• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back in the day , had opportunity for one for iirc $350 , but didn't have it at the time

One of the ones that got away .

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Time for her to breathe some EDC air I think.

d36b736d46b778ae34293f3566d71ebf.jpg
    I'd love to try squeezing your Koch some day.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Shot my first one yesterday. Standard USP with an upgraded trigger and sights. A bit big for my hand but shot nice enough I suppose. I could get used to the paddle mag release

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Shooters are weird sometimes in that they would rather buy a $500 gun and then dump $1000 worth of accessories and mods into it than to buy a $1200 gun that's already superior to what they'll end up with.

I have a number of pistols that could be considered "higher end" - my USP45 is one of them, and although I bought it used on consignment, I think it's still stock. It's a wonderful gun - never had a hiccup with it. The downside is what everyone else says - accessories and parts are quite costly, but I don't mind that because so far it's been super reliable, and I've never had a need for more than the 2 mags it came with.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I was at Guntry tonight with my son. Fellow a few lanes down had the SP5 and SP5K. I didn't notice which he was shooting at any given time, but at least one was suppressed. First time I heard a suppressor and I like it.

I also need to win a dang mega lottery.

94rover

MDS Supporter
    I was at Guntry tonight with my son. Fellow a few lanes down had the SP5 and SP5K. I didn't notice which he was shooting at any given time, but at least one was suppressed. First time I heard a suppressor and I like it.

Hello & Nice quick chat with both you and your son! Hope to cross paths again…

if not for closing time, I would‘ve been happy with you and your son sending a few rounds down 15yds with both SP’s…

Last nights visit was my first to Guntry. My friend invited me out to visit. She wanted to share her Staccato 2011. Although our time was only for an hour, it was a fun hour!

I just retrieved my Omega 9k last Saturday after 7month wait. Had first ‘run’ suppressed last Sunday at AGC. Mosquito bites enjoyed my legs more than necessary so really didn‘t fully grasp & hold on to my excitement of losing my Silencer virginity lol

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Hello & Nice quick chat with both you and your son! Hope to cross paths again…

if not for closing time, I would‘ve been happy with you and your son sending a few rounds down 15yds with both SP’s…

Last nights visit was my first to Guntry. My friend invited me out to visit. She wanted to share her Staccato 2011. Although our time was only for an hour, it was a fun hour!

I just retrieved my Omega 9k last Saturday after 7month wait. Had first ‘run’ suppressed last Sunday at AGC. Mosquito bites enjoyed my legs more than necessary so really didn‘t fully grasp & hold on to my excitement of losing my Silencer virginity lol
    Hello. <insert dorky Forest Gump wave here> Thank you again for the info. I felt like I was intruding and I'm sure the RSOs wanted to get out of there, so I didn't want hold you or them up. But I appreciate the time.

I've been to Guntry a few times and did my W&C permit class there. I'd love to be a member, but as stated in my previous comment...need mega lottery funding for that and a few other things. After being there, I just can't bear the thought of going back to Hap Baker.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

You don't know the hilarity of hearing a unsppressed shot, after shooting suppressed for over an hour.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Anyone know if the Hk web shop is ever going to be back to accepting orders? It’s been down for I believe 10 days now

mann91

Dec 13, 2012
    I've just realized there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for H&K handguns on MDS. What does everyone think of them? Is it because they're pricey? Of course Glocks get a lot of love. (Not from me. Sorry, but they just don't feel good in my hand.) So does 1911's (rightfully so), CZ (On my short list), and Sig (On my list too
    They are pricey; haven’t noticed them make a semi affordable gun that would compete with a Glock or even a SW MP.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    They are pricey; haven’t noticed them make a semi affordable gun that would compete with a Glock or even a SW MP.
    The VP-9 isn’t very expensive at all. IIRC MSRP $650-$800 depending on model. Glocks are good, as is the M&P. I have all 3 pistols referenced, and I’d trust my life with either one equally, though I do like the M&P a little more, and my HK seems it would be better for competition if I chose to go that route.

* Full disclosure, my HK is a VP-40, which fotay is now frowned upon....but it shoots fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom