• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    If that is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it, we may be done. From what I saw, there won't be 20K votes cast today in the state. Frosh had it in the bag from the early voting. I hope the 200000+ gun owners in this state were awake today, if not, it's going to be a looooooong, session in the GA next year.

170K votes already, at least for the Governor Race. And that is with 26% reporting.

Frosh has a pretty big lead over Cardin, that sucks. What is interesting is the republican candidate running for AG. He has almost as many votes as Frosh. Maybe we can beat the dem winner in the general?

Yeah, bummer. Cardin is gaining though. Frosh got many more in the early voting, which is a big part of why he is in the lead right now.

State Senate - 17
    DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY VOTES %WON
    Cheryl Kagan 864 55.4 %
    Luiz Simmons 695 44.6

Scratch the Dumais, forgot there's more than one per district...

But hey, Simmons is losing!!!

For Dumais - yes, I believe the top 3 democrat candidates make it through to General Election.

Good to hear Simmons is losing! There will be some bright spots out of the election results today :)

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Maybe we can beat the dem winner in the general?

Yes, if Maryland's 110,000 gun owners including all MDS members make it to the polls. We actually should have been able to win this one. I don't know about the other stations, but mine was only about 12 minutes from my home, and there literally was no line at all--too easy to make a difference with a few minutes out of my day.

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yes, if MD owners and all MDS members make it to the polls. We actually should have been able to win this one. I don't know about the other stations, but mine was only about 12 minutes from my home, and there literally was no line at all--too easy to make a difference with a few minutes out of my day.

Same here. We gave it a good run. Will have to see how others faired, but here are the top three:

ELECTION CENTER

MARYLAND GOVERNOR - DEM
    100% of precincts reporting
    Brown 236,037 51.29%
    Gansler 111,497 24.23%
    Mizeur 99,913 21.71%

MARYLAND GOVERNOR - GOP
    Hogan 89,177 43.01%
    Craig 60,390 29.12%
    Lollar 32,165 15.51%

MARYLAND ATTY GENERAL - DEM
    Frosh 217,134 49.68%
    Cardin 132,331 30.28%
    Last updated: 5:03:53 am

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Hard to believe the turn out was as low as it was. No lines to vote and polls were pretty much empty. We have got to do a better job getting folks out to vote. The total for brown was just about total for all republicans that voted. We are in real trouble if we can't find a way to motivate the base for the general elections.
    I voted DINO and now I really feel dirty.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    From everything I've seen so far, the DINO movement worked about as well as it ever did in the past (had no measurable effect). Against all odds I was really hoping it would have made some change, but then there's that sticky glue called reality..

The good news is that "all is not lost"... yet.. November 2014 is the final stepping stone for change in Maryland to happen IMO. We need to 'fight' (donate, work and spread the word) like we are in the fight of our lives. Because if we don't, kiss ANY hope for change in MD goodby forever.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Same here. We gave it a good run. Will have to see how others faired, but here are the top three:

ELECTION CENTER

MARYLAND GOVERNOR - DEM
    Brown 236,037 51.29%
    Gansler 111,497 24.23%
    Mizeur 99,913 21.71%

MARYLAND GOVERNOR - GOP
    Hogan 89,177 43.01%
    Craig 60,390 29.12%
    Lollar 32,165 15.51%

Frosh 217,134 49.68%
    Cardin 132,331 30.28%

Spolier alert: Braveboy had 87,575 or 20% ... If she had NOT have split the vote, Cardin could have won by a slim margin. (219,906) Was she even a viable candidate, or did Frosh or the MD DemocRAT machine 'encourage' her to run 'for the experience' ? :sad20:

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    If you look at the county numbers for Frosh/Cardin you see a very suspicious distortion on the "free" counties of the state (W MD and shore). So we moved the vote, just not enough. Given that in D18, less than 10k people voted out of 48k registered Dems and 70k registered voters...if no one shows then everyone loses.

From everything I've seen so far, the DINO movement worked about as well as it ever did in the past (had no measurable effect). Against all odds I was really hoping it would have made some change, but then there's that sticky glue called reality..

The good news is that "all is not lost"... yet.. November 2014 is the final stepping stone for change in Maryland to happen IMO. We need to 'fight' (donate, work and spread the word) like we are in the fight of our lives. Because if we don't, kiss ANY hope for change in MD goodby forever.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I mentioned elsewhere that we did have some effect.

Awareness and enthusiasm were created.

Where we fell short was in saturation, and in underestimating the ignorance/apathy of the state as a whole.

As we move from Primary to General, I want to be sure to thank everyone who took this to heart, did the hard work, and tried to get the ball rolling. This has been an amazing first effort.

Going forward, we'll need to do a lot more, but it will be a lot of individual effort in supporting the candidates who can effectively represent you and actively working against those who are problems.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    If you look at the county numbers for Frosh/Cardin you see a very suspicious distortion on the "free" counties of the state (W MD and shore). So we moved the vote, just not enough. Given that in D18, less than 10k people voted out of 48k registered Dems and 70k registered voters...if no one shows then everyone loses.

So small of a movement that I would still call it "no measurable effect" ;).

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

ELECTION CENTER

MARYLAND GOVERNOR - DEM
    Brown 236,037 51.29%
    Gansler 111,497 24.23%
    Mizeur 99,913 21.71%

MARYLAND GOVERNOR - GOP
    Hogan 89,177 43.01%
    Craig 60,390 29.12%
    Lollar 32,165 15.51%

Frosh 217,134 49.68%
    Cardin 132,331 30.28%

things don't bode well for us in the general election when all 3 democratic gov candidates had more votes than the top republican. Hogan only got 1/3 of the votes of brown. the R candidates for governor in total got 181,732 votes, the D candidates got 447,447 votes. We continue to be boned by people pulling the D. There's just too many braindead parasites in this state to fix things with the ballot box for the time being. At least we still have litigation to try to challenge things(even if the judges we're dealing with seem to lean pretty far left).

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Spolier alert: Braveboy had 87,575 or 20% ... If she had NOT have split the vote, Cardin could have won by a slim margin. (219,906) Was she even a viable candidate, or did Frosh or the MD DemocRAT machine 'encourage' her to run 'for the experience' ? :sad20:

Wow. It looks like the Dems in power used her, and her supporters, to water down the competition. Did she realize this, or was she simply duped?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Thanks again to all who helped!

Partial cross post is below. I am cleaning up the research thread and will post up any others I find

@@@@@@@@

Here is some good news: Unofficially gone are the below 2 candidates (House side), both of whom were FSA sponsors!

Tarrant (D)
    cosponsor of FSA-H
    Voted Yea on FSA, MJD, BB, RT, TR, GT, DP, MW, ST

47A - New district
    Michael Summers (D)
    • currently serving as a Delegate in District 47 (which has been eliminated)
    • cosponsor of FSA-H
    • Voted Yea on FSA, MJD, BB, RT, TR, GT, DP, MW

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom