• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    I recently moved for work up to Sparks, MD and have yet to find a decent range up here

I used to belong to Berwyn rod and gun club, and loved it. Outdoor private range that I could pretty much do whatever I wanted on (holster draw, hip shooting, etc)

I have yet to find anything like that up here.

I have no desire for indoor ranges at all.

I don't mind driving to PA if i have to but I want an outdoor range that's in this area. I also don't mind having to pay for a membership so long as its worth it.

Any suggestions?

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Both Hap Baker & AGC are good ranges. I know a number of guys in the area are members of Seitzland Rifle Club as well. Like you, I don't care much for indoor ranges. If you are in Sparks north of Belfast Rd, you are outside of the metropolitan district and can shoot on your own property, if they lay of the land makes that a feasible proposition.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also look to PA ranges.

I am a bit east of you, but belong to SLCFSA. VERY nice facility. And low dues.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I hate to say this

If you had introduced yourself, you would have the information to help yourself.

[FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] <-+--!!---!!---!!---!!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Howdy new neighbor!

Check out Seitzland Rifle Club in New Freedom, PA.

It is a little shorter drive than heading over to AGC, has a 200 yd rifle range, friendly folks and a very active membership. Next club meeting is Tuesday, August 5 at 7:00 p.m.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    AGC sucks for pistol shooting, unless you want to shoot like Barney Fife at a 25 yard bullseye...

You can shoot pistols at any distance you want up to 1-200 yards at the AGC. Of course to close is not recommended for safety reasons however its very common to see people shooting well less than 25 yards away. As long as your rounds will pass through the target and its not glass, you can shoot what you want. There are also many clubs that run a Steel plate shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom