• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Superman

Jun 10, 2020
    My modification was approved!! Submitted 6/28...Accepted 7/11......Approved 7/12. Should receive new card in 5-7 business days.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I have a question, the live Scan fingerprints are only good for 30 days? So how does it work when the applications are so far behind?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I have a question, the live Scan fingerprints are only good for 30 days? So how does it work when the applications are so far behind?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    According to the guidance, its thirty days before submission. Once your app is submitted, the clock stops.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    My Application to remove (employment) restriction from my current permit was submitted on 30-June, this morning, 14 days later it was 'accepted", then at 6pm today it was 'approved'. While a little slow to 'accept' I'm certain due to volume, the approval happened the same day and new card is in the mail. I have to say kudos to the MSP on this one....

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    My Application to remove (employment) restriction from my current permit was submitted on 30-June, this morning, 14 days later it was 'accepted", then at 6pm today it was 'approved'. While a little slow to 'accept' I'm certain due to volume, the approval happened the same day and new card is in the mail. I have to say kudos to the MSP on this one....

While I am happy for you, it is BS they are processing these so quickly, but not processing standard applications that do not contain G&S.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    While I am happy for you, it is BS they are processing these so quickly, but not processing standard applications that do not contain G&S.
    Well, there is a difference. removing a restriction to a current permit now requires no further investigation or effort where there are multiple steps in a fresh application.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Well, there is a difference. removing a restriction to a current permit now requires no further investigation or effort where there are multiple steps in a fresh application.

Don't bother, he won't get it. He thinks it's some conspiracy by MSP.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Don't bother, he won't get it. He thinks it's some conspiracy by MSP.
    Sort of.

I have heard a number of people complain how they are prioritizing resources. On the one hand, sure, processing a replacement card with no restrictions is trivial. On the other hand, it's unnecessary now that the MDSP has issued an advisory in print that anyone can access on their phone, and every second that they spend on those modifications subtracts finite resources from the nearly 10,000 other apps that they have to process. There is also an argument for prioritizing in-state apps over out-of-state apps (Merryland First lol).

Some applicants have had their app accepted the same day that they submitted, others submitted a week or two ago and are still waiting. Some already have a NICS number with suggests a 30 day processing time (I am skeptical about that but we will see). WTF. It appears random how apps are processed.

On yet the third hand there is an argument for clogging the MDSP pipe with everything, to overwhelm them, and force a lawsuit at the end of 90 days, which the MDSP will lose if they don't get their shit together. (This would be the "MDSP must walk, chew gum, and rub their tummy" post-Bruen contingent).

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    :lol::lol2:Seriously dude, only the G&S portion was struck, the MSP are still going to do an investigation which is light years more involved than simply removing a restriction from a permit. If you can't see that it's on you.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Sort of.

I have heard a number of people complain how they are prioritizing resources. On the one hand, sure, processing a replacement card with no restrictions is trivial. On the other hand, it's unnecessary now that the MDSP has issued an advisory in print that anyone can access on their phone, and every second that they spend on those modifications subtracts finite resources from the nearly 10,000 other apps that they have to process. There is also an argument for prioritizing in-state apps over out-of-state apps (Merryland First lol).

Some applicants have had their app accepted the same day that they submitted, others submitted a week or two ago and are still waiting. Some already have a NICS number with suggests a 30 day processing time (I am skeptical about that but we will see). WTF. It appears random how apps are processed.

On yet the third hand there is an argument for clogging the MDSP pipe with everything, to overwhelm them, and force a lawsuit at the end of 90 days, which the MDSP will lose if they don't get their shit together. (This would be the "MDSP must walk, chew gum, and rub their tummy" post-Bruen contingent).
    I'm with you on this but people will not think for themselves and will blindly follow the recommendations of MSI.

And for the record I am a member and supporter but to me them recommending getting a new card knowing what the workload on MSP is right now and in light of the advisory issued was more than a little BGOS. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I'm with you on this but people will not think for themselves and will blindly follow the recommendations of MSI.

And for the record I am a member and supporter but to me them recommending getting a new card knowing what the workload on MSP is right now and in light of the advisory issued was more than a little BGOS. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.
    I'm not blindly following anyone's recommendations, I submitted prior. While I'm aware of the ruling and that current permit restrictions are invalid, I've paid my dues over the years, I paid the recent application fee, and I want the now-invalid language off my physical card. Nothing good can come of that restriction being printed on my card no matter how much I know that today it's invalid. I have no idea who I'll be dealing with a year from now at 2am when I'm retired, or what Maryland or the MSP may change next month. In a perfect world, MSP would simply automatically issue new cards to all who presently have a restricted license. MSP needs to scale to manage their workload, I won't let that issue impact me. I've done what I believe is the best for me, and respect others doing the same...

Last edited:

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    And as usual, when a ray of sunshine falls upon MDS the members turn on themselves.
    The veteran exemption is part of the public safety code. That battle was fought in 2013. If you don't like it because you didn't have the balls to let go of mommy's skirt and go into the military, then by all means talk to your legislators to introduce a bill to change it. Until then, the Supreme Court decision in no way affects that part of the law.

Use every tool that the legislators so graciously bestowed upon us and stop yapping like a bunch of Chiwawas.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Here here. Just skimming through this. Yeah screw veterans, don't forget the cops get waivers for EVERY anti-constitutional law. Maybe just maybe you should be getting up the backsides of all the companies AND individuals making serious coin off the public trying to exercise their constitutional right. Seems everyone here on MDshooters that are oh training this and training that are the folks making a buck off it. Basically you boys are supporting the regime. Some 25 states have permit-less i.e no training carry. Hell we teach Hunter Safety for free to get people into the sport.

USN EW1(SW)

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Here here. Just skimming through this. Yeah screw veterans, don't forget the cops get waivers for EVERY anti-constitutional law. Maybe just maybe you should be getting up the backsides of all the companies AND individuals making serious coin off the public trying to exercise their constitutional right. Seems everyone here on MDshooters that are oh training this and training that are the folks making a buck off it. Basically you boys are supporting the regime. Some 25 states have permit-less i.e no training carry. Hell we teach Hunter Safety for free to get people into the sport.

USN EW1(SW)
    Somebody needs a hug.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Somebody needs a hug.

LOL :rasp:

Actually the prices that get charged really chap my ass. Just another form of profit in the grievance industry. Go back 9 years here and you will see me arguing against all the people falling all over themselves creating the HQL training program. FWIW back then the gun community invalidated an undue burden argument "for" the state. IMHO.

Edit: I'll say same for the mad scramble on serializing home builds. Either your fighting the man or complying with him and how the hell is anyone going to know if you have an unserialized lower?

These laws are like littering the MDGA throws stuff on the side of the road and we all band together and spend years picking it up to show what good citizens we are.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    LOL :rasp:

Actually the prices that get charged really chap my ass. Just another form of profit in the grievance industry. Go back 9 years here and you will see me arguing against all the people falling all over themselves creating the HQL training program. FWIW back then the gun community invalidated an undue burden argument "for" the state. IMHO.

Edit: I'll say same for the mad scramble on serializing home builds. Either your fighting the man or complying with him and how the hell is anyone going to know if you have an unserialized lower?

These laws are like littering the MDGA throws stuff on the side of the road and we all band together and spend years picking it up to show what good citizens we are.
    The reason I got mine serialized is that if I ever need to use one in a self-defense situation I won't have an issue. I otherwise agree though.

I don't think it's fair to $hit on the people that try to remain law abiding though. If I'm at the range and get pulled over for a traffic violation and an AR without a serial is in the car, I could lose my law license, which is also my livelihood. I'm not taking that risk.

I wasn't exactly "falling over myself" to get an HQL - I just wanted to purchase more handguns and the only way for me to acquire more handguns would be to get the HQL. If I didn't get the HQL to prove a point, I would've missed out on some nice deals I got over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom