• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwanshop

Nov 9, 2014
    Parkville MD
    howdy everyone, I am new to Maryland (from PA) and am a little discouraged as to the gun laws and the differences than what i am used to. Looking for a little information as I am looking to purchase an AR15. Is this even possible, and if so how do I go about it? I have, in the past bought on line and shipped to FFL. Is this possible as the online stores I have used in the past state they won't ship to Maryland. Appreciate all the help anyone can provide. thanks.

gw

Lougotagun

May 19, 2013
    Baltimore City
    Welcome to Maryland. As I understand it, you can only purchase an AR-15 that has a heavy barrel HBAR. Very shortly more detailed info will be posted to your question by much smarter people then me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Look up shooters discount and buy your AR15 and as stated above HBAR. Or buy a lower and build and HBAR.....key word...HBAR

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    There are two flavors of AR15 available in MD. Heavy Barrel(Hbar) model rifles and AR15 pistols that are on the approved handgun roster.

The standard for Hbars seems a bit arbitrary, but most will be listed as having such a barrel by the manufacturer. If you go the pistol route, you'll be required to obtain the MD Handgun Qualification License(HQL). You can then choose to add a Sig stabilizing brace to the pistol.

My personal recommendation is find a local MD gun shop in your area to seek guidance. If you check the Industry Partners section of the forum you'll find several good ones. Odds are they'll match or beat internet prices too once you factor in transfer fees and shipping.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Hey, welcome to the peoples republic, from Crofton.
    These guys are steering you right, our IP's are awesome!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Engage Armament in Rockville has a really nice selection of AR-15s and parts. They also custom build their own brand of ARs in-house.

Also, no other shop has Brutus!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Buy a complete lower locally. Then buy a complete upper with a fluted barrel. The upper ships straight to you if you buy it online. You'll save at least $150 that way and you will not notice any weight difference compared to a government profile barrel of the same length.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics