• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't see why her delusional ranting should even be dignified by a TRO.

Suppose she declared all left handed people are to be rounded up by the police and painted blue. Would the Police Chief issue a statement saying he's not comfortable with the order? Would it be necessary to get a TRO to stop it?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They are testing the system and this is step 1.

After the election, they'll try to do it Federally.

The coordinated statements from Hogg and others were carefully worded to say that this authority does not exist on the state level. Of course, it doesn't exist on the federal level either, but they'll say it does, just like the vaccine mandates.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around her wanting to do this, in order to determine which law-abiding people will be more likely to commit crime!!

NBFacepalm.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Suppose she declared all left handed people are to be rounded up by the police and painted blue. Would the Police Chief issue a statement saying he's not comfortable with the order? Would it be necessary to get a TRO to stop it?
    A preliminary injunction, ahead of an eventual formal ruling, is what’s appropriate. That takes time for the judicial machinery to chew on. A TRO is exactly what’s used while the PI is in the works.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    A preliminary injunction, ahead of an eventual formal ruling, is what’s appropriate. That takes time for the judicial machinery to chew on. A TRO is exactly what’s used while the PI is in the works.
    Agreed...

Especially when it appears that the governor's "order" is worded in a way that it can be renewed, in the same way they dragged out the CoViD restrictions.

This judge may have broken ranks with the Leftist cabal... but he also needs to be made to own it.

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

If she declares it illegal to fart on public property, would it be necessary to take her to court to stop her order?

It would be more appropriate to ignore her, laugh at her, or tell her to go f**k herself. No judge needed.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

NM state police would be falling over themselves to enforce it, apparently.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    Just so you know, I am not one to give up. The Constitution I believe is one of the best documents anyone has ever written. What I find unbelievable is the amount of people that want to just toss it. I never really understood that until 2013 when Maryland just decided they could do what they want. Sense then I have read more about law the I would have ever thought. Just to make sure I stay legal. The amount of laws and how quickly they change just make your head spin. Yes we are doing well as far as that goes. But with one or to changes to the Supreme Court. I rights will be gone. We can see that with many of the judges opinions. I just hope enough people wake up and vote for Constitution minded people. But that just doesn't seem to be were we are going. I guess only time will tell.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    For your listening pleasure this video contains actual audio clips of the judge giving his finding for the TRO in the New Mexico case.

Link:

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    We are not fighting a losing battle. We are winning a LOT.
    Depends on your definition of "winning."

We are "winning" on paper and in the courts. In writing, more states are allowing carry (open, concealed, whatever) but also, there are states that are blatantly ignoring the Constitution, SCOTUS rulings and their own state laws and their law enforcement agencies are enforcing it. Maryland is a shining example of what it means to govern outside of the law.

A written law is meaningless if the actual physical actions of the government contradict the written law.
    I am very concerned by the behavior of multiple states' state police agencies. They really seem to be the worst at adhering to the US constitution. They treat their states as if they were a fiefdom and their governor as some sort of feudal lord. Although I'm a huge fan of Federalism (states' rights), we do have a Federal constitution that must be obeyed.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    NM state police would be falling over themselves to enforce it, apparently.
    Let's have a moment of non-emotional ranting here. The appointed Superintendent of the State Police said that his department would enforce it. Of course he said that, he wants to maintain his appointment.

Not a single Trooper made any attempt to enforce it.

Just like when Covid restrictions hit and The Montgomery County Executive said that MCPD would enforce these Covid restrictions and be demanding Covid vaccine cards and arresting people for violating. Of course the Chief said that MCPD would enforce those illegal orders, because the Chief wants to maintain his job.

Not a single Montgomery County Police Officer enforced any of those orders and arrested a single person on those trumped up laws.

I know it makes a certain portion of the users here feel all good and sexually satisfied to bash the police at every turn, but it's getting to be like the boy who cried wolf here...

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Let's have a moment of non-emotional ranting here. The appointed Superintendent of the State Police said that his department would enforce it. Of course he said that, he wants to maintain his appointment.

Just like when Covid restrictions hit and The Montgomery County Executive said that MCPD would enforce these Covid restrictions and be demanding Covid vaccine cards and arresting people for violating. Of course the Chief said that MCPD would enforce those illegal orders, because the Chief wants to maintain his job.

Not a single Montgomery County Police Officer enforced any of those orders and arrested a single person on those trumped up laws.

I know it makes a certain portion of the users here feel all good and sexually satisfied to bash the police at every turn, but it's getting to be like the boy who cried wolf here...

Yeah really, all worried about what cops do and never been placed in cuffs once in their life for anything.
    Scared to death a lot folks.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    @spoon059 Come on man, what is the average citizen supposed to think when the head of the agency goes on the news and says they'll enforce? We tend to take them at their word and why shouldn't we? It's not normal to think "Bah, he's just saying that, he doesn't really mean it." The consequences of being wrong are expensive and personal. Fines and jail time.

Your train of thought is that of an insider. Most of us here aren't on the inside. Try to view this from the average citizen's perspective.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Of course the Chief said that MCPD would enforce those illegal orders, because the Chief wants to maintain his job.
    The Superintendent/Chief should be willing to walk off their jobs over things like this. If they're staying in their positions, they're staying because they have mortgages/schools/families, not because any of this is Constitutional.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Respectfully, when cops (even appointed political critters such as the NMSP superintendent) say they will enforce illegal decrees, we all lose. That no arrests/fines were/would be made is better than the alternative, but it still isn't good.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I don't think the NM state police superintendent would have gotten fired for saying: 'we are in receipt of the public health order and we are consulting with the attorney generals office on how to proceed further.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom