• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    For those who don't recall the Good Friday Treachery... Smigiel submitted an amendment to FSA2013 that would have prevented diminutive credits for crimes involving firearms and heres the recap of the voting shenanigans that ensued.

And Tarrant was voted out Tuesday.... Wonder if this came up in his district...

Thanks for that additional information! I posted about him loosing into that other thread. This is another result from Tuesday's primary Election that people should be happy about :) D40 was a good candidate for DINO as there were 0 Republican candidates running for the House or Senate seats

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    For those who don't recall the Good Friday Treachery... Smigiel submitted an amendment to FSA2013 that would have prevented diminutive credits for crimes involving firearms and heres the recap of the voting shenanigans that ensued.

And Tarrant was voted out Tuesday.... Wonder if this came up in his district...

I'm willing to call this a DINO success. It really doesn't matter if it is or not, I think it is and if it is repeated often enough it will be.:cool:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    OP updated with analysis of the AG race. The local results are very interesting, and point to the fact that DINO was effective in many areas of MD. We need more voters in the areas where Cardin won, so lets get busy making that happen!

From OP:

Cardin did win in the following counties, though he did not win overall: Allegany, Caroline, Cecil, Charles, Dorchester, Garrett, Queen Anne's, Saint Mary's, Somerset, Talbot, Washington, Wicomico, Worcester
    Cardin did not loose by a lot in these counties: Calvert, Kent
    Frosh effectively won because of: Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Montgomery County. No surprise about MC, where he got 40K more votes than Cardin.

Takeaway:
    • DINO probably played a role in the counties where Cardin won. We needed higher voter turnout in those areas, and didn't get it. Do something about that!
    • You tell us what the best strategy going forward should be. Hint: Trolling about how you hate the areas where Frosh won is not helpful, and will change nothing for the better!

agstevens05

Jan 24, 2013
    Saw this morning where turnout in MoCo was a record LOW

This is what I don't get. Why are more people not getting out and vote. Most of our base seems to have sat at home. I knew people who didn't vote. Of course they was going to vote for all the wrong people but still just an example. Those that don't all just lost their right to complain. I personally don't want to hear it from them.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    OP updated with analysis of the AG race. The local results are very interesting, and point to the fact that DINO was effective in many areas of MD. We need more voters in the areas where Cardin won, so lets get busy making that happen!

From OP:

Cardin did win in the following counties, though he did not win overall: Allegany, Caroline, Cecil, Charles, Dorchester, Garrett, Queen Anne's, Saint Mary's, Somerset, Talbot, Washington, Wicomico, Worcester
    Cardin did not loose by a lot in these counties: Calvert, Kent
    Frosh effectively won because of: Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Montgomery County. No surprise about MC, where he got 40K more votes than Cardin.

Takeaway:
    • DINO probably played a role in the counties where Cardin won. We needed higher voter turnout in those areas, and didn't get it. Do something about that!
    • You tell us what the best strategy going forward should be. Hint: Trolling about how you hate the areas where Frosh won is not helpful, and will change nothing for the better!

DINO may have played a role in those counties/areas, but in the more conservative counties, switching parties may leave the republican friends without the votes they need to win a primary or worse open them to a RINO attack and end up with an undesirable republican to go to the general against an undesirable DEM.

I have been thinking the earlier polls showing Cardin ahead were manipulated to look that way to help Frosh bring out the vote and cause his opponents to think it would be easier to beat him. I'm not going to trust polls in this state again and will recommend ignoring them and work harder to see your candidate win. I suspect, and can't prove out of state $ caused/helped this. This could have kept some supporters home as well.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    DINO may have played a role in those counties/areas, but in the more conservative counties, switching parties may leave the republican friends without the votes they need to win a primary or worse open them to a RINO attack and end up with an undesirable republican to go to the general against an undesirable DEM.

I have been thinking the earlier polls showing Cardin ahead were manipulated to look that way to help Frosh bring out the vote and cause his opponents to think it would be easier to beat him. I'm not going to trust polls in this state again and will recommend ignoring them and work harder to see your candidate win. I suspect, and can't prove out of state $ caused/helped this. This could have kept some supporters home as well.

im starting to believe the ag poll numbers were a ruse...

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

Exactly my point. Polls have been used before, but usually to make people believe a candidate is doing better. This was a completely different use. I will not put much faith in them here in MD from now on.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012

Exactly my point. Polls have been used before, but usually to make people believe a candidate is doing better. This was a completely different use. I will not put much faith in them here in MD from now on.

Yes - the polls are not reliable. Just ask Eric Cantor.
    And yes, DINO is not without tradeoffs in some instances. All strategies include risks and tradeoffs. It is a shame there was not higher turnout in some areas, and that not all of the candidates we wanted to win did win.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is what I don't get. Why are more people not getting out and vote. Most of our base seems to have sat at home. I knew people who didn't vote. Of course they was going to vote for all the wrong people but still just an example. Those that don't all just lost their right to complain. I personally don't want to hear it from them.

Here's a potential clue: It's the end of June. The kids are out of school. The weather was good. I'd bet the bulk of the voter families were at the beach or the mountains. That would be a good reason for holding the primaries in JUNE. Either that or the Election board was completely drunk and had a "Hold my beer and watch this..." moment when they picked the date.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Here's a potential clue: It's the end of June. The kids are out of school. The weather was good. I'd bet the bulk of the voter families were at the beach or the mountains. That would be a good reason for holding the primaries in JUNE. Either that or the Election board was completely drunk and had a "Hold my beer and watch this..." moment when they picked the date.

Occam's Razor... Marylanders don't care. Haven't for years. As long as their government jobs keep overpaying them, they'll support democrats.

Even though I moved away last October (when SB203 passed), I'm still really disappointed to see frosh won the attorney general's seat (I hate seeing good things happen for bad people.) That's not going to bode well for you guys. He's got a real hard-on for legal guns and now has more power to act on it.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Occam's Razor... Marylanders don't care. Haven't for years. As long as their government jobs keep overpaying them, they'll support democrats.

Even though I moved away last October (when SB203 passed), I'm still really disappointed to see frosh won the attorney general's seat (I hate seeing good things happen for bad people.) That's not going to bode well for you guys. He's got a real hard-on for legal guns and now has more power to act on it.

Attorney General race is not over. That was just the primary. The General Election is coming up. You can contribute to Pritzker, who is running against frosh. http://www.pritzkerforattorneygeneral.com/

People in MD do care. Once these new taxes start kicking in more, I hope people will start to wake up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom