• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sgt Preston here...

The final copy of SB 281 has NOT been released...

It is NOT available to FFL's...

Yes it has and yes it is.

We had a very in-depth conversation about Oct 1st & the ability of his customers to buy a gun after Oct 1st...

I asked him if he was prepared to offer the training for his customers to be able to buy a gun after Oct 1st...

He said that SB 281 has NOT yet been finalized or released...

Again, yes it has.

And that ONLY Md State Police would be authorized to teach these classes...

Your dealer/LEO is completely wrong, especially with regards to Hunter Safety.

He mentioned that only 105 MSP Officers are qualified to teach the new classes...

Again, your dealer/LEO is wrong. 25+ folks just got certified/recertified last weekend to be MSP approved trainers.

The curriculum & training materials for the course are being discussed but have not been finalized...

His range offers an extensive selection of NRA & Utah CCW courses right now...

Believe me CCW was NOT discussed...

Stick around, you'll see, it's coming...

The only links I've seen to the Bill are unsigned mark ups, NOT the signed final copy..?

As someone who spent almost a month of my time in Annapolis, the final/completed bill is the enrolled version posted here: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/sb/sb0281e.pdf

The marked up bill (Enrolled) is the one that got signed. If you want the unmarked version, you will have to looking at each individual regulation mentioned in the bill for the new language.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I see what you are saying, but that is not what they are saying. The OR is Law Enforcement Officer OR a person retired ....

So current LEO OR retired. But funny thing is, they way it is written, someone retired from a law enforcement agency, even if they were not a law enforcement officer is exempt also. :) So a clerk in the local police department who RETIRES IN GOOD STANDING, is included. :)

I don't think they actually meant that.

I have too many years dealing with laws and regulations. :)

21 (2) A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR PERSON WHO IS RETIRED
    22 IN GOOD STANDING FROM SERVICE WITH A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THE
    23 UNITED STATES, THE STATE, OR A LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THE
    24 STATE

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I see what you are saying, but that is not what they are saying. The OR is Law Enforcement Officer OR a person retired ....

So current LEO OR retired. But funny thing is, they way it is written, someone retired from a law enforcement agency, even if they were not a law enforcement officer is exempt also. :) So a clerk in the local police department who RETIRES IN GOOD STANDING, is included. :)

I don't think they actually meant that.

I have too many years dealing with laws and regulations. :)

I see how it can go both ways.

Something else in the bill that isn't too clear. Go figure...:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom