• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham says she is suspending open and concealed carry privileges in Albuquerque and throughout Bernalillo County for the next 30 days.
    The governor made the announcement during a news conference Friday afternoon.
    Gov. Lujan Grisham declared gun violence a public health emergency Thursday, following the murder of an 11-year-old boy on his way home from an Isotopes game Wednesday night. That case, combined with several other violent cases involving children, sparked the decision.

How is this even possible? Barring posse comitatus, I don’t feel like you can suspend the Constitution…

Hopefully FPC and others ly the smack down sooner than later.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    "The new public health order is effective Friday, Sept. 8. After 30 days, they will evaluate whether they should renew the order or make adjustments. It does not apply to law enforcement officers or licensed security officers. The governor said she expects to be challenged on this, but she is prepared for a legal fight."

Per usual, LEO exemption and they know that it's unconstitutional but are prepared to waste your $$ anyway.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Billyb

MDS Supporter
    Nov 7, 2022
    Towson
    You know someone is working on writing the same thing for us. They're probably just trying to figure out how to apply it to the entire state and not just Baltimore.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    I’m just waiting for the “state of emergency” declaration from Moore and suspension of permits.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

How is this even possible? Barring posse comitatus, I don’t feel like you can suspend the Constitution…

Hopefully FPC and others ly the smack down sooner than later.
    "Open and concealed carry privileges"... not sure I've heard of a constitutionally guaranteed right referred to that flippantly before. On the bright side, this level of up-the-gamesmanship also ups the antis loss when it is challenged and smacked down.

Yeah, I'm sure it was folks legally carrying that killed the kids referenced in the article to justify the order. :sarcasm:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    The governor said she expects to be challenged on this, but she is prepared for a legal fight."
    Of course she is prepared for the legal fight. She has qualified immunity AND an unlimited tax payer funded budget.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    This will cause some issues:
    STATE CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION - Article II, Section 6.
    “No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing herein shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons. No municipality or county shall regulate, in any way, an incident of the right to keep and bear arms.”

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Of course she is prepared for the legal fight. She has qualified immunity AND an unlimited tax payer funded budget.
    yep, "they" don't give a crap. if and when it gets overturned, at least they disarmed the good guys for a short time. and if and when it gets overturned they'll just do it again in a similar fashion.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so i wonder when they'll ban alcohol and phones, with all the death and injury from drunk and distracted driving. yeah, somehow that's different i know...

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Not that I will comply, but it sucks having to work and commute through Bernalillo County and Albuquerque. I can add this to the list of reasons I moved on the other side of the county line. This place is “Maryland light” in a lot of ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom