• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    I'm chiming in late, i know. I just wanted to give some impressions of the class. The classroom portion, I felt, was invaluable - especially the lawyer portion. I felt as though several key points about Maryland law were clarified and examined in great detail. The range portion of the training was somewhat disconcerting since some of the things we got to do are things I, at least, never get to practice. Drawing from a holster, from concealment, with movement, etc. These are things you usually don't get to do at a public range. To sum it up, anyone on the fence about taking this training should get off the fence and git'r'done. You'll be glad you did. I'm really hoping to take the advanced class when offered, too!

one enchancement i'd like to suggest - someone should organize an open-carry lunch outing if the class is taught in Pennsylvania. I say this because it was obvious that many of the class (myself foremost among them) don't know what it's like to be able to legally carry our guns anywhere. BGOS, right? I dunno if the instructors can do such a thing, but perhaps if the next batch of students come mostly from MDS, someone would be willing to take the reins and figure something out.

All the comments on the instruction in general, and on the legal portion in specific, are greatly appreciated. Any constructive criticism is welcome as well, and feel free to PM with any detailed suggestions. I'm always trying to improve.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Finally some pics from our class.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0165.jpg
      100MEDIA$IMAG0165.jpg
      95.7 KB · Views: 240
    • 100MEDIA$IMAG0169.jpg
      100MEDIA$IMAG0169.jpg
      101.7 KB · Views: 245
    • 100MEDIA$IMAG0183.jpg
      100MEDIA$IMAG0183.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 247
    • 100MEDIA$IMAG0166.jpg
      100MEDIA$IMAG0166.jpg
      96.8 KB · Views: 247
    • 100MEDIA$IMAG0181.jpg
      100MEDIA$IMAG0181.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 248

mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    With the recent MSP interview activity, I'm looking for a class like the one held 1-July. The previous topics are perfect: Concealed carry safety and defensive mindset; Self defense and concealed carry; Legal aspects of self defense and concealed carry; Carry modes and concealment; Presenting the pistol from concealment; Presentation, position and movement. Any plans to hold another in the coming months? Preferably sooner before it gets too cold. Thanks!

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    That is not true, there is a qualification that can be done instead of having to take the PPITH class.
    I stand corrected. I read the requirements again and it does allow for other like qualifications. I mixed the class requirements with the instructor class requirements.
    Pardon me.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I would absolutely be in for a PPOTH course and look forward to the opportunity to attend if offered.
    I have had PPITH and am anxious for the next step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom