• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No shield arms mags for me. Took them 3 generations to get them somewhat reliable.

The PSA Micro Dagger mags have more potential but have internal flashing issues that need to be addressed.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Okay, now that I have this G43X on the way, I guess I need a complete G48 slide/MOS slide, right? I want the G43X without an optic for concealability, but would kinda like the G48 with MOS. Does Glock sell these? What are my options? Thanks, Red

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Okay, now that I have this G43X on the way, I guess I need a complete G48 slide/MOS slide, right? I want the G43X without an optic for concealability, but would kinda like the G48 with MOS. Does Glock sell these? What are my options? Thanks, Red
    There are several on ebay. Just goggle glock g48 mos slide for sale.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I don't feel like the optic changes much for concealability for the G43x. It isn't what prints.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wow, these aren't cheap ($400?)
    Red, I bought one of these the other day. I haven't tried it yet it's for the Missuz's 43x in the future. I've been on a list for a while, waiting for them to come back into stock.

BTW, Glock factory slides normally retail at $400 and up. I picked up a g48 slide 3 years ago for $375 off gun broker, but then paid $120 to have the slide cut.

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    my 43x came with the Talos red dot. I have the VNSH wrap belt where it conceals nicely, as well as a We The People IWB that is built for a 43x with a red dot. Unlike my pants, these do not make me look fat.

Attachments

• IMG_1382.jpg
      IMG_1382.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 31
    • IMG_1381.jpg
      IMG_1381.jpg
      356.3 KB · Views: 30

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    The best argument for a red dot isn't the dot, but better manipulation of the slide if needed. It sure makes a nice handle.
    It does make a good handle. I see more pluses than minus for a red dot.

I do admit, when I strap on I check the dot itself to ensure the battery has died on me. That can be done during your advised practice draws before walking out.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It does make a good handle. I see more pluses than minus for a red dot.

I do admit, when I strap on I check the dot itself to ensure the battery has died on me. That can be done during your advised practice draws before walking out.
    The thing is, if you have the center of the glass, with no dot(for whatever reason), on center mass, you'll make your hit.
    You NEED to practice that when you go to the range. And no, don't use iron sights. You're wasting time going to irons if your red dot fails.
    You owe this to yourself and your family, to practice it.

small shot

Aug 20, 2020
    Sounds like I'm the minority here. My gen 1 mags have zero issues. Also my factory 43x trigger is the best of all my glocks. I would never consider fooling with it.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Sounds like I'm the minority here. My gen 1 mags have zero issues. Also my factory 43x trigger is the best of all my glocks. I would never consider fooling with it.
    Not trying to be snarky so please don't take this that way-- Have you been through a 500 round training day with your 43X and the stock trigger yet? If you have and you still feel that way about your trigger ---KUDOS to you and you're a better man than me.

small shot

Aug 20, 2020
    Not trying to be snarky so please don't take this that way-- Have you been through a 500 round training day with your 43X and the stock trigger yet? If you have and you still feel that way about your trigger ---KUDOS to you and you're a better man than me.
    No offense taken. Yes I have. Spent over 600rds through training.

My factory trigger is extremely crisp.. better than my 19, 19x, 17, 20, and 44...

My 43x is the only Glock I have really liked. I don't have the weird point of aim issue I have with mid/full sized Glocks.
    I have Gen 2 Shield mags and have never had an issue in 2000+ rds.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    I have both PSA and Shield Arms. I like them both but I would probably would have gone with the PSAs for the polymer outside. The metal catch eats up the oem ones. At least I’d be able to go back and forth from PSA and OEM.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the 43x did not like a full shield arms mag. Very snug loading into the well. Had to give it a fairly good tap to seat. Another thing I didn’t like. Had to put in 1 round less. PSA had not issues at full capacity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom