• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Donk sounds like something that should have an Urban Dictionary entry to me, and it does upon further review (several actually), but here we are.

Even better that the plaintiff's full name is Randy Donk.
    I smiled today.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Pardon my ignorance, but doesn't someone have to be arrested and charged in order to challenge this?

If governor decrees, or the legislature passes a law, that is unconstitutional, doesn't someone have to be offended by this in order to bring it before a judge?

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Pardon my ignorance, but doesn't someone have to be arrested and charged in order to challenge this?

If governor decrees, or the legislature passes a law, that is unconstitutional, doesn't someone have to be offended by this in order to bring it before a judge?
    Look at it like “constructive intent”

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

Not necessarily. If someone can demonstrate they were prevented from exercising a constitutionally protected right, they have standing. But standing will be challenged by the defendant in court, and IIRC the burden of proof is on the plaintiff to demonstrate they intended to, but were unable, to, exercise the right, due to the defendants' actions.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

They don't live in 4C land with a doosh judge like we do. :(

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    One thing missing from this whole Discussion,, by the NM gov, by the media, by the online critics, etc.

My brother lived and worked in Albuquerque NM for 35+ years and intended to live out his life their,, he (and his wife) loved it.
    Just a few years back he retired and the City and state started to spiral down the drain.
    They rang the "Dinner Bell" for the homeless and Albuquerque has a homeless problem worse than SF. The homeless/open air drug markets all through the city, with tents on capitol and courthouse lawns,, tents down town in medium strips, etc.. Had a problem with wacked out homes staggering into traffic,, so the mayor closed the roads off.
    They have "No Bail" system now,, Brother sent me a news clip showing the "5 most wanted" in Albuquerque,, The number 1 on the list was wanted for murder,,, he committed this murder while out on "no Bail" for committing another murder.
    This is just a small sample,, Then one day the violent masses made it out to their suburb.

Brother moved to TN last year on a lake and could not be happier.

So why has NO ONE asked the NM gov why she is not clamping down those committing these "gun crimes" ?

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford

How is this even possible? Barring posse comitatus, I don’t feel like you can suspend the Constitution…

Hopefully FPC and others ly the smack down sooner than later.
    it's very unconstitutional, The local Sheriff even said it's unconstitutional and and she needs to be thrown out.

I am glad some are not complying and are openly carrying.

"shall not be infringed" so "I shall not comply"

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    One thing missing from this whole Discussion,, by the NM gov, by the media, by the online critics, etc.

My brother lived and worked in Albuquerque NM for 35+ years and intended to live out his life their,, he (and his wife) loved it.
    Just a few years back he retired and the City and state started to spiral down the drain.
    They rang the "Dinner Bell" for the homeless and Albuquerque has a homeless problem worse than SF. The homeless/open air drug markets all through the city, with tents on capitol and courthouse lawns,, tents down town in medium strips, etc.. Had a problem with wacked out homes staggering into traffic,, so the mayor closed the roads off.
    They have "No Bail" system now,, Brother sent me a news clip showing the "5 most wanted" in Albuquerque,, The number 1 on the list was wanted for murder,,, he committed this murder while out on "no Bail" for committing another murder.
    This is just a small sample,, Then one day the violent masses made it out to their suburb.

Brother moved to TN last year on a lake and could not be happier.

So why has NO ONE asked the NM gov why she is not clamping down those committing these "gun crimes" ?
    I have some extended family out there that I have visited a few times and love the landscape and weather but I will move to TN after seeing they want crime down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom