• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Superman

Jun 10, 2020
    Has anyone with a current, valid MD permit submitted the $10 application to have a (employment, etc.) restriction removed and are now in “accepted” state on the MSP portal? If so, when did you submit and when was it accepted? Thanks
    I paid for a modification on 6/28 and it was just accepted today. Not understanding why we need to talk to an investigator again but oh well. Glad to finally get accepted. 018xxx

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I paid for a modification on 6/28 and it was just accepted today. Not understanding why we need to talk to an investigator again but oh well. Glad to finally get accepted. 018xxx
    Thank you, why do you believe you need to speak with an investigator? It ...should... be a quick, rubber-stamp event to re-issue a clean permit.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    So either with a new permit or modification, have an in person interview?

Superman

Jun 10, 2020
    My email says I will be assigned an investigator. I wonder if I need to reach out to them. Or maybe it’s just a generic email that they send to everyone.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    My email says I will be assigned an investigator. I wonder if I need to reach out to them. Or maybe it’s just a generic email that they send to everyone.
    "Don't call us, we'll call you."

The email notice says that you will be contacted when an investigator is assigned to your application, like this:
    It is not necessary to contact the HGP section for a "status check" as you will automatically receive an email when your application is assigned to a background investigator.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Good point.

I’ve said it before here recently, any police officer in Maryland that actively denies a citizen their right to bear arms, especially in light of the Bruen ruling, can and should be sued into homelessness.

Whether that is the licensing division or just a state trooper pulling grandpa over for doing 75 in a 65 in the middle of nowhere, illegally searching grandpa and finding a pistol IWB……doesn’t matter.

The Bruen ruling takes precedent as the law of the land. Maryland is now shall issue OR Constitutional Carry, it has to pick.

I subscribe to many many many online gun forums, an enthusiast if you will. The general feeling and vibe of us that live in free states (the vast majority of the USA has very pro-gun CC laws…43 states) is to now completely ignore the Blue States CC laws when visiting/traveling through. Your life is worth more than their unconstitutional laws.

I feel that is what’s going to happen, concealed means concealed…..and people will just ignore MD and NY style laws when visiting those locales and still exercise their carry rights. These 7 states are the exception thankfully.
    You keep boasting about living in a free state. If it’s so free… WHY DOESN’T IT RECOGNIZE MARYLAND CCW PERMITS???

Maybe the time spent here, would be better spent cleaning up your own state, before going on and on about Marylanders with all kinds of negativity. Do the residents of your state not have sufficient T to get that job done?

And… please read the MDS rules, wherein it includes language which says not to promote violating laws.

Superman

Jun 10, 2020
    "Don't call us, we'll call you."

The email notice says that you will be contacted when an investigator is assigned to your application, like this:
    I'm aware of that. I wouldn't be reaching out regarding MY application. I would just be asking a general question about the modification process. (see previous posts).

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Submitted 7/5 and got the accepted email this morning. I started the application a few days after the decision came down from the court. My number was in the 18000's.

BigO

gotta practice more
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 15, 2012
    Back in Carroll Co.
    Thanks Squaregrouper and all. Got my application in yesterday. Your post that kicked off this string was a big help for this 1st timer.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Ok so the next question is will the investigator be from the barracks in your county, and if so do you think it will make a difference in the timeframe of approvals? Since the less populated counties will probably have less applicants than counties nearer the cities making less of a caseload for each investigator.
    If I remember correctly 10 years ago when I got denied my investigator was from McHenry barracks.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Ok so the next question is will the investigator be from the barracks in your county, and if so do you think it will make a difference in the timeframe of approvals? Since the less populated counties will probably have less applicants than counties nearer the cities making less of a caseload for each investigator.
    If I remember correctly 10 years ago when I got denied my investigator was from McHenry barracks.
    You'd think there would be more troopers in a more populated area though. Or whoever will be doing the investigation.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    You'd think there would be more troopers in a more populated area though. Or whoever will be doing the investigation.
    You would think but look who we are talking about. Lol.
    I can see there being more troopers in a more populated area but still the ratio would be totally different for the amount of applicants. I figure that some of the more populated counties will have my applicants than we do total residents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom