• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    He didn't specifically say it was a private response BUT it has a clause at the bottom of the email saying no duplication or copying without express consent.

Ill ask him if I can post it on the Scotts Gunsmithing website I do work on.

Did it say no paraphrasing;)

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I think I see what you're saying... What does the general consensus seem to be? So form 1 SBRs are good to go with the standard NFA paperwork right? They can just not be transferred in state?

Well... you know my response. But, yes you're correct, you couldn't transfer it within the state unless it was on the MD handgun roster list specifically. So for example, today you could walk into a gun shop, buy an AR-15 HBAR cash & carry (no 77r), and then fill out a ATF Form 1 to make an SBR, but within the confines of the copycat clauses. It doesn't have to be an HBAR.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Huh... well look at that! The Zastava M92 is 31.3 inches in OAL with a stock extended. Knock off a couple inches to remove the flash hider and you get just over 29 inches. Hmm seems like a good candidate for a roster submission to me! Not to mention that CAI is continuing to import a whole bunch of these from Serbia in their pistol configuration. You see them all the time at PA gun shows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M92

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Jeez, didn't trust what I posted from someone with a higher rank, so you had to go a ask someone with a lower rank and then post the same damn thing...Sheesh...Trouble maker. :D

Well you rank higher than me so that's how they handled it. :D;)

I can only assume Cpl. Edwards just happened to be on the PC when that came through.

I believed you 100%, I just wanted something I could post to put a stop to the people spreading bad info and shops selling guns that don't meet the OAL.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Sorry guys the email response I received is considered private. The Trooper said the link explains how OAL is measured and the MSP uses the same standard as BATFE.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sorry guys the email response I received is considered private. The Trooper said the link explains how OAL is measured and the MSP uses the same standard as BATFE.

That's one of the things we really needed to know. Now we just need to start a sticky with stock lengths. :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's one of the things we really needed to know. Now we just need to start a sticky with stock lengths. :D

I'm not sure how to get a response that can be duplicated.

I'm doing a Pre 10//2013 AR Receiver on a Approved Form 1 sent in 4/1/2013 and approved 3/5/2014

It is a 5.56 gun that I'm making a desperate setup in 9mm that uses a HAHN Bottom Block Adaptor, LWRC UCIW Stock, 4.5" 9mm Barrel threaded 1/2-28 (For my Octane 9 Can), CMMG Bolt, CMMG Upper, and Pistol YHM F.F. Lightweight Rail.

The lil beast will be like 21" collapsed. I need to know how my Pre 10/1 and Form 1 can be configured. I will not build this till I know Im ok.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Not HBAR:/ it's going on a post 10/1 Colt HBAR so I need a 10.3 heavy barrel.

You could do a 300 Blackout.
    10.3_s2w_1000px.jpg

https://danieldefense.com/upper-receiver-groups/pistol-length-urg/daniel-defense-m4-urg-300-sbr.html

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I'm doing a Pre 10//2013 AR Receiver on a Approved Form 1 sent in 4/1/2013 and approved 3/5/2013

It is a 5.56 gun that I'm making a desperate setup in 9mm that uses a HAHN Bottom Block Adaptor, LWRC UCIW Stock, 4.5" 9mm Barrel threaded 1/2-28 (For my Octane 9 Can), CMMG Bolt, CMMG Upper, and Pistol YHM F.F. Lightweight Rail.

The lil beast will be like 21" collapsed.

Nice. I finally sent in the Form 1 on that 9mm AR you put together for me. I can't wait to get a stock on it. I know it's blasphemy, but I just don't understand AR pistols. OAL will be 22" with the ACE SOCOM stock I plan to put on it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Nice. I finally sent in the Form 1 on that 9mm AR you put together for me. I can't wait to get a stock on it. I know it's blasphemy, but I just don't understand AR pistols. OAL will be 22" with the ACE SOCOM stock I plan to put on it.

That's a nice setup your going with. I like those lowers.

Im dying here because I have the parts and the approval letter but I don't want to assemble something that not ok, well that and I haven't been in the shop in 6+ months.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's a nice setup your going with. I like those lowers.

Im dying here because I have the parts and the approval letter but I don't want to assemble something that not ok, well that and I haven't been in the shop in 6+ months.

Those lowers are still legal......:innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Those lowers are still legal......:innocent0

They are still legal? Well, Im going to write the MSP and tell then about the Evil Glock AR Lower Loophole off DEATH! :innocent0:lol2:

Just kidding. I tried to order one and they said they have no ETA on delivery. At least I have a FFL that I can have take the transfer. :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They are still legal? Well, Im going to write the MSP and tell then about the Evil Glock AR Lower Loophole off DEATH! :innocent0:lol2:

Just kidding. I tried to order one and they said they have no ETA on delivery. At least I have a FFL that I can have take the transfer. :)

It took about 3-4 months for mine to come in. I hear they are longer than that now. Some FFL's should start to carry them.......

Please don't write MSP. Every time you do, a puppy dies.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It took about 3-4 months for mine to come in. I hear they are longer than that now. Some FFL's should start to carry them.......

Please don't write MSP. Every time you do, a puppy dies.

If it means more business then Mr. Larry will squish the idea. Cant have a busy store. ;)

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore

I'm doing a Pre 10//2013 AR Receiver on a Approved Form 1 sent in 4/1/2013 and approved 3/5/2014

The lil beast will be like 21" collapsed. I need to know how my Pre 10/1 and Form 1 can be configured. I will not build this till I know Im ok.

How are you guys keeping it <29"? Since it's less than 26" it's fine?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How are you guys keeping it <29"? Since it's less than 26" it's fine?

My 9mm AR has a 5" barrel........

I sent in my Form 1 prior to 10/1. Not sure if it matters, at this point. You are correct that according to the Freedom Suppression Act of 2013, a rifle must be > 29". It remains to be seen how SBRs are going to be handled. I have months left to find out.....

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010

Whoa Whoa... stop!

Clandestine,

You submitted the Form 1 to the ATF and the $200 check was cashed before Oct. 1st, correct? If so, that's your Purchase Order before the Oct. 1st deadline to build a pre-ban firearm, even after the Oct. 1st deadline. That even came up in one of the FFL MSP meetings. Anything goes as long as you submitted, and checks were cashed for NFA forms before Oct. 1st. You're good to go man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom