• ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Mr H

Banana'd
    It just struck me...

She is equating her Oath (an affirmative commitment to uphold), with a Constitutional Right (an enumerated protective guarantee), saying she's bound to neither.

Hubris.

Socio-Totalitarian Hubris.

Last edited:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It just struck me...

She is equating her Oath (an affirmative commitment to uphold), with a Constitutional Right (an enumerated protective guarantee), saying she's bound to neither.

Hubris.

Socio-Totalitarian Hubris.
    Psst

They are called "Tyrants".

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I would love to see some use of that anti-qualified-immunity law she signed. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Two of the replies - funny how they project their own beliefs and GOP. Well....I'm sure there are some GOP folks on Epstein's list, but that's for another thread.

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 10.38.02 AM.png

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Well, well, well…

New Mexico State University law student stands his ground against campus police who tell him he will be arrested if he does not identify. The student tries to educate the officer that if he is unlawfully arrested then qualified immunity does not apply to the officer. Officer's supervisor is called in and tells the student he will be arrested if he does not identify. Student tries to explain that "failure to identify" law only applies as a secondary offense and officer could not articulate probable cause.

ID stuff starts at 13 minutes in:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Tyrants are not going to give up their power easily. Grisham extended the emergency another 30 days.

The governor last week extended an emergency public health order regarding gun violence an additional 30 days into early November.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Tyrants are not going to give up their power easily. Grisham extended the emergency another 30 days.

Yea, who didn't see this comin'?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

I’m no longer surprised that I’m not surprised.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

LMAO... oh man, we all knew this was coming. I wish upon her the very worst...

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :shocking: Urias also said it appears “plausible, although not certain” that the governor may “demonstrate a national historical tradition of firearm restrictions at public parks within cities.”
    How incredibly stupid can people be? They don’t like guns, so pretend the law will somehow make any difference to criminals.

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    How incredibly stupid can people be? They don’t like guns, so pretend the law will somehow make any difference to criminals.
    let’s not forget it will be our fault if /when you lose a gun from taking it off in a “safe space”

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    :shocking: Urias also said it appears “plausible, although not certain” that the governor may “demonstrate a national historical tradition of firearm restrictions at public parks within cities.”
    That basis for that strategy is anticipated and completely gutted by Thomas in Bruen. Alas, it will have to get dragged through the courts for years to force that simple test to be finally applied to it correctly.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    That basis for that strategy is anticipated and completely gutted by Thomas in Bruen. Alas, it will have to get dragged through the courts for years to force that simple test to be finally applied to it correctly.
    And will it even make it to the courts for a final decision? I envision a strategy of the anti-gunners where they make these “emergencies” for short periods. Court case is filed, emergency is revoked, making the case moot…and then they invoke the emergency a day later - which forces an entirety new court challenge case starting from square one. Lather, rinse, repeat and you could envision this going on for decades.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    And will it even make it to the courts for a final decision? I envision a strategy of the anti-gunners where they make these “emergencies” for short periods. Court case is filed, emergency is revoked, making the case moot…and then they invoke the emergency a day later - which forces an entirety new court challenge case starting from square one. Lather, rinse, repeat and you could envision this going on for decades.
    There are strategies - in the forming of a complaint - that can head off the mootness trick. Claiming damages, for example. The policy may have gone away, but the damages won't have, and so the case is still alive. I'm being a bit simplistic, and it depends on carefully chosen plaintiffs and well written complaints with good counsel, but it can be done.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    There are strategies - in the forming of a complaint - that can head off the mootness trick. Claiming damages, for example. The policy may have gone away, but the damages won't have, and so the case is still alive. I'm being a bit simplistic, and it depends on carefully chosen plaintiffs and well written complaints with good counsel, but it can be done.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was making myself sad with my self-perceived cleverness.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    There is also the possibility of an "off the record" USSC conference call with a Federal District Court...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom