone with my shooting buddy. Evenings on weekends are also often empty.
    Look for the targets like this. They have wide pipes along the top of the grass berm. There are some 14" wide pipes but not at all the shooting stations. Top one was with my Mosin when I was adjusting the sights for 200 yards. Bottom is my Inline Muzzleloader.

Dang, that muzzleloader is looking good.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I had a slow day at work so I decided to play hooky and head to Marriottsville. I took my Spanish model 1943 short rifle and my Swedish CG – 63. I was a little worried about my Spanish Mauser because the last time I shot it, I used surplus ammo and I couldn't hit the side of a barn. I bought two boxes of PPU ammo and got a drastically different result.

Spanish Mauser at 50 yds

b321d4633151fa067e266ce5621990ec.jpg

CG-63 at100 yds.

1b58b26588f0346d942b514c3b8ca8d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Great shooting Abulg1972.

For the past couple of months I have been participating in a monthly C&R postal shoot. It is interesting seeing how each rifle (and marksman) does with different C&R rifles. I'm curious if anyone would be interested in giving it a try here? If so I wouldn't mind setting one up for October on MDShooters. Here is a link to an example shoot from August so you can see how it works. http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=138788

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Great shooting Abulg1972.

For the past couple of months I have been participating in a monthly C&R postal shoot. It is interesting seeing how each rifle (and marksman) does with different C&R rifles. I'm curious if anyone would be interested in giving it a try here? If so I wouldn't mind setting one up for October on MDShooters. Here is a link to an example shoot from August so you can see how it works. http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=138788

Thanks. The CG-63 always gets looks and questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I'm in, can I use my 1953 Model 70, it's C&R. 100 yard target:D

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpg
      IMG_2148.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 652
    • IMG_2166.jpg
      IMG_2166.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 656

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Yesterday

Attachments

• Curt's Shoot 011+2__-2_tonemapped_cyano 800.jpg
      Curt's Shoot 011+2__-2_tonemapped_cyano 800.jpg
      135.4 KB · Views: 521

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Had boys # 1 and #3 out today. #1 shot the SKS offhand @50 yards. I think the SKS is a great C&R for offhand shooting. Other than a 22, its cheap @ 25cents a round. He was loading from NCStar brand stripper clips and we found one of them that needs to be adjusted cause it jammed on him and me. The first clip that happened to me. Other than that, the SKS is one reliable SOB.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
      photo.JPG
      55.5 KB · Views: 485
    • photo(1).JPG
      photo(1).JPG
      64.6 KB · Views: 472
    • photo(2).JPG
      photo(2).JPG
      47.3 KB · Views: 490

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts