• Jan 3, 2023
    Rockville
    A lotta love, actually. :)

fjn4qo81n2i91.jpeg

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I just don’t see a reason to own anything else but a Glock, seems like it’s the most widely used and tested firearm out there. That being said, I do carry my 9mm revolvers far more often than my pistols.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I just don’t see a reason to own anything else but a Glock, seems like it’s the most widely used and tested firearm out there. That being said, I do carry my 9mm revolvers far more often than my pistols.
    Joys of the hobby, options. :)

Most widely used? I'll somewhat give Glock that, Gaston was good at getting his baby out there and in a lot of hands. Tested? I think that could be argued, as an example - the HK USP had the famous 50K round testing they did (being a HK thread, that comment seemed fitting).

Personally, I respect Glock - but they just don't do anything for me, and don't point as naturally as say a S&W, HK, Sig, Springfield, etc., so it's not my first choice in a carry gun. Although if it was my only choice, I'd easily adapt and happily carry it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    H&Ks stand up to rigorous testing. I don't like Glocks and do not shoot them well. My VP9's have functioned flawlessly. They are very comfortable and I shoot them well. They are at least as reliable as a Glock and built better, IMO.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    H&Ks stand up to rigorous testing. I don't like Glocks and do not shoot them well. My VP9's have functioned flawlessly. They are very comfortable and I shoot them well. They are at least as reliable as a Glock and built better, IMO.
    100 % agree. For me, my first firearm was a gen 1 Glock (still have it), then it evolved from there. I shoot it well, and have mag commonality with my PCC’s. I’m sure other brands are just as BadAss but I’m just raised on the Glock platform and don’t see the need to change.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster

Most widely used? I'll somewhat give Glock that, Gaston was good at getting his baby out there and in a lot of hands. Tested? I think that could be argued, as an example - the HK USP had the famous 50K round testing they did (being a HK thread, that comment seemed fitting).

Personally, I respect Glock - but they just don't do anything for me, and don't point as naturally as say a S&W, HK, Sig, Springfield, etc., so it's not my first choice in a carry gun. Although if it was my only choice, I'd easily adapt and happily carry it.
    Oh I get it, like the Glock 17 that survived an 18-Year, 250,000-Round Torture Test Including 6 Months in Ocean.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Still need a PSP and a K3. M8 is a KC date factory nickel while the M13 seems to be one of the rarer AD dates.

Attachments

• 61C3B583-BDFC-4F88-809B-34858AB8145D.jpeg
      61C3B583-BDFC-4F88-809B-34858AB8145D.jpeg
      578.2 KB · Views: 54

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Oh I get it, like the Glock 17 that survived an 18-Year, 250,000-Round Torture Test Including 6 Months in Ocean.

And then there is this.

4-5 years with just under 201k in that time.

18 years and 250k? Give me a break. That is some serious slow fire on the Glock.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I love the HK45 Tactical v7. I'm consistently hitting 16oz plastic bottles at 35-45 yards using only the iron sights. The P2000 in 40 S&W, I was consistently hitting 16oz plastic bottles at the same distance.

Once you get used to the HK, it is a really accurate pistol, right out to the box.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I love the HK45 Tactical v7. I'm consistently hitting 16oz plastic bottles at 35-45 yards using only the iron sights. The P2000 in 40 S&W, I was consistently hitting 16oz plastic bottles at the same distance.

Once you get used to the HK, it is a really accurate pistol, right out to the box.
    USP 45, it's too big for me to carry most times of the year - but damn if I can't shoot it like a champ (when I'm on my game).

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Really like my VP9SK. Easy to shoot, not a ton of kick, can wear concealed, too. I loved the VP9 i used at ranges so opted for the SK version for w&C. Absolutely would get another But yeah, they are pricey.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Really like my VP9SK. Easy to shoot, not a ton of kick, can wear concealed, too. I loved the VP9 i used at ranges so opted for the SK version for w&C. Absolutely would get another But yeah, they are pricey.
    Engage just had used VP9s for $350 a couple of weeks ago.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Picked this up while impatiently awaiting release the SFP9cc/VP9cc, or whatever they're going to call it. Will be putting it through some paces next week while I'm off. Needed a big brother for the P30SK, in any case.

P30L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom