• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What Chad said is perfectly correct and sensible, and something I warned about in my FAQ for a long time. A form 1 is an application to make/manufacture, not an application to transfer like a form 4. A form 1 is NOT a purchase order, it's at best "intent to manufacture". A form 4 could be reasonably construed as a purchase order.

Further, we're all in general agreement that a rifle can't be an ALG and a copycat weapon at the same time, but the MSP has not yet clarified whether SBRs can ever be ALGs.

If they can be ALGs, Chad can either chop it to any length he wants.

If they can't be ALGs, Chad has to keep it at 29" or above, because it could be a copycat weapon.

The plus side to the logic of the second case is that SBR and handgun versions of all the banned rifles should be back on the table. But the roster board seems to be under the impression you can be a copy of a banned rifle while being a handgun. *mind blown* Might take a lawsuit to resolve that, too.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Well... someone on this forum recently received a Form 1 from MSP with a OAL less then 29 inches. When he submitted it, he was asked is this a pre-Oct. 1st regulated firearm, of which it was. From what I understand it was approved by MSP on a Form 1 AR-15 type SBR. But of course, that's all forum conjecture.

I dunno... this is all making my head hurt.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Further, we're all in general agreement that a rifle can't be an ALG and a copycat weapon at the same time, but the MSP has not yet clarified whether SBRs can ever be ALGs.

Sorry I have to say this, but please don't poke the retarded MSP dragon anymore. We just got an official advisory from MSP, specifically about SBR's and SBS's, and the ALG list was nowhere to be found. We should just let it go... I'm content with the idea that SBR's/SBS's cannot be ALG's. We all know how they HATE to define what is okay (cite seven-day release debacle), they only like to state what can restrict us further.

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    I second this above post and said months ago, leave this all alone just submit and see what happens, everyone who NEEDED direction and answers basically forced the msp to show their hand, we all know that md is not a gun friendly state and you forced them to basically say bend over we will take away everything we can because everyone NEEDED answers instead of playing safe and just keeping their mouths shut....
    honestly this thread should be deleted....

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If MSI needs me I will gladly give them or scan documentation for my situation.

I have 2 lowers both purchased via 77r and were not disapproved WAY before 10/1/2013.

I submitted a form 1 for each of them via trust approx 4/1/2013 and was approved by ATF 3/1/2014. Both form 1s have an OAL shorter than 29".

I have NOT assembled these firearms yet into SBRs as I am concerned that they could be a violation due to OAL and due to the fact that the MSP may consider them NEW guns since the form 1 was approved after 10/1

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I have 2 lowers both purchased via 77r and were not disapproved WAY before 10/1/2013.

I submitted a form 1 for each of them via trust approx 4/1/2013 and was approved by ATF 3/1/2014. Both form 1s have an OAL shorter than 29".

I have NOT assembled these firearms yet into SBRs as I am concerned that they could be a violation due to OAL and due to the fact that the MSP may consider them NEW guns since the form 1 was approved after 10/1

So noted sir, thank you. I will see if the lawyers, need/want the info.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So, per a reliable source at MSP, if we have questions about how ALG can be applied to a handgun, or why are stripped lowers not permitted. The MSP would prefer these things be settled by lawsuit, so that the rules don't change on them from the administration based on how they feel on a given day.

If anyone would like the name of the reliable source, I will be happy to share it via PM, but I will not put it in this thread. But safe to say, I have quoted him previously in an e-mail concerning the measurement of OAL. :innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So, per a reliable source at MSP, if we have questions about how ALG can be applied to a handgun, or why are stripped lowers not permitted. The MSP would prefer these things be settled by lawsuit, so that the rules don't change on them from the administration based on how they feel on a given day.

If anyone would like the name of the reliable source, I will be happy to share it via PM, but I will not put it in this thread. But safe to say, I have quoted him previously in an e-mail concerning the measurement of OAL. :innocent0

Cheater! ;)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Hey, is it really cheating if I can walk up to a resource when he standing outside of Judiciary, waiting to testify on something else, and ask him pointed questions that I very well may not like the answer to?

Admit it, you would do the same thing. :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey, is it really cheating if I can walk up to a resource when he standing outside of Judiciary, waiting to testify on something else, and ask him pointed questions that I very well may not like the answer to?

Admit it, you would do the same thing. :D

Yes, I admit it I'm jealous. I don't get jealous often either. :)

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena

I have one SBR applied before Oct1st approved in Jan 2014. I am sort of in the same situation. That's why i asked this in one of my previous post:

Im still wondering when is the effective date of this advisory?
    1. to ALL Form 1/4s after Oct 1st whether approved/applied.
    2. Just to those applied after Oct 1st? OR
    3. Just from the advisory onward?

Im done trying to understand MSPs reasoning. As of right now, my priority is staying on the right side of the law, regardless whether or not I agree with it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Sounds good........
    Well, let's get down to it and start SUING THE MSP! WOO!

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom