• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    There's a point about this bill everybody seems to have missed here. This bill, as introduced by Cardin and Van H into Congress where it's DoA, is a product of the collective mind of the MD Democratic Party leadership. You can bet an almost exact clone of this will be introduced into MGA this session, and almost certainly passed.

MD has been the D's political proving ground for a lot of bad legislation over the past few of decades that they eventually want to push in other states and nationwide, and this bill will be another shining example.

More realistically, keep an eye on the axes of gungrabbing bullsh1t laws: CA; NYC; NJ; MD; and CT. Seems like the state D nabobs here and there trade infringements ideas and play "Hold my beer..." when they swap boilerplate for proposed laws. :mad54:

So what to do? Dig up these half baked piece of crap proto bills; pick them apart to find the weak points; and mock the Hell out of them when we pound the pavement and holler in social media. In other words, ALINKSY THEM!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I really think people should stop using the excuse "The 2nd amendment was written so that the people could be armed against a tyrannical take over whether it be by an outsider or our own government." Why? Because nobody has used the 2nd for that purpose and are never going to. Apparently everyone is asleep or just fails to admit that the tyrants have taken over long ago...especially in states like Maryland, California, New York etc. The libtards are chewing away at our rights, our bank accounts, and our time while they gain and we lose. Don't take this as me "downing" people and organizations for trying to lawfully fight the bastids, but what have we gained in Maryland? NOTHING. Republicans controlled the house, senate, and the Whitehouse the past year and nationally, we gained NOTHING. And the "well, they haven't taken anything from us" isn't a win because they haven't lost anything.
    I also believe that its BS when an unconstitutional law is passed and challenged, that we are stuck with that law until we can get it reversed. If its unconstitutional and challenged, the law should default back to what it was prior until the challenge is settled. Before people say "Well, that could be a bad thing", note that I said UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Apparently everyone is asleep or just fails to admit that the tyrants have taken over long ago...

The tyrants've certainly been gaining alotta ground recently, but I don't think they've quite taken over yet.
    These're the types of lines that I think you'll agree need to be crossed before Americans start going Yeager on anyone: when the government sends armed agents to your home to arrest you because you refuse to raise your kindergartner, a girl, as a boy. Or when they enact a "One Child" policy, forcing your wife or daughter with one child to abort all additional pregnancies at the point of a gun. Or they pass laws prohibiting qualified whites or Jews from holding government jobs in favour of unqualified hyphenators. Or when they silence rational, free speech. Or when they mandate gun "buy-backs".
    When the red line is crossed, I think you'll know it.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    I really think people should stop using the excuse "The 2nd amendment was written so that the people could be armed against a tyrannical take over whether it be by an outsider or our own government." Why? Because nobody has used the 2nd for that purpose and are never going to. Apparently everyone is asleep or just fails to admit that the tyrants have taken over long ago...especially in states like Maryland, California, New York etc. The libtards are chewing away at our rights, our bank accounts, and our time while they gain and we lose. Don't take this as me "downing" people and organizations for trying to lawfully fight the bastids, but what have we gained in Maryland? NOTHING. Republicans controlled the house, senate, and the Whitehouse the past year and nationally, we gained NOTHING. And the "well, they haven't taken anything from us" isn't a win because they haven't lost anything.
    I also believe that its BS when an unconstitutional law is passed and challenged, that we are stuck with that law until we can get it reversed. If its unconstitutional and challenged, the law should default back to what it was prior until the challenge is settled. Before people say "Well, that could be a bad thing", note that I said UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Just because it hasn't been used outright, does not mean it should not be there. The protection comes from the fact that it is there. When it is gone, that protection is gone. As they pick off one Constitutional right, more will follow, until they get the outcome they are working toward. The total dismantling of it.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Just because it hasn't been used outright, does not mean it should not be there. The protection comes from the fact that it is there. When it is gone, that protection is gone. As they pick off one Constitutional right, more will follow, until they get the outcome they are working toward. The total dismantling of it.

I'm not saying that it(2A) should not be there, but we law abiding citizens continue to draw the proverbial line in the sand back farther and farther...its getting very close to our own feet in states like Maryland, NY, and California.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    The tyrants've certainly been gaining alotta ground recently, but I don't think they've quite taken over yet.
    These're the types of lines that I think you'll agree need to be crossed before Americans start going Yeager on anyone: when the government sends armed agents to your home to arrest you because you refuse to raise your kindergartner, a girl, as a boy. Or when they enact a "One Child" policy, forcing your wife or daughter with one child to abort all additional pregnancies at the point of a gun. Or they pass laws prohibiting qualified whites or Jews from holding government jobs in favour of unqualified hyphenators. Or when they silence rational, free speech. Or when they mandate gun "buy-backs".

That's the problem...we keep moving the proverbial line back closer and closer to our own feet. Make no mistake, we as law abiding citizens will let the line cross us before we cross it, although that line has crossed us already...we're just too nice and law abiding to have done anything about it. By the time the things that you mention transpires, we won't have anything left to utilize the 2A with. I hope for my kids' sake that there is never a call to arms and that the liberal morons and fake conservatives would stop with the non sense, but I don't see them letting up...EVER.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

They've been laying the groundwork for those things and they get away with it, so they will continue. So long as they do one or two things at a time, it avoids a rebellion while merely pissing people off.

This year, there was a focus on erasure of monuments and symbols of our history and culture that interfere with their agenda. Nobody would start a war over it, and they know that.

Boiling frogs. We're stewing.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That's the problem...we keep moving the proverbial line back closer and closer to our own feet. Make no mistake, we as law abiding citizens will let the line cross us before we cross it, although that line has crossed us already...we're just too nice and law abiding to have done anything about it. By the time the things that you mention transpires, we won't have anything left to utilize the 2A with. I hope for my kids' sake that there is never a call to arms and that the liberal morons and fake conservatives would stop with the non sense, but I don't see them letting up...EVER.

Where is the line in the sand? If it's at gun confiscation, isn't that too late? They might do that last, when there won't be anything left to protect.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    I'm not saying that it(2A) should not be there, but we law abiding citizens continue to draw the proverbial line in the sand back farther and farther...its getting very close to our own feet in states like Maryland, NY, and California.

I think that is pretty much true. The only real way to effect a change would be in voting. This region, and the others you mention, are funneling in more and more liberal minded (absent minded?) people. One thing you can say about liberals (progressives, really) is they are hard line united. They do not waver much and walk in lock step with each other. These people see a (D) and pull the lever. Conservatives do not tend to stick together as well and vote with thought.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Just look at the election in Va the other day. You can see where they are headed. You can thank about 4 counties out of the whole state for that. Northern Virginia is leading the way for the others.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    There's a point about this bill everybody seems to have missed here. This bill, as introduced by Cardin and Van H into Congress where it's DoA, is a product of the collective mind of the MD Democratic Party leadership. You can bet an almost exact clone of this will be introduced into MGA this session, and almost certainly passed.

MD has been the D's political proving ground for a lot of bad legislation over the past few of decades that they eventually want to push in other states and nationwide, and this bill will be another shining example.

First off, the bill was not introduced by them, it was introduced by Feinstein. They merely signed onto it. (They are still giant pieces of sh*t).
    This will not be passed by the MGA because they don't have the political capital and we will fight them at every turn. They barely had the political capital in 2013 and had to lie and cheat to get it done.
    Who else has copied MD's FSA2013? Almost no one. Gun rights and pro gun bills (getting passed) outweigh the anti gun stuff becoming law on a national level.
    People keep talking about moving out of MD to escape the liberal insanity here (and I sometimes include myself in that) but what happens when that insanity comes to your new home state? Move again? Stay and fight?
    Fvck these liberal maggots. NOT ONE INCH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Where is the line in the sand? If it's at gun confiscation, isn't that too late? They might do that last, when there won't be anything left to protect.

On a federal level at least, I can't imagine they'll be able to do much 'til they've impeached this president. And with Trump's big mouth, short fuse and history of NYC "deal making", I'd put the current odds of Trump completing his first term at ~50/50.

A guide to presidential impeachment, but just in case. Not thinking of anyone in particular. Really.

Billionaire 'Doubling Down': Commits $20 Million To Trump Impeachment Campaign

The Democrats Calling To Impeach President Trump Aren't Stopping Any Time Soon

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Because of the mere mention of "ban," is anybody seeing any evidence of this along product lines - like out-of-stock AR's, mags, etc. I can't say that I'm seeing any panic at all. Products available.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I haven't seen any signs of panic buying and I just got back from a gun show (Frederick). I'm still getting email ads from vendors with sales on ammo and magazines. After the last panic buy people must have all the ammo, guns and magazines they need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom