• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    :thumbsup: I'm off through the new year. Planning on some various range reports in that time. DA/SA day, 10mm G20/1911 comparison day, and and a few other thoughts are rattling around the grey matter. I need to make it out to IWLA for some rifle shooting as well.
    ETA for initial range impressions: Between Monday and today, I put 200 rounds down the barrel. Very little to learn on this one as the controls and sights are essentially identical to the P30SK (also a V3 trigger). DA trigger and was long as expected, but a lot smoother than the 30SK. SA pull came in consistently at 3lb 8oz. Very crisp trigger in SA. Zero malfunctions of any kind using 124 gr S&B, Norma Training, and Federal AE. Accuracy was excellent when I did my part, which was expected given the long slide and longer sight radius. Out of the gate, I consistently had three round groups (most touching) on a 24 3" circle target and 7 and 10 yards (not rested). I think I'm fairly certain that I actually giggled like a school girl after the first few shots as recoil was so tame. I'm not recoil sensitive, but damn, this was a lot lighter than expected.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    ETA for initial range impressions: Between Monday and today, I put 200 rounds down the barrel. Very little to learn on this one as the controls and sights are essentially identical to the P30SK (also a V3 trigger). DA trigger and was long as expected, but a lot smoother than the 30SK. SA pull came in consistently at 3lb 8oz. Very crisp trigger in SA. Zero malfunctions of any kind using 124 gr S&B, Norma Training, and Federal AE. Accuracy was excellent when I did my part, which was expected given the long slide and longer sight radius. Out of the gate, I consistently had three round groups (most touching) on a 24 3" circle target and 7 and 10 yards (not rested). I think I'm fairly certain that I actually giggled like a school girl after the first few shots as recoil was so tame. I'm not recoil sensitive, but damn, this was a lot lighter than expected.
    Very nice. Enjoy!

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Today I shot my friends H&K VP9 and his Walther PDP 9. Although I will stay with my Glock, I was really impressed with the feel of the walther.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Smooth- I think that how it sits in the hand is a more refined feeling than a Glock. I wasn’t a fan of the trigger, but that can be overcome by getting used to it v
    I put Lazy Wolf triggers in mine. Near perfect, IMO.

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    I've just realized there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for H&K handguns on MDS. What does everyone think of them? Is it because they're pricey? Of course Glocks get a lot of love. (Not from me. Sorry, but they just don't feel good in my hand.) So does 1911's (rightfully so), CZ (On my short list), and Sig (On my list too).

I considered the P30 and VP9; however, I didn’t like the trigger pull and take-up on either. I could get used to them had there not been a better option.

Terps2003

MDS Supporter
    Feb 14, 2023
    Baltimore County
    This seems like the right place to drop this off... HK is essentially offering four free mags on all P2000s, 2000SKs, and full-sized VP-9s purchased 10/15 through the end of the year ($200 in "HK Bucks" redeemable at the HK web shop).

PSA had the VP9 over the holiday for $529 so picked that up. Only issue with PSA is they are hit or miss on if they will send mags over 10rds to the great state of MD. This time they did not, so good that H&K was offering their promo.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    My 1st and only HK to date

IMG_4751.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey