• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    To me, this is the most insidious part of any gun grab. Too many people (and I'm NOT specifically talking about MDS members) are seemingly placated by "grandfather clauses" that allow them to keep theirs.

Death by a thousand cuts has already been mentioned. Death by attrition is another way of putting it. The end game here is no legal ownership within two generations (40 or 50 years). Our rights are slowly bleeding away. The frog is starting to get uncomfortably hot.

http://wjla.com/news/connect-to-con...does-and-doesnt-do-according-to-bill-sponsors

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    To me, this is the most insidious part of any gun grab. Too many people (and I'm NOT specifically talking about MDS members) are seemingly placated by "grandfather clauses" that allow them to keep theirs.

Death by a thousand cuts has already been mentioned. Death by attrition is another way of putting it. The end game here is no legal ownership within two generations (40 or 50 years). Our rights are slowly bleeding away. The frog is starting to get uncomfortably hot.
    Exactly right. :thumbsup:

Or I guess that should be :tdown:

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    I would love to hear what guns this ban would allow me to defend my household with :sad20: double barrel shotgun? slingshot? crossbow?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Leftists reject the legitimacy of self defence.

In nations like the UK, or New Zealand, a gun license will be denied if there is any hint of a motive to keep it for self defence.

Self defence is a PROHIBITING motive for gun ownership.

bg71361

Apr 30, 2012

Agreed! As for the “grandfathered clause” it should probably read like this... Let’s hope this doesn’t pass.

Key provisions

Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons, for now.

Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons, for now.

Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines, for now.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Unless a bill made it illegal to manufacture parts to these 205 types of weapons as well, this bill would be completely useless. Given how easy it is to 3d print or knock out an 80% firearm, banning these things will accomplish very little. If bad people want to get their hands on them, they will.

But again, all this is intended to do is restrict the rights of law abiding people. Someone who is willing to kill random people, doesn't care about stupid gun laws like this.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Unless a bill made it illegal to manufacture parts to these 205 types of weapons as well, this bill would be completely useless. Given how easy it is to 3d print or knock out an 80% firearm, banning these things will accomplish very little. If bad people want to get their hands on them, they will.

But again, all this is intended to do is restrict the rights of law abiding people. Someone who is willing to kill random people, doesn't care about stupid gun laws like this.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    To add insult to injury, our politicians (Congress) offer you nothing in consideration for banned firearm parts. Many citizens will take huge losses, including businesses/manufacturers. One day the product is legal, even approved by the ATF, then the next day it is declared illegal by elected officials, who know little about the inner workings of a firearm. Hand em over boys and you ain't getting a dime.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Be careful using the Buzzword "Mass Shooting."

The propaganda masters are using their own special definition of "mass shooting" intended to inflate the numbers wildly by mixing large numbers of gang and criminal shootings together with a tiny number of nut-job shootings. They will even include some police shootings.

I believe they lump together any incident in which four people are hit by gunfire, including the shooter. I'm not sure how closely these people need to be linked. The overwhelming number of these "mass shootings" are criminals and gang bangers doing their criminal or gang-related thing.

When a drug dealer does a drive by on another dealer's "crib," hitting several people with stray rounds, that is lumped right in with the San Bernardino terrorist attack and the Texas church massacre.

These are three wildly different incidents, with totally different motivations and circumstances and thus call for different preventative measures. Lumping them together actually obscures understanding and makes prevention more difficult. But the Progo Propagandists don't want to solve these three different problems. They want to exploit them in their own grab for totalitarian control.

The left manipulates words to advance their totalitarian agenda. We shopuld be careful about using their buzzwords.

Excellent points.

The Left defines the terms, which sets the stage and directs the conversation.

There's a big distinction, and the terms need to be changed and redefined -- by us, not them.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    I have gone as far as I'm going to go with any more laws. I will not register, turn in, modify anything I own. I currently obey the law but any more laws no. Screw them.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have gone as far as I'm going to go with any more laws. I will not register, turn in, modify anything I own. I currently obey the law but any more laws no. Screw them.

Unless McConnell and Ryan have swapped spit with Feinstein and Pelosi and FEDEXed this bill to China, for Trump to sign in to law, I'm certain you can put your fears to rest.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    And I lie here and don't give a royal fk...as we had plans to have unassed Laurel this past summer...only to have been stalled by a significant worsening of my Agent Orange induced Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (two flying tours in Vietnam).

The turds can pass all the restrictions they care to. Finding the lemmings willing to comply will be the tough part and will only lead to another round of hand wringing, candle lightening, praying to the false gods and runnin more no shootin weekends in
    Dodge.

Lew--Ranger63

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    So I have been reading the ban that is proposed and I have to admit the Lefties are so good at playing with words. Although this looks like a repeat of previous bans it is not. It bans all semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines and all pistols with detachable magazines. It is not based on how the pistol or rifle is currently configured as a test, it is based on the capacity to accept parts. If it has the capacity to accept (note "capacity to", instead of "has") a pistol grip, a forward grip, threaded barrel, etc. Every pistol or rifle in the world has the capacity to accept a threaded barrel.

2017 Ban:

‘‘A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
    ‘A pistol grip.
    ‘‘A forward grip.
    ‘‘A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
    ‘‘A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.
    A barrel shroud.
    ‘A threaded barrel.

Previous ban for reference, notice the HAS instead of capacity to accept:

A SEMIAUTOMATIC CENTERFIRE RIFLE THAT CAN ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE AND HAS ANY TWO OF THE FOLLOWING:

A PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF THE WEAPON
    A THUMBHOLE STOCK
    A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK
    A GRENADE LAUNCHER OR FLARE LAUNCHER
    OR A FLASH SUPPRESSOR
    OR A FORWARD PISTOL GRIP

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I just hope that there are still enough people in Congress representing states in Free America, to defeat any of this Feinstein & minions crap. I sometimes wonder if the Ultra-Left works to radicalize nut-cases to do things that help further the Left's agenda... Hitler did it in his rise to power. The idea here would make a nice Tom Clancy book.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I really doubt this one will go anywhere at all, but they have shown their hand.

They have revealed that they will ban all semiauto pistols. All of them except the two or three oddballs that load with stripper clips.
    They have revealed that they will ban almost all semiauto rifles, including .22s , perhaps even the tube feds.

They have revealed that they will ban millions of "ordinary" guns kept by millions of "ordinary" people. Not just "military grade weapons of war," but .22 plinkers and common home defense pistols.

They have shown their hand.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    At minimum, there's a gun in at least 1 in 3 American homes, nationwide. Pew has a poll that claims 44% of homes have at least 1 gun in them.

How many have swimming pools in their back yards?

I daresay that firearms are more common than bodies of water to swim in across the country.

Probably over half that do can't find them. :lol2:

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    And I lie here and don't give a royal fk...as we had plans to have unassed Laurel this past summer...only to have been stalled by a significant worsening of my Agent Orange induced Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (two flying tours in Vietnam).

The turds can pass all the restrictions they care to. Finding the lemmings willing to comply will be the tough part and will only lead to another round of hand wringing, candle lightening, praying to the false gods and runnin more no shootin weekends in
    Dodge.

Lew--Ranger63

Hope you get back on your feet soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom