• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    And will it even make it to the courts for a final decision? I envision a strategy of the anti-gunners where they make these “emergencies” for short periods. Court case is filed, emergency is revoked, making the case moot…and then they invoke the emergency a day later - which forces an entirety new court challenge case starting from square one. Lather, rinse, repeat and you could envision this going on for decades.
    Did you see the suggestion that the pro gun side could also play the mootness game?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    How incredibly stupid can people be? They don’t like guns, so pretend the law will somehow make any difference to criminals.
    They don't care about the criminals nor the crime, and you know that. Stop pretending that crime is what this is about. They don't want VOTERS to have guns, especially voters that don't vote for them.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    :shocking: Urias also said it appears “plausible, although not certain” that the governor may “demonstrate a national historical tradition of firearm restrictions at public parks within cities.”
    It is only "plausible" if they can find some way around the uncomfortable fact that during the founding era the civilians who formed the Militia would bring their personally owned firearms, ammunition, and accoutrements to the town park (the square in the middle of town) to muster and drill.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They don't care about the criminals nor the crime, and you know that. Stop pretending that crime is what this is about. They don't want VOTERS to have guns, especially voters that don't vote for them.
    It goes WAY beyond that. The 2A broadly, and us in particular owning (let along CARRYING!) guns is just the low-hanging fruit in their larger battle against having a population of thinking, self-aware, mature adults. The kind of people they hate broadly overlaps very neatly with most of the gun-owning demographic. Being willing to defend yourself betrays a mind that is also less inclined to depend on (and thus need, and fund, and vote for) the Nanny State these people want a steady gig working for and lording over everyone else. They can have this battle with us, and have support from their constituents in doing so, because it's probably the single easiest one to fight while deploying emotion-laden, low-information pleas against us. But it's the same instinct that drives them to want to control or take away your property, your freedom of speech, your propensity for doing better by working harder, etc.

One of the main reasons I started funding this fight, and went through hoops early on to do things like get a carry permit, was because of the value of doing those things in the context of the much wider fight to preserve the liberty they hate.

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    It is only "plausible" if they can find some way around the uncomfortable fact that during the founding era the civilians who formed the Militia would bring their personally owned firearms, ammunition, and accoutrements to the town park (the square in the middle of town) to muster and drill.
    Well yea, they’ll just tote out some pictures from 1634 showing family picnics on the Common. They'll Photoshop out the parts they don’t like (the musket leaning on a tree, etc).
    If I had an armed security detail I’d consider leaving my gun at home.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Good effort though with Democrats outnumbering Republicans effectively 2:1 in both houses, I don't see much happening.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    She's now pushing for a permanent assault weapons ban, statewide.
    Remember when she said "It's only temporary?"
    Anything that increases the state's power is never temporary...

Glen-dick-head said the county piggyback tax increase would be temporary. When the temporary ran out, he increased it permanently above the temporary level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom