• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    From the article the elected county sheriff responded this way:

We share in the collective grief and urgency to address this issue.

However, as the elected Sheriff, I have reservations regarding this order. While I understand and appreciate the urgency, the temporary ban challenges the foundation of our Constitution, which I swore an oath to uphold. I am wary of placing my deputies in positions that could lead to civil liability conflicts, as well as the potential risks posed by prohibiting law-abiding citizens from their constitutional right to self-defense.

On one hand it sounds like he is saying he will not enforce the order, but it’s not clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/i]

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    She needs the same thing as people who eat salsa made in NY City.

This. They should have 20,000 people with permits open carrying tomorrow in town. They aren’t going to arrest them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More patriots than they have handcuffs, round 2.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    New Mexico’s Governor says her duty to uphold her oath to the constitution is "not absolute."

It bloody well is whenever she acts in any official capacity. Every last bit of authority she has to act as Governor derives from COTUS and the NM Constitution.

Quite a few members of both parties need to be reminded that their authorities extend no further than the boundaries established by Constitution for their offices. When someone talks of "suspending the Constitution", they're acting with no legal authority whatever.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Isn't that basically what MoCo's 21-22 and the state's SB-1 have done?

21-22 and SB-1 are trying to use the fig leaf that if there are small pockets where Carry is allowed ( even if you would have to parachute into them ) , they're not totally banning Carry .

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    As much as this infuriates me, I'm more worried that Moore will follow suit. I just don't see how we can sit still for years, waiting for it to play out in the courts.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Probably correct. Getting geared up for the election variant of Covid.

They know what they can get away with on an actual public health emergency. Now they are testing whether they can use that power for other things . Today it's guns in ABQ, next month its a suspension of free speech in PA 'to fight hate speech'.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They know what they can get away with on an actual public health emergency. Now they are testing whether they can use that power for other things . Today it's guns in ABQ, next month its a suspension of free speech in PA 'to fight hate speech'.
    Dont forget about delaying elections until the crisis is over...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I wonder if she’d feel the same way about pausing the 13th Amendment?

This is straight up tyranny.
    Only privatized slavery has been abolished by the 13th amendment.

The government is still authorized to have slaves, which is why they can pay prisoners 3 cents an hour.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I can’t believe nobody has read to the end of the article where it also says,
    “The governor's order on Friday also directs state regulators to conduct monthly inspections of firearms dealers statewide to ensure compliance with gun laws.

The state Department of Health will conduct a report on gunshot victims at New Mexico hospitals that includes age, race, gender and ethnicity, as well as the brand and caliber of firearm involved and other general circumstances”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom