• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Originally Posted by iH8DemLibz View Post
    Is it that senior members are all knowing and the rest of us are just a bunch a Newbs with nothing to offer?

Nope it is you and many new members have been arrogant, and have proven you cannot put forth anything of use but angst, sarcasm, and entitlement.

cdstraw

Oct 9, 2008
    Frederick County, MD
    who buys guns at BP?

I have family buy me gift cards from Bass Pro. Collect them over holidays, birthday, Father's day... When I've collected enough I go to Bass Pro and get something that they have in stock.

So in a way I buy from Bass Pro, but someone else is spending their cash for me. I try to support the Local IP's with my cash.

Seems to work. :)

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    BP is reasonable on the mass produced guns and have good prices due to the buying power they have. Their accessories can be a little high though.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    I've purchased long guns there before, and I wouldn't hesitate to do so again. I chose a local dealer for my regulated purchases so I would have a little more say so in the transaction. Maybe the OP should have made a similar well considered choice...

Now in the other thread he is saying he is going to join Free State...:sad20::rolleyes:

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Nope it is you and many new members have been arrogant, and have proven you cannot put forth anything of use but angst, sarcasm, and entitlement.

That's funny, this describes quite a few of the so called senior members on here also...I guess you need seniority to be a dick?

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    I try to buy thru my locals, but for some things (especially with the current craze) like long guns, it's easier to cash and carry from BPS. I shoot cowboy too, and my locals don't usually have a lot of single action.

That being said, I did drive all the way out to Atlantic for a Rossi the other day. It's about 45 mins for me, but definitely worth the trip. The guys there were real helpful, and even had a good stock of lead bullets!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's funny, this describes quite a few of the so called senior members on here also...I guess you need seniority to be a dick?

Question for you.

You walk into a bar and theres a group of old timers at a table playing cards. One is the owner, one is a vet, one is the beer delivery guy, one is a Priest, and one is a cop.

Do you immediately walk in, pour yourself a beer from the tap, pull up a chair at their table, and talk to them like you know them? Perhaps you could whip out your wang or hairy butt and say a "yo mommas fat" joke?

OR

You could behave like NORMAL people do and come around for a while, get accustomed to the place and get to know people before showing your ass? I know, its just absurd to get to know people and a place before you come around acting like an idiot. :rolleyes:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Question for you.

You walk into a bar and theres a group of old timers at a table playing cards. One is the owner, one is a vet, one is the beer delivery guy, one is a Priest, and one is a cop.

Do you immediately walk in, pour yourself a beer from the tap, pull up a chair at their table, and talk to them like you know them? Perhaps you could whip out your wang or hairy butt and say a "yo mommas fat" joke?

OR

You could behave like NORMAL people do and come around for a while, get accustomed to the place and get to know people before showing your ass? I know, its just absurd to get to know people and a place before you come around acting like an idiot. :rolleyes:

So full of win. :rofl:

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Question for you.

OR

I think you missed the point of my post. I wasn't perticulary referring to what happened yesterday, I was mearly stating new or old, nobody should be acting like an *******.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The new members that have something to offer already know who they are and are not under the "umbrella" I have. The OP is an example of the recent trend of some new members that have come in like a bull in a china shop with the mentality, "look at me treat me as your equal you assholes." By all means if you believe something stand up for it but do not be one of those dicks that pop into every thread and toss a string of lit firecrackers and sit back and watch the chaos.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Question for you.

OR

SOOOO totally agree with this one!!!! I know when I first joined I read, read, read posts, found out who was a jokester, who was Mr. Serious, and who was middle of the road. THEN and ONLY THEN did I make an ASS of myself!! Just kidding. This IS a great community and new people or anyone needs to see it as such. Great analogy !!

I know when we were going down to Naptown and testifying there were a few newbies that got their feelings hurt because we were all on guard for infiltrators from the "other side". Once this was explained to a few, they calmed down and understood our caution to their posts.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The new members that have something to offer already know who they are and are not under the "umbrella" I have. The OP is an example of the recent trend of some new members that have come in like a bull in a china shop with the mentality, "look at me treat me as your equal you assholes." By all means if you believe something stand up for it but do not be one of those dicks that pop into every thread and toss a string of lit firecrackers and sit back and watch the chaos.

Hurt feelings report withdrawn :D

SOOOO totally agree with this one!!!! I know when I first joined I read, read, read posts, found out who was a jokester, who was Mr. Serious, and who was middle of the road. THEN and ONLY THEN did I make an ASS of myself!! Just kidding. This IS a great community and new people or anyone needs to see it as such. Great analogy !!

I lurked for a month prior to joining. Agreed it is pretty easy to catch on around here.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I received a mod warning my first hour on these boards when I joined, I made inflammatory comments about a certain county's PD hiring practices. So I learned right away. Something is to be said by "lurking" and getting a gauge on the way certain people post. This board is like the USA, you are new here you have more of a duty to assimilate to our way of things not the other way around, though we as members have to be aware of the "net" personalities of all members.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Basically if you piss somebody off and they been here awhile and you care then you are new; I've never cared. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom