• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    43x with a threaded True Precision barrel, Ghost Edge connector, Ameraglow night sights, Shield Arms mag release and 16 rounds of Underwood’s +P 68gr Extreme Defense. Never had a single issue. Gen 3 mags. Absolutely my favorite Glock, of the 7 I own. I will get a 48 M.O.S. next, for sure. Blue label pricing. OP, if you’re an LEO, you are allowed to buy these mags, in MD.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Yo Baff, that's a schweeeeeet setup for sure! I'm down for getting a Glock 48 MOS next too. The price is right. I'm retired Air Force (The Country Club). So, no soup for me!

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    As others have stated, some have issues some don't. I am in the "no issues" camp. Allegedly there is some potential for tolerance stacking that can cause issues. If your tolerance stacks one way, you're fine, the other and you're not. That's how I've come to understand it. I have had zero issues with my Gen II shield mags with upgraded mag release over about 1000 rounds so far. Some might say that's not enough, but I am happy with it.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I know this is an old thread but I've recently acquired a hankering for a G43X. I've got $125 worth of gift cards for Cabela's/Bass Pro that I've had for years and have yet to find a better use for them. I'm an old school P type SIG guy, the FN was my first striker fired, this would be my first Glock. The wife and I fondled a G43X recently and both liked the feel and believe it or not, the factory sights work well for my post cataract surgery peepers.

I like the basic simplicity of the Glock but there are alternatives, major competition from SIG. The latter has more rounds from the factory, of course there are 15 round aftermarket options for the 43X. I have to wonder what Glock is thinking, if the 10 round magazine is a marketing handicap, why not up the capacity to at least 13 which would undoubtedly fit in a Glock style mag. I'm wondering if Glock thinks 10 rounds is "enough" and/or that more rounds just adds weight to a carry piece.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    FN509Fan, I'm still waiting for my G43X from the factory. I did "find" some Palmetto State Armory magazines (PSA Dagger Micro 9MM 15 round Magazine with Micro Slick Finish). These are currently in stock $32.99. I also ordered a Modular Holster from Crossbreed Holsters. I'm good to go.

However, I'm a huge Sig fan and have my eye on a 365X with the 12 round mag. That's next up on my list.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    I know this is an old thread but I've recently acquired a hankering for a G43X. I've got $125 worth of gift cards for Cabela's/Bass Pro that I've had for years and have yet to find a better use for them. I'm an old school P type SIG guy, the FN was my first striker fired, this would be my first Glock. The wife and I fondled a G43X recently and both liked the feel and believe it or not, the factory sights work well for my post cataract surgery peepers.

I like the basic simplicity of the Glock but there are alternatives, major competition from SIG. The latter has more rounds from the factory, of course there are 15 round aftermarket options for the 43X. I have to wonder what Glock is thinking, if the 10 round magazine is a marketing handicap, why not up the capacity to at least 13 which would undoubtedly fit in a Glock style mag. I'm wondering if Glock thinks 10 rounds is "enough" and/or that more rounds just adds weight to a carry piece.
    If you do go the bass pro/cabelas route, get their CC. Even if you only use it for this purchase. You save 5%. BUT if you’re a vet/AD/LEO, you get that anyways but I think it’s in store. If you can wait for a sale then wait. I only buy sale guns and ammo with the discounts when they come up.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I carry the G48(a longer barrel version of the 43x) and use the Shield Arms mags. There is a case to be made that a mis-feed can occur in the gen 2s though the only time it ever happened to me was while shooting my W&C qual, twice.

Be sure, when you insert a mag, you do it with positive force, followed by a palm slap to the bottom of the mag. Also, sling-shotting the slide will also help avoid any possible problems. After thousands of rounds since then, not a single mis-feed. I love the gun and consider it 100% reliable.
    THIS!!!! Especially True about Sling-Shotting the Slide!!! Too many people use the Slide Catch as a release and it can and will cause issues. Now, that being said there may be an occasion where one may have to use the slide catch to release the slide; tactical situation/down to one hand

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I was seriously looking for a W&C pistol in this class. I already had a Sig P365 but wanted a little more grip. I handled a bunch of other models. I even shot a Ruger Sec 9. About Glock size. I rented a 43x at the local range. I am glad I did. The triggerguard was too small and chafed the bottom of my trigger finger…like all Glocks do. Grip angle was so so. Kinda blocky.

The 365 checked all the boxes…small, shot well for a ‘little’ pistol, reliable and accurate. I read about the Wilson grip frame for it from this thread I think…but it was on mdshooters. Ordered one. The grip fills the hand enough the abbreviated grip isn’t an issue. After some experience carrying it, the P365 hides well.

Check around, shoot some other similar class pistols. No matter how good it feels in the hand, you won‘t know until you run 50-100 rounds through it. Rental ranges are good medicine.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Just ordered for my newish G43X and I think it's what I had Engage install on my G17. Any chance this can be DIY'd or did you just take it to a shop?

Appreciate the input, as always!
    Found what seemed to be a very well done instructional video for the Apex trigger swapperino.

Looks very straightforward.

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I like my 43X, fits well as appendix carry. I also have a Shield 15 rd mag, but can only effectively use 14 rds. I had to replace the mag release for it to work right.
    Yes. Shield Arms should rename them S-14 and stop claiming that can hold 15 rounds.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Just installed the Apex trigger on the G43X. Hardest part was finding the Glock tool in my basement. :lol2:

The trigger action seems pretty sweet, the reset is very crisp/tactile. I'm hoping for some good results at the range.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Yes. Shield Arms should rename them S-14 and stop claiming that can hold 15 rounds.
    They hold 15 just fine. The thing that you need to pay attention to is staggering them correctly. Because they're kindve a 1.5 stack, you can have it go left/right/left/right/left/left/right/left... and cause it to only load 14. So either download it to 13 and smack the bottom of the mag hard to reshuffle the rounds and you're good up to 15, or just intentionally load them left/right/left as you're feeding it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    THIS!!!! Especially True about Sling-Shotting the Slide!!! Too many people use the Slide Catch as a release and it can and will cause issues. Now, that being said there may be an occasion where one may have to use the slide catch to release the slide; tactical situation/down to one hand
    I have many thousands of reloads using the slide release and never had 1 issue with it causing problems to my pistol.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I just sent in a Blue Label Order for a Glock 43X. Any thoughts/opinions? What about these Shield Arms accessories? Yes, I know they won't ship these mags to Maryland.

Thanks, Red
    Recommend going for the PSA Dagger magazines instead. No mods needed. The 43X is my carry gun and I love it. The Dagger mags are reliable and the extra rounds are nice.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have many thousands of reloads using the slide release and never had 1 issue with it causing problems to my pistol.
    Ditto that. Drove my C&W instructor crazy. I went on auto pilot without thought. 30+ years of reinforcement eliminates the fine motor skill argument.

I even knock that little sharp corner of my Glocks and other poly guns so they do slide stop drops.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ditto that. Drove my C&W instructor crazy. I went on auto pilot without thought. 30+ years of reinforcement eliminates the fine motor skill argument.

I even knock that little sharp corner of my Glocks and other poly guns so they do slide stop drops.
    I would have told him to not worry about me and carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom