• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    With the approach of a shall issue CCW looming, I would like to judge interest in a NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home class. This class has a primary focus of learning how to draw and fire from concealment as well as how to conceal and all aspects of concealed carry.

The class will be held in Harford County and the range is just across the PA line. This is a one day class and their are requirements to attend, a minimum of basic handgun or equivalent are required as well as having to do an individual interview.

This class will be limited to 15 students, the available dates will be posted if we get enough interest. The approximate cost would be $150.00 per student.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I assume that this class does address some of the legalities of use of justified force? Especially if applicable to Maryland, DE, PA, VA, WVA laws?

I think I would be in.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    This class does in fact address some of the issues as they pertain to Maryland mostly. The person giving the legal portion of the class will be qualified to answer those types of questions.

iSHOOT

Jan 6, 2010
    AA County
    I definitely would be in for that. If you ask me, that was one of the best parts of the Utah permit. And from what I hear about the MSP help line you can call, if you have a question about your permit or something like that, I think this class would be a perfect partner with a CCW permit.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    This class does in fact address some of the issues as they pertain to Maryland mostly. The person giving the legal portion of the class will be qualified to answer those types of questions.

:thumbsup:

As you are offering the class in PA, it may be advisable to have a PA and MD legal expert there just in case!

Will you be doing the advanced section too?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    :thumbsup:

As you are offering the class in PA, it may be advisable to have a PA and MD legal expert there just in case!

Will you be doing the advanced section too?

Actually, the class is being held in Maryland and we will be on private property in PA for the range portion only. I do appreciate the advice though as you are well respected in our community of instructors.

This will be the basic class only. If you would like to team up for an advanced class shoot me a PM and we can try to get one going after this one is over.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Actually, the class is being held in Maryland and we will be on private property in PA for the range portion only. I do appreciate the advice though as you are well respected in our community of instructors.

This will be the basic class only. If you would like to team up for an advanced class shoot me a PM and we can try to get one going after this one is over.

I would like to see the advanced class offered. I teach it when at an indoor range in Wake County NC. It can be closed and we can do a variety of lighting conditions and sounds. It is a great set up as we can do movement too!

I don't teach the PPITH/PPOTH classes here as I do not have a good legal contact for the legal portion of the the classes.

No problem if you ever need another instructor to help out!

I wish you well in the class as there is a definite need for it. In fact, I think both PPITH/PPOTH should be a pre-requisite in order to get a CCW! Just my opinion.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Interested. I took the PPITH Course at Balto. County Game & Fish and it was well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom