• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    That's funny, this describes quite a few of the so called senior members on here also...I guess you need seniority to be a dick?

I think you missed the point of my post. I wasn't perticulary referring to what happened yesterday, I was mearly stating new or old, nobody should be acting like an *******.

If I were you, I wouldn 't worry about it. I recently learned that what you post only matters if approved by people who joined this forum at a certain time AND who have at least a certain number of posts. I see by your post count you're not a keyboard whore, therefore you will be ridiculed. Many people look in the mirror and see what they want. They're too busy justifying their opinion to realize the hypocrisy of some of the stuff they type. For example, watch how quickly this gets pounced on.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    If I were you, I wouldn 't worry about it. I recently learned that what you post only matters if approved by people who joined this forum at a certain time AND who have at least a certain number of posts. I see by your post count you're not a keyboard whore, therefore you will be ridiculed. Many people look in the mirror and see what they want. They're too busy justifying their opinion to realize the hypocrisy of some of the stuff they type. For example, watch how quickly this gets pounced on.

Not worried, just making an observation...I've been around here to long for that.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

You win a kewpie doll. :D

Actually it has nothing to do with approval it has to do with not being a dick. Many "senior" members here are dicks but they are offered a little leeway because they do post useful information. When a new member gets on the boards and all they do is rock the boat and tries to draw attention to oneself by making inflammatory posts, acts like an ass and has offered no more more than wasting of time, and has been banned only to ramp up his "obnoxious" behavior yeah he is an ass and will be treated as such because he has not done anything to say he deserves the leeway that some of the senior members get that offer useful things. If you are going to be an ass at least be a useful one.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Seriously do you guys really qualify what someone has to say by the number of posts they have or how long they have been here as opposed to the merit of their input?

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Seriously do you guys really qualify what someone has to say by the number of posts they have or how long they have been here as opposed to the merit of their input?

I find your question valid and trustworthy because, even though I've been here one month longer than you; your post count is three times that of mine, and is therefore more valuable. :D

wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    Originally Posted by wheelgun
    You win a kewpie doll. :D

Actually it has nothing to do with approval it has to do with not being a dick. Many "senior" members here are dicks but they are offered a little leeway because they do post useful information. When a new member gets on the boards and all they do is rock the boat and tries to draw attention to oneself by making inflammatory posts, acts like an ass and has offered no more more than wasting of time, and has been banned only to ramp up his "obnoxious" behavior yeah he is an ass and will be treated as such because he has not done anything to say he deserves the leeway that some of the senior members get that offer useful things. If you are going to be an ass at least be a useful one.

Reloader- note the elapsed time between posts-not prophetic, just predictable.

NeverSurrender

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    Apr 3, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. As a new member I don't mind "earning my stripes" by offering useful input over time. I don't expect to be treated or respected the same as members here who have been contributing to this community for years with thousands of posts and I'm OK with that. And honestly when I am reading a post I do look at the post count when I am considering how much to trust the information or how much weight to give the opinion. I think that this is how life works but for some this gets lost in a "social media" setting. Just my humble opinion.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I find your question valid and trustworthy because, even though I've been here one month longer than you; your post count is three times that of mine, and is therefore more valuable. :D

Lol! Smartie pants!

Chatty Cathy I am. As you of all people should know I racked up a large portion during SB281. Was down there way too much.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Lol! Smartie pants!

Chatty Cathy I am. As you of all people should know I racked up a large portion during SB281. Was down there way too much.

That wasn't a quip at you, my dear. I was poking fun at the idea of "post-count qualification", or whatever. It may not matter to others but I've seen you around here and down in Sausage Town. Your input has been quality and consistent.

I hear ya' — I think I posted over 100 on March 1st alone. (Didn't know about the public WiFi login info on Feb. 6th, otherwise I'd be up another 100 or so)

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    Nah, as we say on the car forum I frequent, post count is meaningless. Some of the people who post the most know the least (depending on the forum of course).

I know exactly what you mean on another forum I visit frequently they have a vet section that you need either 1000+ posts or 1 year of being a member.... well there are people that join that reach 1000+ posts within a month or two.

I am new and I have made some real bonehead comments already but I know you can't go off of post count.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

It is more the merit and the way one comes across. But it also has to do with familiarity, there are some senior members here that can come across arrogant but but their posts are informative or valid. But if you are new member that is unknown to anyone and all you post is drivel and scream at IPs they need to do this or that because of the law, or tell members they do not know what they are talking about, or call LEO/.mil folks that they are jack boot thugs and cannot wait to take your guns and every post is over the top then people will have issues with you. YOu can say someone is, "wrong" or you can say, "what frigging jackhole, moron you are." Both convey the same message one is more well received than other. I view this board like I would view a range and its patrons, and I apply one simple thing when I read peoples post and their tone, would I want to be in stall next to them at the range? I would rather have a guy new to guns that asks questions presents well thought out posts and can assimilate into the crowd then the boisterous over the top guy that proclaims to know everything and expects everyone to treat them as such.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    That wasn't a quip at you, my dear. I was poking fun at the idea of "post-count qualification", or whatever. It may not matter to others but I've seen you around here and down in Sausage Town. Your input has been quality and consistent.

I hear ya' — I think I posted over 100 on March 1st alone. (Didn't know about the public WiFi login info on Feb. 6th, otherwise I'd be up another 100 or so)

Didn't take it as such. I thought your quip was awesome.

If they start a new bill next year we need to get a short term lease on a group house down in the Annapolaxis of Evil. :d

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I know exactly what you mean on another forum I visit frequently they have a vet section that you need either 1000+ posts or 1 year of being a member.... well there are people that join that reach 1000+ posts within a month or two.

I am new and I have made some real bonehead comments already but I know you can't go off of post count.

There is nothing wrong with boneheaded posts, some will razz you some will poke fun but if you take it in stride you will see as with all communities that you will be accepted. Members like you are not the issue.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It is more the merit and the way one comes across. But it also has to do with familiarity, there are some senior members here that can come across arrogant but but their posts are informative or valid. But if you are new member that is unknown to anyone and all you post is drivel and scream at IPs they need to do this or that because of the law, or tell members they do not know what they are talking about, or call LEO/.mil folks that they are jack boot thugs and cannot wait to take your guns and every post is over the top then people will have issues with you. YOu can say someone is, "wrong" or you can say, "what frigging jackhole, moron you are." Both convey the same message one is more well received than other. I view this board like I would view a range and its patrons, and I apply one simple thing when I read peoples post and their tone, would I want to be in stall next to them at the range? I would rather have a guy new to guns that asks questions presents well thought out posts and can assimilate into the crowd then the boisterous over the top guy that proclaims to know everything and expects everyone to treat them as such.

So asking about where to get those new fangled magazine clips that can be recycled is ok? :D

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Didn't take it as such. I thought your quip was awesome.

If they start a new bill next year we need to get a short term lease on a group house down in the Annapolaxis of Evil. :d

Hey, like I mentioned during the joint hearing — Many of us have spent enough time down there and Maryland does recognize squatters rights!

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    There is nothing wrong with boneheaded posts, some will razz you some will poke fun but if you take it in stride you will see as with all communities that you will be accepted. Members like you are not the issue.

This is nice to know, I've also made a few goofs in my short time here, but try to be neutral or benign in my posts, even though I can be opinionated. I've also made the effort to meet others here in person outside of the legislative session. Overall, most people here seem like pretty cool cats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom